Any point in upgrading or infusing bows?

Le Vampyr

Hey all. Just curious if anyone could explain to me how a bow benefits from being upgraded or infused, considering you can get different arrows and bolts. Like what would happen if I infused my bow with lightning when I was already using lightning arrows before? Would the lightning damage from the arrows stack onto the lightning damage from the bow or something?

Thanks.

Well on DaS 1 that was the case, unsure if they ever patched the fire bow but a lightning crossbow with lightning bolts seemed more effective, so I would probably say so.

It's also worth infusing if you have stats in other areas more beneficial, magic for example, would benefit more from a magic bow and probably magic arrows. I just use a +10 hunters black bow though, when you level it up it gets S scaling with Dex and is actually quite good. At 40 Dex with iron arrows it puts out about 300 damage per hit which at massive range is very useful in PvE, especially shrine of amana.

I have NO clue how this works! I infused my bow with raw material and on the stats screen it said i would do 20 more damage, but when i actually hit an enemy it did HALF the damage i did before! :confused:

The stats screen doesn't account for damage added by scaling and making any weapon Raw seriously reduces the scaling of it.

It's only worth making a weapon Raw if it doesn't scale, black dragon weapons for example.

The stats screen doesn't account for damage added by scaling and making any weapon Raw seriously reduces the scaling of it.

It's only worth making a weapon Raw if it doesn't scale, black dragon weapons for example.

The Black Bow of Pharis gets high Dex scaling? Shit bro, where is it??

Anyone put poison on a bow yet? Curious if the effect will stack with the arrows to activate poison on something with less hits. Takes 4 hits with just the arrows.

I looked at that on my short bow and saw that bleed and poison were both greyed out. I'm guessing it's not an option since I have plenty of both those stone types.

I'm guessing they did this because you'd never have to buy poison arrows otherwise. Not sure why bleeding isn't allowed. 2 effects from 1 arrow does seem OP.

Edited by SuNuS

Thanks! I'll try to remember that. The Dragonrider bow just wasn't cutting it and I was looking for a suitable replacement.

I tried the Black bow at +10 and it wasn't doing as much damage as a +5 Dragonrider Bow and certainly not as much as a +5 Bow of Want.

For a dex build there's really no reason for anything else.

You sure about that? the above two bows were hitting much harder for me at 25 Dex.

Anyone put poison on a bow yet? Curious if the effect will stack with the arrows to activate poison on something with less hits. Takes 4 hits with just the arrows.

As stated above, you cannot infuse a bow with poison or bleed. I haven't really ever infused a bow because I would hate to face an enemy of the same infusion time (ie, fire) and have them be extra resistant to my bow.

I tried the Black bow at +10 and it wasn't doing as much damage as a +5 Dragonrider Bow and certainly not as much as a +5 Bow of Want.

You sure about that? the above two bows were hitting much harder for me at 25 Dex.

Well I have a +5 Dragonrider Bow, but it takes all of my stamina for 3 shots. Not the most effective in terms of DPS. Can't say anything about the Bow of Want though. I guess I'll have to try both the Pharis and the Boss soul bows to see which is best.

I looked at that on my short bow and saw that bleed and poison were both greyed out. I'm guessing it's not an option since I have plenty of both those stone types.

I'm guessing they did this because you'd never have to buy poison arrows otherwise. Not sure why bleeding isn't allowed. 2 effects from 1 arrow does seem OP.

Infused my bow with magic and hadn't bothered to check if poison was even allowed. The topic just got me thinking about it is all. Thanks for the heads up.

Well I have a +5 Dragonrider Bow, but it takes all of my stamina for 3 shots. Not the most effective in terms of DPS. Can't say anything about the Bow of Want though. I guess I'll have to try both the Pharis and the Boss soul bows to see which is best.

For me, the BoW does 15-25 less damage but can fire off 4 shots before my stamina is depleted. It also fires faster than the DrB and has a special attack to throw lightning spears at people.

Lol, the Bow of Want actually has a fitting acronym :p

For me, the BoW does 15-25 less damage but can fire off 4 shots before my stamina is depleted. It also fires faster than the DrB and has a special attack to throw lightning spears at people.

Lol, the Bow of Want actually has a fitting acronym :p

Sounds pretty OP! Does the Dragonrider Bow even have a special ability? Lol

Thanks for the replies guys :)

One more question while i'm in this thread then.. there are some hexes that use your souls when you cast them. Say if i'm using these hexes as a phantom (co-op, invading, arena etc.), will I get the souls back when I return to my world?

Thanks for the replies guys :)

One more question while i'm in this thread then.. there are some hexes that use your souls when you cast them. Say if i'm using these hexes as a phantom (co-op, invading, arena etc.), will I get the souls back when I return to my world?

No.

At 25 Dex they would, they have higher base damage. Also, what was your str? Both have higher Str scaling and for some stupid reason Str scales twice as much as Dex. Dragonrider bow also has Int scaling.

Ahhh, I see. 40 STR, 25 DEX, 20 INT. I apologize for jumping your shit if that's the case :D