Game crashing after 30 levels a row

Infection Ftw

Anyone else has this problem? A friend of mine has it and I have it as well. Tried it on my pc and laptop, if I start at 1-1 it crashes after 4-3 and I did one attempt starting with 1-2 and it crashed at the flag of 4-4. This way I can't get the 3600 lums in one run achievement (which isn't that hard with a keyboard). And if someone had this, were you able to solve it?

Edit: I managed to get it today but I am not sure how. This is my suggestion for people with the same problem though:

For the ones that have the game crash after level 4-4 (assuming you start at 1-1) I suggest to re-open the game through the left side menu of Windows 8 and see if it will pop in the main menu. It did for me today, though it didn't work before. This means there might have been an update that didn't fix the crash but somehow did fix the achievement.

However after one of the crashes I did just continue from where I left on till level 5-4/5-5 without failing. So if the above method won't work then I suggest you try this suggestion and after you've done that to retry the above.

Edited by Infection Ftw

• 3 months later...

I am constantly having this problem. I have gotten close about 15 times and I have the game crash somewhere between 4-1 to 4-5.

I am playing on Win 8.1, the screen goes black and the game minimizes. If I pull the game up again, it's on the title screen.

Is there anything special you did to get around it, Infection, or was it just luck? I don't really understand your instructions with the left side menu in Win8.

Anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this or am I just screwed? Ubisoft has always provided poor support and almost never patches their game bugs, so I imagine this won't be fixed ever.

Edited by syntheticgerbil

It's world 4-4 yes but if you start at 1-2 it's 4-5. Basically it's after like 30 levels that it will do so. Anyway my 'solution' as far as it is: http://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=747589#vch - also check my comments. I can't believe it was just luck but I can't nail down what exactly made it pop either.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess to update this, I've done somewhere between 30-50 perfect runs of this, starting at the next level after being booted from the end of 4-3. No achievement, nothing. I'm so furious.

I've been going back and forth with Ubisoft support and offering all kinds of info and screenshots of this issue, and they said they are forwarding the issue to the dev team, so hopefully they can patch this. I can't believe I'm locked out of an achievement when I can easily do it. I wish I had a third device to try this on, but it astounds me it crashes on both a tablet and desktop.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, my last bump of this thread. I finally got the achievement. I did everything the Ubisoft support person told me and finally they told me to turn my UAC settings to the highest security (mine was on lowest). I didn't think this would make a difference, but as soon as I booted the game up, the achievement popped on the main menu.

I'm not sure if having your UAC turned all the way up prevents the game from crashing but I am so sick and tired of playing this that I don't even to find out anymore. Just to note for anyone else having this problem, I had technically completed the achievement like forty times or more (I had to try every time the Ubisoft rep asked), started where I left off after the crash and playing until 4-4 or 4-5 every time.

• 3 months later...