Official bitching thread!

bwfcskillsinhd

I managed to get a fellow Sunbro by the name of Sir Arrows who is the smartest co op guy I know, and we beat the shit out of that dragon. Cut him down while all he did was do the back leg stomp, which this guy just rolled out of the way. So hardcore.

one of the times i tried co op on that boss i walked through the fog. partner followed and was one shotted by the initial attack as soon as the walk through fog animation finished lol

I wouldn't recommend that you attempt to "block" any of the near endgame Bosses, haha. (Except maybe the Defenders, but even so, some of their buffed attacks will still do massive chip damage through your shield.)

The Ancient Dragon is easy once you get all of his breath attack timings right; when you see him fly up into the air -> IMMEDIATELY run towards his tail. Then prepare for him to land, and stay on his sides. :)

It's more of an endurance battle than anything else too, since it almost has 20k HP :/

dont even need to block tower defenders sunlight spears ans spears just destroy those 2. i usually dodge everything but i cant dodge or block that dragons flying aoe. i did what you said and ran towards him as soon as his wings flapped but he either still hits me with it, lands on me cos im so busy running or il dodge the landing and he flies straight back up and repeats. i swear this dragon hated me he constantly spammed his flying aoe. i try baiting him into his other attacks but no he just wants to fly and set the world ablaze lol

also i dont know if its just me but i swear that dragon gets lightning resisitant as the fight goes on. my spears did decent damage but when he loses about 1/4 health my spears just start doing nothing

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have loved a shared stash item box so that I could transfer gear & items from one character to another. That's what I thought the item box at the bonfire was for, but it isn't. Is there any actual purpose to the item box?

jus a convienient place to store everything so you dont have to scroll through stuff to get to what you need. im pretty sure there is a limit to what you can carry as well but not sure about that

I didn't buy fire whip from Titchy in my first playthrough so I have to do the chariot boss again on NG+. It's not the boss that annoys me it's getting there, there's now 6 red phantoms up there waiting for you on the path. Well annoyed.

I didn't buy fire whip from Titchy in my first playthrough so I have to do the chariot boss again on NG+. It's not the boss that annoys me it's getting there, there's now 6 red phantoms up there waiting for you on the path. Well annoyed.

fire whip? i swear thats a drop from those gnomes in belfry sol

gnome or dwarf what ever they are haha

fire whip? i swear thats a drop from those gnomes in belfry sol

gnome or dwarf what ever they are haha

Oohh, yeah I saw that but aren't they really rare drops?

Hmm I might farm them for a bit then. These red phantoms are taking the piss. :p

EDIT: THE FIRST GNOME I KILL AND HE DROPS IT

Why didn't I just come here in the first place *facepalm* thank you for the tip lol

It's not input delay, if you lose all of your stamina, you should wait to get recovered fully to continue sprinting. If is down to a little bit, then you can sprint almost instantly when starting to recover. Hopefully you get what i'm saying (poor english).

As for difficulty, i'm finding it much harder than first game. This depends from which class you are starting (deprived here), if you are using the easy mode Rings of Life protection, etc.

People complaining about death penalty - have you played Demon's Souls? There your health drops down to 50% after one death and recovers after beating the area boss. Here it's just a 5% per death.

No, it definitely happens when I am at full stamina. It even caused me to die last night when I tried running and jumping across a gap. The game never registered that I even pressed the B button, so nothing happened when I pressed in LS to jump except for a lovely death.

I also started as a Deprived. No Ring of Life Protection.

Wow, people on this game...

I get invaded by a blue spirit, I take off all my armour and do nothing, he backstabs me, proceeds to kill me and then has the nerve to do a gesture. The only reason I let him kill me is because it's apparently the only way to lower sin, but what a dick. By far the worst covenant I've come into contact with so far.

I get invaded by a blue spirit, I take off all my armour and do nothing, he backstabs me, proceeds to kill me and then has the nerve to do a gesture. The only reason I let him kill me is because it's apparently the only way to lower sin, but what a dick. By far the worst covenant I've come into contact with so far.

The Souls series is one of, if not my favorite game series. I love the loneliness you get and the combat is the best around.

However, I am what is known as a carebear. I don't like PVP. I get nervous and panicky and fumble with controls I normally have aced.

As much as it would anger the hardcore PVP players, I would love an in game item that allowed you to help others with boss battles but never have to worry about invasions altogether. (Just my opinion)

And I also despise forced PVP related achievements.

I have never invaded a single player in a Souls game and probably never will. I'm just too nice to potentially screw up another players progress. My luck, it would be someone new to the series and that one time would deter them for good.

The Souls series is one of, if not my favorite game series. I love the loneliness you get and the combat is the best around.

However, I am what is known as a carebear. I don't like PVP. I get nervous and panicky and fumble with controls I normally have aced.

As much as it would anger the hardcore PVP players, I would love an in game item that allowed you to help others with boss battles but never have to worry about invasions altogether. (Just my opinion)

And I also despise forced PVP related achievements.

I have never invaded a single player in a Souls game and probably never will. I'm just too nice to potentially screw up another players progress. My luck, it would be someone new to the series and that one time would deter them for good.

I don't mind invaders, but some common decency would be nice.

I always jump off a cliff, or stay and fight if i'm in the mood (2%). Either way, people are dicks.

I'm getting a hell of a lot more people who bow now, compared to the OG Dark Souls. Even in the Belfries, and that's saying something.

Yeah. In Dark Souls the people who invade are usually sucks but I get a lot more bows. I like that.

This turtle shell club enemies in the iron keep are fucking stupid. They are ceap and I can't get past them literally.

cross map lightning spears with binoculars ftw

Not a bad idea there haha. I need a really good miracle/sorcery/hex (thats relatively easy to get) to really fuck those guys up since melee just isn't happening.

I also noticed how parrying isn't nearly as consistent was in the original. The riposte animation is awesome though. Especially with the Zweihander.

Not a bad idea there haha. I need a really good miracle/sorcery/hex (thats relatively easy to get) to really fuck those guys up since melee just isn't happening.

I also noticed how parrying isn't nearly as consistent was in the original. The riposte animation is awesome though. Especially with the Zweihander.

i was walking around like i was zeus. had my lightning spears. 40 great lightning spears 26 lightning spears and my 4 sunlight spears and my binoculars. nothing in the iron keep can take 2 hits of my normal lightning spears because they all take extra lightning damage. got my +10 lightning claymore if anything actually gets close lol.

i dont dare try to parry in this game. i do like the frontal stab you can do after you press forward RB while they block then front stab them thats well handy

i was walking around like i was zeus. had my lightning spears. 40 great lightning spears 26 lightning spears and my 4 sunlight spears and my binoculars. nothing in the iron keep can take 2 hits of my normal lightning spears because they all take extra lightning damage. got my +10 lightning claymore if anything actually gets close lol.

i dont dare try to parry in this game. i do like the frontal stab you can do after you press forward RB while they block then front stab them thats well handy

Awesome. How do I kill the old iron king while I'm here? He reminds me of the ceaseless discharge, lol.

Awesome. How do I kill the old iron king while I'm here? He reminds me of the ceaseless discharge, lol.

i normally lure him to the left and then corner peek and throw spears if your in co op and others distract him its even easier.

iv never actually hit him with a sword tho so i couldnt give any melee advice

i normally lure him to the left and then corner peek and throw spears if your in co op and others distract him its even easier.

iv never actually hit him with a sword tho so i couldnt give any melee advice

He is actually decently easy with a melee build. On NG, I beat him with a sunlight lightning Zweihander +10. Like a sun bro boss. :p

The Ironclad warriors (turtles) can be whittled down if you have a strong enough lighning/fire weapon (I used my all time favorite Black Knight Halberd) and dodge their swings. If you do it right you can even bait an attack like you can the goat warriors in Shaded Woods, get a hit in, and back up. For multiple guys though you'd probably need a bow and arrow or a spell.

As for sunbro-ing, I just now decided to raise my faith (currently at 28) for lightning spears. I've beat the game on a melee only build, so it is possible. Granted, I had to use summons and a few pyromancies for Darklurker, but that's it.

The Ironclad warriors (turtles) can be whittled down if you have a strong enough lighning/fire weapon (I used my all time favorite Black Knight Halberd) and dodge their swings. If you do it right you can even bait an attack like you can the goat warriors in Shaded Woods, get a hit in, and back up. For multiple guys though you'd probably need a bow and arrow or a spell.

As for sunbro-ing, I just now decided to raise my faith (currently at 28) for lightning spears. I've beat the game on a melee only build, so it is possible. Granted, I had to use summons and a few pyromancies for Darklurker, but that's it.

Goat warriors? GOAT WARRIORS?!

The vast majority of the game is fair and balanced but there seems to be a few parts that are ridicilous. Hell, I don't mind the surprises that kill me immediately cause I usually laugh at how dumb I was. There are just a few places where the enivornment is far more deadly and unbalanced than any enemy I've encounted. (except 2 bosses that destroyed me. Thank god for co-op and summons!)

Sorry to be vague but I want to stay spoiler free just in case.