Official bitching thread!

bwfcskillsinhd

died 4 times in a row to the lost sinner boss. it made me want to throw my xbox out the fucking window :mad:.

Oh, just wait until you see her in NG+!

I was at zero deaths in NG+ with 8 boss kills under my belt. Just coasting along at a relaxing pace and then she showed me the door. Repeatedly.

It's not really her either....it's her entourage.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing post update: do we no longer turn human after aiding as a phantom? Just helped someone defeat a boss and still have my 1/4 death penalty. If they changed that this totally sucks, aiding others was a decent thing in community terms, reinstating my humanity was even better. I always did this when low on effigy..

I was at zero deaths in NG+ with 8 boss kills under my belt. Just coasting along at a relaxing pace and then she showed me the door. Repeatedly.

Tell me about it. This boss is pissing me off in ng++ sinners attacks are so relentless I can't find an opening to attack and those damn pyromancer phantoms are jus outright annoying I swear one spawned in already doing a chaos storm as sinner hits me.

i think's it's funny me and a friend couldn't kill this boss. idk if i was having bad luck or this boss is hard as shit.

Playing post update: do we no longer turn human after aiding as a phantom? Just helped someone defeat a boss and still have my 1/4 death penalty. If they changed that this totally sucks, aiding others was a decent thing in community terms, reinstating my humanity was even better. I always did this when low on effigy..

It wasn't consistent before, and From did mention it wasn't supposed to be happening, so they may have patched it.

I lost 315k souls earlier. In NG+ I ran into 2 red phantoms and one cast a sunlight spear and destroyed me. I always have the death nullification ring on, but I took it off to put on the cat ring for fall damage and forgot to change it.

I lost 315k souls earlier. In NG+ I ran into 2 red phantoms and one cast a sunlight spear and destroyed me. I always have the death nullification ring on, but I took it off to put on the cat ring for fall damage and forgot to change it.

i know what that's like the amount of times i've had 30k-50k souls and died with them on. and whenever i went to go retrieve them i would die again and i'd lose my first retrieval @#!#.

Honestly, my only complaint thus far is that this game seems much easier to me than the first one. I shouldn't say much easier, but not nearly as hard. I agree that it's much more playable and accessible, but I'm finding myself dying WAY less than I did in Dark Souls. I suppose it's possible that I'm just used to the way these games play now, and I have more experience, but still. It's cool, though, because I love this game.

Oh, I should add that it seems that when I press the B button to dash the game doesn't respond sometimes. I fairly certain it's not my controller that is the problem, either.

It's not input delay, if you lose all of your stamina, you should wait to get recovered fully to continue sprinting. If is down to a little bit, then you can sprint almost instantly when starting to recover. Hopefully you get what i'm saying (poor english).

As for difficulty, i'm finding it much harder than first game. This depends from which class you are starting (deprived here), if you are using the easy mode Rings of Life protection, etc.

People complaining about death penalty - have you played Demon's Souls? There your health drops down to 50% after one death and recovers after beating the area boss. Here it's just a 5% per death.

Edited by Pavel

I nearly lost 750k souls last night while trying for like 5 hours to beat Darklurker; after every defeat I went back and repaired the ring but I finally forgot to repair it and died at the boss. It took me 15 minutes just to make it back to the boss to retrieve them I was playing it so safe.

Not much to bitch about except for the occasional lag but I do think I enjoyed Dark Souls more than this game. The game is still amazing and not having to fight giant skeletons in complete darkness almost makes it automatically better, but maybe my opinion will change in NG+.

^ yeah basically never lose souls and become hollow in a Souls game...it's weird. :p

From my point of view those rings would ruin the gameplay for me because you basically have nothing to risk so you wouldn't care about dyingso that right there is kinda ruining the dark souls experience. I think maybe each time you need to repair the rings the cost of repair goes up or something

From my point of view those rings would ruin the gameplay for me because you basically have nothing to risk so you wouldn't care about dyingso that right there is kinda ruining the dark souls experience. I think maybe each time you need to repair the rings the cost of repair goes up or something

I refused to use these rings on principle on my first playthrough. But I can see the reason for their existence. If I'm running around with a few hundred thousand souls, I'll definitely throw one on just in case. :p

Honestly I believe this is the "Easy Mode" FromSoft decided to implement in this game. They made it something entirely optional that wouldn't affect the greater community at large. If you're going to do it, that's the perfect way in my opinion.

I refused to use these rings on principle on my first playthrough. But I can see the reason for their existence. If I'm running around with a few hundred thousand souls, I'll definitely throw one on just in case. :p

Honestly I believe this is the "Easy Mode" FromSoft decided to implement in this game. They made it something entirely optional that wouldn't affect the greater community at large. If you're going to do it, that's the perfect way in my opinion.

Yeah that's true. If people want to use em that's their choice and then there's the covenant of champions jus to be extra hard core haha

The lack of twinkling titanite. This is really annoying me, at least in DaS 1 you could buy an unlimited amount, even if it was 8,000 a time. Now, 15,000 and you can buy like 3? I don't know if this updates in subsequent playthroughs. but some of my favourite items require it and I can max out like 3 of them (it also takes more than 10 to get to +5 now too)

I appreciate there's more slabs and such, but the most interesting items require twinkling or dragon bones.

The lack of twinkling titanite. This is really annoying me, at least in DaS 1 you could buy an unlimited amount, even if it was 8,000 a time. Now, 15,000 and you can buy like 3? I don't know if this updates in subsequent playthroughs. but some of my favourite items require it and I can max out like 3 of them (it also takes more than 10 to get to +5 now too)

I appreciate there's more slabs and such, but the most interesting items require twinkling or dragon bones.

Those halberg enemies in shrine of amana drop twinkling titanite and those enemies that hide behind the pictures in aldias keep the ones that have lilke a blue sythe drop petrified dragon bones. Still your right its pretty damn hard to get all your stuff maxed out when enemies despawn. The woman should sell unlimited when you beat the last boss

Those halberg enemies in shrine of amana drop twinkling titanite and those enemies that hide behind the pictures in aldias keep the ones that have lilke a blue sythe drop petrified dragon bones. Still your right its pretty damn hard to get all your stuff maxed out when enemies despawn. The woman should sell unlimited when you beat the last boss

I've pretty much had every enemy worth anything de-spawn from farming their equipment, the dragon acolytes and the mages are pretty much gone for me. I just want to wear awesome looking armour without it sucking damn it!

I've pretty much had every enemy worth anything de-spawn from farming their equipment, the dragon acolytes and the mages are pretty much gone for me. I just want to wear awesome looking armour without it sucking damn it!

From my experience with armor I really don't think it matters. Like I could wear a complete haval set which has more than double nearly triple the stats of black dragon armor but I still receive the same damage which made it completely pointless to wear very heavy armor jus to receive the same amount of damage. So I just wear the black dragon armor because it looks cool

From my experience with armor I really don't think it matters. Like I could wear a complete haval set which has more than double nearly triple the stats of black dragon armor but I still receive the same damage which made it completely pointless to wear very heavy armor jus to receive the same amount of damage. So I just wear the black dragon armor because it looks cool

That's odd, even if it is the case though, it'd feel wrong not being as good as I can be, the only reason it's not been annoying me thus far is because I played my entire run with the jester hat and prisoner tatters for item discovery.

That's odd, even if it is the case though, it'd feel wrong not being as good as I can be, the only reason it's not been annoying me thus far is because I played my entire run with the jester hat and prisoner tatters for item discovery.

the only thing i can see different between havels and black dragon armor is poise. havels poise stops you from been interupted as much and can recover from a stagger quicker thats the only thing i can see different. the damage recieved is the same which to me sounds broken judging from the stats

I hate how fragile all of the weapons are. Sure, they get repaired every time you sit at a bonfire (a stupid mechanic IMO), but that doesn't comfort me when I'm not near a bonfire/I'm trying to make my way to the next bonfire and suddenly the "at risk" message flashes. I much preferred the system in DaS1.

I also don't like the healing items. They don't drop frequently enough. At least you'd get a nice amount of the worst healing grass in DeS to keep exploring but now? Nope. Down to 2 lifegems so I just use my 2 doses of Estus and keep getting killed, mainly because...

...of the new eploring system where everything is open pretty much. "Do I now go this way? Oh look, one hit reduced the enemy's hitpoints by 1/15th. Okay, 180, take that path, nope, not doing any better here either." DeS had it right: not forced to follow a completely linear path like you kinda have to follow in DaS1, yet you couldn't choose world 3-3 before first clearing 3-1 and 3-2 first and we all know those first worlds were easier, obviously.

And finally, I can't point out what exactly is wrong with the game, but it failed to "suck me in" like DeS and DaS1 did. I guess it's the pointless wandering around with no clear goal/path (mind you it doesn't have to be a strict corridor or a map marker or something that would point you in the right direction) or how I gotta go to Majwhatever every time I want to level up or how I still haven't found out how to upgrade weapons or or or, I don't know. All I know is I regret spending 69.90 on this game. Should've waited until I could get it for 30 or less.

I hate how fragile all of the weapons are. Sure, they get repaired every time you sit at a bonfire (a stupid mechanic IMO), but that doesn't comfort me when I'm not near a bonfire/I'm trying to make my way to the next bonfire and suddenly the "at risk" message flashes. I much preferred the system in DaS1.

I always have multiple weapons with me in case this happens. Preferably two of the same weapon, but I now have 4 weapons to chose from that play very well with my build so I just choose which one I feel like and swap if it gets below 25% durability.

I also don't like the healing items. They don't drop frequently enough. At least you'd get a nice amount of the worst healing grass in DeS to keep exploring but now? Nope. Down to 2 lifegems so I just use my 2 doses of Estus and keep getting killed
The simple fix is to get more Estus Flask shards. There are plenty of them that can be obtained fairly early in the game, I think I had 6-7 before fighting any of the primal bosses.

...of the new eploring system where everything is open pretty much. "Do I now go this way? Oh look, one hit reduced the enemy's hitpoints by 1/15th. Okay, 180, take that path, nope, not doing any better here either." DeS had it right: not forced to follow a completely linear path like you kinda have to follow in DaS1, yet you couldn't choose world 3-3 before first clearing 3-1 and 3-2 first and we all know those first worlds were easier, obviously.
I also struggled with this because I chose to fight the sinner first, which was definitely the hardest. Only thing to do is keep trying areas until you find one you can advance into.