Achievement Discussion

JuSt BLaZe

• 7 months later...
I don't see any difference from the Xbox360 achievement list which has been officially released a month ago except the descriptions from mission names to 4th, 5th and so on unless I'm missing something.

Yeah the only difference seems to be the 360 achievements lists the mission name, while the X1 achievements don't.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been snooping around and came across this thread in the Alien: Isolation forum on PlayStation Trophies.

This is related to the "One Shot" achievement (complete game without dying) and "Hide. Run. Survive." (complete mission 5 without being killed by the Xeno).

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/alien-isolation/248504-one-shot-trophy-info.html

What kaipa is saying is that during his playthrough of mission 5, he paused the game when he knew he was about to be killed, then reloaded a previous save. By doing that his deaths weren't registered. He ended up getting the "Hide. Run. Survive." trophy by reloading previous saves before dying.

So he's assuming (and so am I) that if this reload trick works for that mission 5 specific achievement, it could work for the "One Shot" achievement.

Granted, kaipa stated that he was playing the PS3 version, so this exploit may not work for the trophies/achievements on PS4/360/One.

Edited by LickableLemons7

Finish the game without dying, damn that's gonna be a challenge! :eek:

Nah, pause the game when you know you're about to die, then reload a previous save!

Speaking of "challenges..."

There is one that will start in a few hours for Alien: Isolation. Simply beat the game within the first week of release.

Don't really want to open up a "challenge discussion" thread for something so simple, unless there will be new challenges in the coming weeks.

Do people still care about the challenges? There's a few that crop up when a game launches, and then developers don't usually throw out new ones after launch...do they? I know maybe some first party games have a new challenge now and again. Plus Konami/Kojima Prod. is recycling the older MGSV: Ground Zeroes challenges at the moment and they're slapping a "2" at the end of the challenge name.

---------------------------------------------

Back to achievement discussion, anyone working on an achievement guide? I've got the skeleton ready to go but I'm not posting it until I start playing, then I'll add some more info as I go.

I see Maka and ne0182 have posted collectibles guides, so those will be useful.

For people on mission 5 this should help a lot. Once you meet the Doctor guy. Starts a section where the Alien is nonstop looking for you and its really annoying. Completely focus on the objective....dont collect anything or explore at all. When he comes out of the vent and the camera forces you to focus on him....dont back away. Just run full speed to the left to the door connecting to the seprate area. He wont notice you until hes completely down the vent so by the time your gone he will just start to look for you. With the exception of a few rare times he will not notice you and gives you a headstart....run to the next save point down the hall to the left. Then repeat the process from there until you get the keycard....its in one of the rooms in the circular area furthest from where you meet the doctor. Once you get it this can be annoying but escape the area and get back to the doctor. As long as you get back to where the ALien first came out of the vent getting back from here should be easy. Talk to the doctor...DO NOT...I repeat DO NOT follow him to where he goes because it will initiate a scene that will force you to leave. Instead save your game again. Now thankfully the Alien becomes 100% less aggressive allowing you to search the entire area you were just in without worrying about him. He still will kill you if your too loud...but throughout the entire time he only dropped out of the vent near the save point one time for me so you should be good. I found this part insanely frustrating while trying to explore the rooms.

There is one that will start in a few hours for Alien: Isolation. Simply beat the game within the first week of release

Really? I haven't seen an indicator of some sorts ingame (yet). Would be nice to unlock new stuff for clearing a weekly challenge (ex. Halo) :)

http://www.feministe.us/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/WALL_OF_TEXT.jpg

Ehm PHub07, I know you're excited when posting. But really, use the "ENTER"-button now and then... :p

Really? I haven't seen an indicator of some sorts ingame (yet). Would be nice to unlock new stuff for clearing a weekly challenge (ex. Halo) :)

Oh no, not a weekly challenge like in Halo.

I mean an Xbox One challenge. Challenges are basically achievements that must be completed within a certain amount of time. Challenges award 0:gsicon: and don't affect your completion %.

I just beat the game on hard and I can confirm that reloading the last mission and not dying does not work for "one shot". Also, restarting the mission you accidentally died on does not work as well. A "pause and reload before you die" run might work , but unfortunately I died on mission 12 and saw the tape icon in the upper right corner. However, I did get the "Hide.Run.Survive." achievement by doing the pause/reload method, so I'm thinking that the pause/reload method will work with "one shot" if your fast enough. I'm going to do a speed run on easy so ill keep you guys updated. Also, I can confirm that if you kill one human, even on accident and reload, that you still will not get "Mercy or Prudence". Some tips I can give if your trying to do a pause/reload would be: if your health is low and you think your going to get grabbed by an android, just reload. Once grabbed with low health they will do an instant kill scene that cannot be paused. Also, if you see the alien run at you, hear it scream, see your screen shake, or have any combo of the above happen then just pause and reload as fast as you can.

I just beat the game on hard and I can confirm that reloading the last mission and not dying does not work for "one shot". Also, restarting the mission you accidentally died on does not work as well. A "pause and reload before you die" run might work , but unfortunately I died on mission 12 and saw the tape icon in the upper right corner. However, I did get the "Hide.Run.Survive." achievement by doing the pause/reload method, so I'm thinking that the pause/reload method will work with "one shot" if your fast enough. I'm going to do a speed run on easy so ill keep you guys updated. Also, I can confirm that if you kill one human, even on accident and reload, that you still will not get "Mercy or Prudence". Some tips I can give if your trying to do a pause/reload would be: if your health is low and you think your going to get grabbed by an android, just reload. Once grabbed with low health they will do an instant kill scene that cannot be paused. Also, if you see the alien run at you, hear it scream, see your screen shake, or have any combo of the above happen then just pause and reload as fast as you can.

I just went through mission 5 on easy, and reloaded before the alien death animation twice during the mission. No "Hide. Run. Survive." achievement for me. I just made a thread about it. I really don't understand how this shit works one bit. I reloaded to get the don't get attacked by Android achievement two levels before this. Is there anyone with confirmation that has "One Shot?"

There really needs to be a stat tracker for deaths by any and all means. Yes, I know there was the secret achievement for 100 alien deaths, but I got that at the end of my hard playthrough on mission 18 by letting the alien kill me, because I wanted to do "One Shot" on easy. I even remember testing the pause/reload thing going for the 100 alien death achievement to see if I could "void" a death as it was happening, and I noticed it did not count towards the achievement when I reloaded, but alas I did not get "Hide. Run. Survive." by doing the same method.

Edited by UnrealVag

did anyone complete the game without dying yet??

:rant:

Yep.

If you know you're about to die, pause the game and reload. Sometimes you can even pause and reload during a death animation. You've got to do it before the cassette tape save icon appears, though. When that shows up, the game has recorded your death.

I heard that if you die and the save icon appears, you can still go back to "previous save" rather than "current save" and the death won't be registered for that playthrough. Not 100% sure about that and I need someone playing the game on 360/One to confirm.

Edit: If you can revert to previous save after dying and still earn One Shot, I think I will bump the estimated achievement difficulty from 6/10 to 5/10 in the achievement guide.