WAY overpriced for how much content there is.

osakamitsu

Man this is some short DLC. Like $2.99- $3.99 short. Wow, is it over priced. You will finish it SO fast. Achievements are VERY easily a 1/10.

If you rush through I bet you could do this in 45-55 mins. I played for 30-40 mins and had all the collectibles and the blueprint. All but 1 safe house, all tags and both crew members. I also finished what I feel was most of the missions. Rip off for $10. I wouldn't say that i was rushing but I played smart. I did the collectible and did everything as they were on the way and saved a lot of time. I bet the average time for this will be 1 to 1 1/2 hours at the most.

Edited by osakamitsu

High Quality? I guess. I mean I like it. But I don't feel like it has much substance. The world was already there. They just threw in some collectibles, added a 2 crew members, a new zombie that drops dog tags when killed, a new car which is actually kinda cool, and then just scripted some stuff. The character is the same though. Same moves, different skin. i realize this allows it to line up with your experience points and stuff you earned. I appreciate that it's all voiced. But there still isn't much else there...

$5 max. This DLC is nice but it's also a rip off.

Why do people feel offended paying $30 for four 2 hour DLCs when the average person spends more than that going to see a 90 minute movie? I know full games only cost $60, so paying $30 for far less seems like a rip off, but you're still getting more bang for your buck than other forms of entertainment.

Why do people feel offended paying $30 for four 2 hour DLCs when the average person spends more than that going to see a 90 minute movie? I know full games only cost $60, so paying $30 for far less seems like a rip off, but you're still getting more bang for your buck than other forms of entertainment.

I guess you missed my first post. >.>

Anyway it's not 4 2 hour DLC's. It's more like 4 1 hour- 1 and a half hour DLC's. So, yes I feel ripped off.

And yes, if they were 4 2 hour DLC's that's BS too. $5 for each. $20 total is about right. So these 4 DLC's for $30 and $40 if you didn't buy the season pass, essentially just made up over half of the main game worth. This just turned into a $100 dollar game to anyone who didn't buy the season pass, $90 for those who did. And for 5 to 8 hours of extra content? I have the right to feel ripped off. It's more confusing why you don't. Yes, the game is great. Best launch game across both consoles. But come on this is the definition of nickel and diming.

edit:

I missed typed. $20 is too much. $15 is about right. You have to minus 1 DLC to justify the season pass. $5 a piece is what they should have cost. $20 with no season pass.

Edited by osakamitsu

I agree with you 100% on this, even when you buy a game for £40 & only get 20hrs out of it, that's still £2 an hour of entertainment (which is really cheap!), going to the cinema in the UK generally costs about £10 depending on where you go and you might be only watching a film for 90minutes!

Though if this DLC is only an hour long for £6, then that is a bit steep!

Edited by DJ RJester

i bought the season pass, and just finished playing the first dlc, i kind of feel like i got ripped off so far. Capcom could have added a couple more missions to make it a couple of hours longer, rather then an hour to do everything. Hopefully next episode will have a little to it, i would have been fine if the dlc cost between 3 and 5 dollars

I too did feel it was a bit short but I would not say i felt ripped off, Yes I was disappointed that the DLC did not come out until about 8:30pm UK time, but I had other games to play and I knew I could play it whenever...that and the 13Gb update took me almost 45 minutes anyways :p.

One thing I did like which I'm not sure many people may have noticed was that if you bought the season pass you could download the DLC from the Store and it would recognize that you have the pass already and let you install it, so much better than current gen where once you have the Pass you have to boot up the game, then go through the in-game menu to find & download it, plus this will dramatically reduce the amount of people who may accidentally pay for the DLC twice.

Man this is some short DLC. Like $2.99- $3.99 short. Wow, is it over priced. You will finish it SO fast. Achievements are VERY easily a 1/10.

If you rush through I bet you could do this in 45-55 mins. I played for 30-40 mins and had all the collectibles and the blueprint. All but 1 safe house, all tags and both crew members. I also finished what I feel was most of the missions. Rip off for $10. I wouldn't say that i was rushing but I played smart. I did the collectible and did everything as they were on the way and saved a lot of time. I bet the average time for this will be 1 to 1 1/2 hours at the most.

I bought the season pass so I really don't care!

I bought the season pass so I really don't care!

Someone else who missed the point. The season pass is too expensive. Should be $15. $5 for each of the 4 DLC's - 1 DLC to justify a season pass = $15. Otherwise enjoy your $90 game. Sure the main game was worth the $60. I whole heartedly agree with that. But This plus the $30-$40 dollars and making this game $90-$100 is not okay for DLC hardly worth $5.

So you don't care since you paid $15 too much. Ok... o_O That $15 could have bought you another game.

If you don't feel jipped like me and a few other people on here then, cool. It's your money and your opinion. Just like us getting ripped off is our opinions. But I work hard for my money and I expect not to be nickel and dimed. But It IS Capcom and they are known for this, so I guess I should expect it. I almost didn't buy it seeing that it was $30. I figured I liked the game enough and that the DLC would probably be worth it. Next time I know better.

Edited by osakamitsu

the average person pays $30 to see a movie? I haven't went the the theater since I am Legend. That was like 8 years ago (seems like it, at least).

But, just because YOU don't mind to over-pay for stuff, doesn't mean its alright with the rest of us. I think seeing a movie in theaters for $8 is overpriced. A $12 drink at concession is too much too.

$30 (season pass) is HALF of a *NEW* full video game. Usually, i only pay about $30 for a game, since i take advantage of trade-ins/sales/used. So, when i can get TitanFall for about $30 or 6 hours worth of DLC (while waiting 5-6 months for the content i already paid for/also not knowing exactly what i paid for), i'm going to go with whichever is best.

TitanFall, full-game, new experiences. Dead Rising 3, lack-luster missions with a few added collectibles (that do nothing) in the same world i've already explored.

In order for me to consider this dlc for $30, they'd have to make the characters like borderlands. New classes, new skill trees and a new "add-on" to the story. Then, find a way to make it work out so you can play the FULL game (retail story) with any of the dlc characters.

So, you'd have something like borderlands. By the end of the DLC you'd have 4 new characters/classes for each play through along with 4 add-ons. You'd fully level them up all over again and have a unique skill tree for each character or keep them at level 50 (or whatever level you were previously with Nick) and add to the skill tree that already exists. You would keep your previously acquired blue-prints and create a few "special" blueprints for each individual character. While, of course, adding on to the story.

That's a $30 dlc i would buy. Not this.

Edited by i fist brown i

If you are paying full price for your games and digital Xbox Store purchases then you CLEARLY aren't doing the due diligence of participating in the plethora of sales, coupons, discounts and cashback offers that are out there.

Sure, 1-2 hours of gameplay per difficulty in Operation Eagle is less than what we all would have wanted but when you cut down your overall costs for said DLC and the game itself it stings a lot less if at all.

At they very least, sign up for the Xbox LIVE Rewards program. It takes less than 5 minutes. http://rewards.xbox.com

Edited by EatSleepDreamAchievements

I've never understood why people argue that paying X for Y amount of time (especially small amounts) is good. I mean... honestly, if this DLC was only 1 hour, I would only pay like $1.00 for it. I could spend $10 on other games/expansions far more worth my time.

I only buy things full-priced that are supposed to be worth it (e.g., Skyrim, GTA IV, GTA V, Red Dead, BioShock games, etc.). Again, that all comes down to opinion, but most of those games I listed are well worth the money in content alone, but they're also usually well-crafted pieces.

However, I would not really buy this DLC if the work put into it seems that cheap (even if you can still "enjoy" it to a bit).

As far as the comment about about paying $30+ for movies... You can't really throw that argument about because it assumes that the person complaining about the game/DLC/etc. does what you say. But for me personally, I never really go to the movies. I go maybe a handful of times a year, if there's a film I REALLY want to go see or hear is a masterpiece. And even then, I usually go matinee and pay maybe $10 or less, without wasting money on anything else.

Anyway... semi-long tangent rant here where I just jumped in, but was just reasoning against the people who try to justify this kind of stuff.

What I think a lot of people are forgetting here is that it costs an absolute ton to create this content. Sure, to US, it feels like we're paying more for less. And if you base it solely off of time, then yeah, that's true. But take into consideration some of the following:

- new voice actors

- new vehicle and weapon blueprints (which entails not only the vehicle and weapon themselves, but also the collectible in the game world, and the integration with the remainder of the game so you can use said objects as Nick)

- new cutscenes (thus meaning new writing as well)

- integration into the game in the first place without bugging anything out (as far as I've seen, this is the least buggy triple-A DLC I've played in a while)

- new character models

And I'm sure there are other things I could come up with if I took the time. The content still takes a lot of effort for Blue Castle/Capcom Vancouver to create, and when you actually watch the credits and see all the people involved (did seem like they set a smaller team on this content), not to mention the cost that likely has to be set aside for marketing/promotion, partnership with Microsoft, and the data costs for allowing so many people to purchase, install, and play the DLC, I can completely understand why this costs what it does.

Now, whether or not you're okay with the price is obviously everyone's own personal opinion. And as far as looking at this solely as a consumer goes, the price is likely not justified based on the length on the content. The discount through the season pass feels a little more worth it ($7.50 per pack, as opposed to $10), though that obviously hasn't satisfied some people regardless. However, looking at it realistically, they can't price it all that much lower without failing to pay their employees properly, and to keep the content available to all of us in the first place.

Personally, I'm going to be happy with this content so long as it continues to add to the story. This (meaning Dead Rising 3) is my favorite entry in the franchise, and I feel it's the strongest piece of content since the first game, story, gameplay and soundtrack included. And I'm honestly glad it's somewhat shorter content, as if it were any longer, I'm sure a lot of people would be complaining that it didn't do anything new, and that it was all padded length. An hour and a half feels right for this type of content; something relatively familiar, expanding the story of the in-game universe, while giving us bits and pieces to play around with. I'm totally okay with this. So long as we get some information about whoever it is that's watching these people through the camera feeds, I'll be happy in the long run.

Ultimately, it's totally understandable why some people, purely as a player, feel like it should have been more. However, I do hope those people understand where the company is coming from in pricing this content as they have.

Yeah, I actually really liked it, it was short but sweet. However, Im scared about the pricing dlc and games are getting on the One. I was expecting the episodes to be AT LEAST as long as the case zero and case west games. It was pretty disappointing that Kane didnt even get his own lvl bar. Going into the DLC at lvl 50 and all of Nick's upgrades made the entire thing even easier. It would've been a lot better if we got 5-10 new levels, making it harder and giving us a reason to go out of our way to kill some more zombies.

It doesnt seem like us Xbox One users are going to be getting any weekly discounts or free games like on the 360, at least not at any time in the near future, and its just painful to see what we're getting for our money. If the rest of the episodes are going to be like this, the season pass should've been under 20 dollars/euros. Powerstar Golf and Lococycle are games that should be under 10. Games like Tomb Raider Definitive Edition are coming out for full retail price even though they're basically just the same game with prettier effects, and others like Titanfall seem very promising but don't include a single-player experience to save on costs(the game still costs 70 bucks though). Its all really underwhelming imo.

What I think a lot of people are forgetting here is that it costs an absolute ton to create this content. Sure, to US, it feels like we're paying more for less. And if you base it solely off of time, then yeah, that's true. But take into consideration some of the following:

- new voice actors

- new vehicle and weapon blueprints (which entails not only the vehicle and weapon themselves, but also the collectible in the game world, and the integration with the remainder of the game so you can use said objects as Nick)

- new cutscenes (thus meaning new writing as well)

- integration into the game in the first place without bugging anything out (as far as I've seen, this is the least buggy triple-A DLC I've played in a while)

- new character models

SNIP.

Ok, you make some good points, but this DLC was incredibly cheap to make in relation to most DLC's we get.

There is a good chance that most of what we got from this DLC was either made for the base game and cut (speaking of weapons here). The cutscenes were probably new. The character model is just a skin. He acts the same as Nick. That takes no time at all.

The location, was the same as the base game. The enemies, were the same as the base game.

The writing you mention. Not being funny, there is hardly any dialogue. It could have taken an hour to get this script together.

Integration into the main game? Dude, it IS the main game. As I said, same locations, same mobs....just different cutscenes and a different skin.

This was not an expensive piece of DLC to produce. Most of it is probably off the cutting room floor (Weapons, vechicles and skins no doubt), and even if not, the team behind the main game made like six hundred weapons....you think after that much practice it would take long to knock out another four?

SNIP.

Ok, you make some good points, but this DLC was incredibly cheap to make in relation to most DLC's we get.

There is a good chance that most of what we got from this DLC was either made for the base game and cut (speaking of weapons here). The cutscenes were probably new. The character model is just a skin. He acts the same as Nick. That takes no time at all.

The location, was the same as the base game. The enemies, were the same as the base game.

The writing you mention. Not being funny, there is hardly any dialogue. It could have taken an hour to get this script together.

Integration into the main game? Dude, it IS the main game. As I said, same locations, same mobs....just different cutscenes and a different skin.

This was not an expensive piece of DLC to produce. Most of it is probably off the cutting room floor (Weapons, vechicles and skins no doubt), and even if not, the team behind the main game made like six hundred weapons....you think after that much practice it would take long to knock out another four?

^This guy. He gets it. As well as a few others above here.

Expensive? Don't forget that this game has RAKED in the money. In fact this very website just posted an article about how it's sold over 1 million! And now they will make so much more money now that they HARDLY spent ANY money making the DLC and they overcharged considerably for them. They are practically robbing you with the time they put into this DLC and the price they are charging you ratio.

But like I said before. Everyone has their own opinion about how much their own money is worth to them. Apparently I value my money more than the people who felt this was worth it. I won't fall for this again.

Ok, that was one short DLC. I played through it the first time and got all the collectables but I missed one and had to go back through to get it. The second time I just rushed the yellow objectives and pushed though it in what felt like twenty minuets. Fun story but seriously I hoped for at least one new part of the map, or a new enemy type. It was literally just running around in the same map I've already played for hundreds of hours already. Overall it was not worth the price, felt more like it should have been priced like a Borderlands Headhunter DLC for about $3 and even at that the Borderlands add-ons actually add new content/enemies/skins/bosses. I did like it but I kind of wish I hadn't prepayed for three of these seemingly meager DLC packs.

Oh and the costume is dreadful, you get Hemlocks outfit? It's a one piece suit you can't interchange the parts except for the hat... I was expecting the main character's costume, I really wanted to use his mask with my Mercenary outfit.

High Quality? I guess. I mean I like it. But I don't feel like it has much substance. The world was already there. They just threw in some collectibles, added a 2 crew members, a new zombie that drops dog tags when killed, a new car which is actually kinda cool, and then just scripted some stuff. The character is the same though. Same moves, different skin. i realize this allows it to line up with your experience points and stuff you earned. I appreciate that it's all voiced. But there still isn't much else there...

$5 max. This DLC is nice but it's also a rip off.

It was as good as it could have been for what it was. What else would you do with a story like this? Maybe another mission or two but there aren't really side quests you can do. You're a soldier not a discount empathetic Luke Skywalker.

It was as good as it could have been for what it was. What else would you do with a story like this? Maybe another mission or two but there aren't really side quests you can do. You're a soldier not a discount empathetic Luke Skywalker.

There is a LOT you can add. Creativity my friend. Did you forget that they added a new character? New story? BOOM. They could have added A LOT to the new characters missions. They are game makers and creative already. If you can't see possibilities for extra content here then I don't know what to tell you. They managed to create 4 DLC's with 4 completely new characters and are attempting to tell THEIR story... half-assly. What other avenue do you need to add more content? They created the perfect outlet and then let it fall through the cracks.

Other ideas:

- New enemy types.

- New weapon combo/blue prints

- More vehicle blue prints (Yes, I know we got 1 and it's decent but nothing I'll use over the roller hog.

- More than just a few missions.

- Missions that consist more than cheap setups like pick up 2 objects at the yellow square on the map or go kill this random zombie. Which this DLC was FULL of.

- How about a boss?

- At least add 1 new psychopath.

- 1 new city block per DLC. They are SUPER small anyway. Ok maybe a city block is asking a bit much. But what about a building like the police station? Something multilayered that haas some substance to it?

- More costumes that are not 1 piece suits.

- More challenges like the stars on the map, maybe using the new characters self specific weapon... oh wait he doesn't have one... Could have done that and gave him a blueprint for one. NOPE.

It really took me like a min and a half to think of the above content. And I could go on. If they would do just 1/4 of what I mentioned this DLC would have been leagues better.

Edited by osakamitsu