New DLC leak via in-game billboard?

Seems like we're going to be able to upgrade our abilities. See the upgraded pea-gatling, cactus dropping an armored wall-nut and a badass looking zomboss drone. Looks like the update might be here sooner than we think, pretty awesome of them to support the game like this.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/308h4c8.jpg

Edited by xcrimsonlegendx

Seems like we're going to be able to upgrade our abilities. See the upgraded pea-gatling, cactus dropping an armored wall-nut and a badass looking zomboss drone. Looks like the update might be here sooner than we think, pretty awesome of them to support the game like this.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/308h4c8.jpg

I just noticed this in the main menu as well.

I hope it's out soon!

I'm sure they'll most likely just make it so that you can change the cosmetic appearance of your abilities. I saw someone on twitter yesterday post a picture of a chilli bean wearing a sombrero.

That would be cool. It would be better if each character in each class had at least one unique ability. We will see what all of these leaks are about soon enough. Hopefully not kill streaks.

An interesting thing to note about that picture is that there is only one (armored) tall nut. Maybe these abilities aren't just cosmetic after all? Like perhaps they actually come with their own unique features such as for the armored tall nut, you might only be able to plant one (but you could plant it four times to make a wall), but it has twice as much health as a standard tall nut. The more I look at it though, the more I think it could just be the angle of the tall nut, rather than there being only one.

I'm also curious if these abilities would be available to all class variants too, or only certain ones. Say for example we get a lighting sun beam (sunflower ability), it would look rather weird coming from a fire sunflower.

Edited by Le Vampyr †™

I'd guess that they'd be the same across all variants, i'm just wondering how to get them. Do we have to level up our current abilities or are they just going to unlock automatically? I hope they're not kill streaks but I'm sure they've got SOME idea of what they're doing so I trust that they'll be implemented well.

I'd guess that they'd be the same across all variants, i'm just wondering how to get them. Do we have to level up our current abilities or are they just going to unlock automatically? I hope they're not kill streaks but I'm sure they've got SOME idea of what they're doing so I trust that they'll be implemented well.

Like I said before, they'll most likely be unlocked via sticker packs. Like how when Mass Effect 3 had multiplayer DLC like new classes, you had to unlock them from the in-game store with your currency after downloading.