Your K/D Beta Ratio

PiixL

K/D doesn't matter and ruins games.

That being said - I think the k/d in this game if funky and maybe not right yet. Almost every game I notice at the end when the stat screen pops up that it is wrong in tallying both my pilot kills and deaths. And, if you go to the screen that details your xp for the match the numbers do not match up with the end of round screen.

Why are people so fixated on this asinine stat? It's clear that this thread was started by a desperate CoD nerd, because they are the only type of people who car about their "precious K/D ratio."

Christ, this game is already DOA if people are concerned about their KD from a beta.

Why are people so fixated on this asinine stat? It's clear that this thread was started by a desperate CoD nerd, because they are the only type of people who car about their "precious K/D ratio."

Christ, this game is already DOA if people are concerned about their KD from a beta.

Truth - and k/d does not matter in Titanfall. Of course there is a direct correlation to k/d and whether you win or lose in most game types but TF gives you two k/d's. One vs. pilots and one vs. ai. The ai one is completely useless because killing the ai yields you very little. For instance in attrition you get 5 pts I believe. So I basically ignore them unless I either have to shoot them or have no action happening on my side of the map. Therefore, I may die 5 times and only kill 5 ai yielding a 1:1 k/d. But if I wanted I could go 400:1 anytime on ai and ignore pilots. Also, killing ai reveals your map position which makes you vulnerable to good pilots.

Pilot k/d on the other hand is a bit more telling of skill. However, there are flaws in that as well as it does not count titan kills in that stat (because the pilot may eject) and it is completely useless as a stat in game modes like last titan standing. Also, in domination k/d means nothing as well as it is all about point control.

Which leads me to the point I always make on K/D. The only game mode where it truly matters is deathmatch (or attrition in TF). Even then, with the ai in Titanfall it is viable for a player rack up as many points by going 0:5 against pilots but killing off 100 ai players as it is for a person to kill no ai and go 5:0 vs pilots.

Truth - and k/d does not matter in Titanfall. Of course there is a direct correlation to k/d and whether you win or lose in most game types but TF gives you two k/d's. One vs. pilots and one vs. ai. The ai one is completely useless because killing the ai yields you very little. For instance in attrition you get 5 pts I believe. So I basically ignore them unless I either have to shoot them or have no action happening on my side of the map. Therefore, I may die 5 times and only kill 5 ai yielding a 1:1 k/d. But if I wanted I could go 400:1 anytime on ai and ignore pilots. Also, killing ai reveals your map position which makes you vulnerable to good pilots.

Pilot k/d on the other hand is a bit more telling of skill. However, there are flaws in that as well as it does not count titan kills in that stat (because the pilot may eject) and it is completely useless as a stat in game modes like last titan standing. Also, in domination k/d means nothing as well as it is all about point control.

Which leads me to the point I always make on K/D. The only game mode where it truly matters is deathmatch (or attrition in TF). Even then, with the ai in Titanfall it is viable for a player rack up as many points by going 0:5 against pilots but killing off 100 ai players as it is for a person to kill no ai and go 5:0 vs pilots.

I agree with your sentiments. I often have to try and carry teams in hardpoint or just admit defeat due to them either thinking it's attrition or camping in their titans. How hard is it to get out of your titan and capture one of the objectives? Some even allow you to stay in your titan...

I'd like to hit 3.0 before the beta ends tomorrow.http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c127/Invincible25x/TitanfallBeta3.jpg

It should also be noted that I only really have played Attrition during the beta. I enjoyed Hardpoint but I'd prefer to play that with a team of people that I know, rather than randoms.