Can't Make Both Players Gollum

gohanman

I cannot figure out how to change both characters into Gollum for the "kill Gollum as Gollum" achievement.

I make the first player Gollum, then switch to the second player. When I hold Y and select Gollum, it just switches control back to the first player.

This seems to occur with every character, not just Gollum. The game won't let me make both players the same character. But I'm at a loss how I'm supposed to do the achievement...

• 2 weeks later...

If you try and select the character as a part of the eightish (however many, I can't remember off the top of my head!) characters it automatically presents when you hold Y, and the character is already being played, it will just switch back to that character. To get two of the same character you can hold Y and then select the option on the bottom of the circle of characters (a little black silhouetted character button) to open the full, expanded character selection screen. You can then choose the same character for the second player using that menu, without it just jumping back to the other player.

At least that's how I did it!

I know you already got it but I figured I'd post anyway. It was easier for me, rather than digging out a second controller, and if someone doesn't have a second controller they can use this method.

You just have to pick gollum and then switch to the other character and choose gollum from the master list...

My suggestion is when your up high also to switch characters using th emaster list otherwise your character on the ground changes and then you have to climb up all over again

• 4 months later...
My suggestion is when your up high also to switch characters using th emaster list otherwise your character on the ground changes and then you have to climb up all over again

This happened to me all the time, I wish I had known when I first started the game to go into the master list. Ugh :p

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...