Long-Buried E.T. Cartridges Unearthed | Xbox Original Programming

iBuzz7S

Yep, they've hit the jackpot.

And, lo and behold, they hit paydirt. The findings started out very promising, with an old, dusty Atari 2600 joystick buried in the landfill. Then an "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial" cartridge. A box. An instruction manual. And the confirmation of "a lot more down there." How many more, we don't know just yet -- but at this point, we can safely report that those long-buried cartridges are actually, 100 percent there. Crazy, isn't it!? And it sounds like some other games are down there, too: Centipede, Space Invaders, Asteroids, and possibly more. "Lots of boxes" is what we're hearing.

http://news.xbox.com/~/media/images/media%20assets/entertainment/xbox%20entertainment%20studios/atari%20dig/atari%20dig_evidence.jpg?h=827&w=620

More news will be coming next week, but it looks like Xbox One owners will get one original program in the near future.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/04/ent-atari-dig

put them back they were put there for a reason.. they sucked

And you know from experience? -_-

OT, this is kind of a sad day. One of the biggest urban myths of gaming is over. I remember playing this game when I was like 5-6 lol. It kept my attention, but at that age, that wasn't that hard. It really was bad, but for me, it has a lot of sentimental meaning.

It doesn't look like 10-20 truckloads, but it's still pretty cool.
I think Microsoft are going to air it all for us so we can see how much they found

Wish I was there it would have been cool to watch them dig up 30 year old console's and game's even though I find what there looking for to be junk. *to me*

Maybe if it were a whole lot of Sega Console's now that would be a gold mine.

And you know from experience? -_-

OT, this is kind of a sad day. One of the biggest urban myths of gaming is over. I remember playing this game when I was like 5-6 lol. It kept my attention, but at that age, that wasn't that hard. It really was bad, but for me, it has a lot of sentimental meaning.

He/She may have played it when he/she was a child, or even as a teenager. Maybe he/she played it not too long ago.

:confused:

Conspiracy theorists already claiming that the cartridges and covers were placed there by Microsoft themselves. Something about a 30 year old cartridge/booklet wouldn't look 'that good' being buried for so long. I love N4G and GAF!

Conspiracy theorists already claiming that the cartridges and covers were placed there by Microsoft themselves. Something about a 30 year old cartridge/booklet wouldn't look 'that good' being buried for so long. I love N4G and GAF!
Lol cant wait until I see my first Conspiracy about this I would like to know how Microsoft got everything under a 30 year old layer of concrete without the right to dig on the land before hand.

And about the cartridges and booklets looking good same deal with Mummies I would say preserved by lack of air.