Jump to content

 

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Floyd. said:

When I got mine, I was in the middle of playing Yakuza: Like a Dragon and I couldn't believe how much the entire game improved on all technical fronts.

 

I bet. I've mentioned before how noticeable the jump was from a One to a Series S, so I can't wait to see the jump from S to X (Well, I do need to wait a week before it arrives...). Now the last thing I need to actually upgrade in my ongoing basement remodel is the TV. Presently, I've got a 50" Toshiba from 2012 as my main TV. Nothing really wrong with it per se, but it just might be time to get a UHD model once I have UHD devices hooked up to it. But that's still a ways in the future as the Series X purchase plus just making the final payment on my high-end laptop means my hobby money fund's running a bit on empty now, and I'm not frivolous/insane enough to dip into savings so I can experience Balan Wonderworld in gorgeous 4K definition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/27/2022 at 2:27 PM, Floyd. said:

I'm currently playing Tiny Tina's Wonderlands and, as an avid fan of Borderlands and a weekly D&D player, I'm loving it. Already more enjoyable than BL3 for me.

 

 

Idk about all that, and I have a strong dislike for BL3 due to an achievement not popping. And FYI, contacting Gearbox is pretty pointless.

 

I'm hoping TTW grows on me because I love the series. Maybe the wow factor just hasn't hit me yet. 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After 150 hours I'm taking a break from SnowRunner. Still need to mop up a few jobs on some of the maps and start Maine but I don't want to get burned out on it.

 

Jumped back into Flight Sim and downloaded the Straya pack. There's a nice offering of bush trips to see some sights so I'll probably do these until GSL kicks off next week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DEG23 said:

After 150 hours I'm taking a break from SnowRunner. Still need to mop up a few jobs on some of the maps and start Maine but I don't want to get burned out on it.

 

Jumped back into Flight Sim and downloaded the Straya pack. There's a nice offering of bush trips to see some sights so I'll probably do these until GSL kicks off next week.

its depressing how unnecessarily long snowrunner is. no reason it shouldn't be around the length of mudrunner, which was an amazing time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

its depressing how unnecessarily long snowrunner is. no reason it shouldn't be around the length of mudrunner, which was an amazing time. 

 

To be fair, the 150 hours I'm talking about is just the play time on the dlc😜

 

I've really enjoyed the slog but it is annoying if you just want the achievements. I've actually found it quite relaxing. I'm about 85% done across all regions including the dlc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, DEG23 said:

 

To be fair, the 150 hours I'm talking about is just the play time on the dlc😜

 

I've really enjoyed the slog but it is annoying if you just want the achievements. I've actually found it quite relaxing. I'm about 85% done across all regions including the dlc. 

good progress, i saw those regions are colossal compared to mudrunner's areas. The games are oddly relaxing lmao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got to max level in Tiny Tina's Wonderlands earlier today and will probably wrap up the campaign tonight, do some achievement clean up, and see if their "end-game" running Chaos levels or whatever it is ends up being fun. Really enjoyed the game so far. Easy recommend to anyone who enjoys the Borderlands formula (and doesn't hate Tina with a burning passion because she is in it a lot, duh).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So me and my misses wrapped up our playthrough of Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (took a bit longer then Floyd it seems lol) and that was a pretty good time tbh, I played as a Clawbringer/Graveborn and she was a Stabomancer/Spore Warden so we at least had all 3 companions with us lol.
Also got nearly every achievement apart just missing: the Chaos level ones (most likely gonna need to solo these as she doesn't do grinds), the inventory upgrade ones cause those need so much $$ and the trading one which for whatever reason wont unlock for me and obviously the get all other achievements achievement.

 

 

Other then that I'm not starting anything else till GSL starts so I've gone back to my PS5 to mostly grind GTA:Online on there cause apparently I hate myself enough to do it all again lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Edword said:

 

When I saw that I just let it download when I went to work :biglaugh 

I wish they would've made it an optional download, Because I own a 1080p monitor that's like 8 years old. I can't even see the visual upgrades anyway. Hell... My frames have been a constant 60 fps ever since I got the series s. Literally a waste of hdd space.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finished up Nexomon last night. Had to spend the last hour or so of it basically praying to RNGesus as I walked back and forth trying to get the last 3 roaming legendaries I needed to finish up the Dex.

 

Also belted out one of those quicky completions in Rogue Explorers. A pretty basic roguelite platformer. No real difficulty challenge (at least as far as I went), and you'll wrap up all but 1-2 achievements by the end of the 3rd world out of 10. Controls are a bit sticky, especially on wall jumps, and for some odd reason you can't run to the right and jump, but only if you're using the stick for movement, as the d-pad works just fine. All in all, I don't think this one'll dethrone Rogue Legacy or Undermine anytime soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Edword said:

 

I'm just hoping I play enough this split to hit Gold :biglaugh 

You got this dude. I ended up playing in some pred lobbies last night and it wasn't too fun. Literally had the top 3 pred xbox players 3 stacking. I'll probably just hit masters again and call it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wound up picking up Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga the other day, and honestly, I'm kinda disappointed.

 

Probably the biggest problem I have with the game is that it's like 90% hubworld now. The story missions have so much less in them both in content and length. On average, I'd say they're shorter than a DLC level for one of the other games in the series. They've also managed to make one of the worst versions of the Podracing event that I've played. The hubworlds themselves aren't super interesting either, as they all feel so sterile. I feel Force Awakens did a much better job with each of their worlds.

 

So far, I've finished Episodes I through V. Still got a ways to go, as there's a lot of bricks to collect (It feels a bit daunting when you grab your first collectable and the message "1/1150" pops up).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Read said:

Anyone else excited about Spongebobs Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated is on sale for $15?... Nobody? Just me? Okay.. 🥳

I picked this up at release and only played a few minutes of it, I keep telling myself I should give it a proper go but other things keep getting in the way. One day...

 

As far as what I am playing, Elden Ring. I've put about 20 hours in at this point and I think I'm at level 36-37. I've mostly been exploring the map, clearing dungeons and such. Having a blast, fought Margit around level 30 and beat that ass, pushed forward into Stormveil Castle only to get my ass beat by the knights in there so went down to Weeping Peninsula to explore a bit. Ran into Leonine Misbegotten and absolutely rekt his ass. That's about where I'm at, got the whole weekend to play uninterrupted so hoping to make some decent progress. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, oORuffusOo said:

I picked this up at release and only played a few minutes of it, I keep telling myself I should give it a proper go but other things keep getting in the way. One day...

 

As far as what I am playing, Elden Ring. I've put about 20 hours in at this point and I think I'm at level 36-37. I've mostly been exploring the map, clearing dungeons and such. Having a blast, fought Margit around level 30 and beat that ass, pushed forward into Stormveil Castle only to get my ass beat by the knights in there so went down to Weeping Peninsula to explore a bit. Ran into Leonine Misbegotten and absolutely rekt his ass. That's about where I'm at, got the whole weekend to play uninterrupted so hoping to make some decent progress. 

What made you stop playing it originally?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
  • Create New...