Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Nozza

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2389/17.jpg Magic Smoke 10:gsicon:

Kill 4 enemies within a single instance of Focus

You'll first need to unlock the Focus Skill. It can be found in the Combat section and can be brought for 1 Skill Point. If you have 5 spare Skill Points for the 'Improved Focus' and 'Slowed Focus' upgrades, then it maybe worth purchasing these, but it possible without them, though a it will be a lot harder if not near impossible. Once you've acquired this Skill, you can now slowdown time with your Focus by pressing in :rs:.

Once you've purchased the Focus Skill, you'll now notice a wavy white bar with 6 squares in the bottom left corner of your screen. This is your Focus meter, and when being used the square blocks will disappear until all are gone. Once all 6 have vanished, then your Focus has run out and you'll be placed back into normal speed.

This can be attempted on either gang members or the police, but doing it either in one of the many Gang Hideouts or ctOS Centers will be the easiest option. When you choose your location, simply scout the area and tag as many enemies as you can. You'll now need to bunch 4+ of them up and this can simply be done by a well placed luring gadget or by hacking something that'll explode. In most cases, more than enough enemies will gather to it's locations.

If there's now enough enemies within a short space of each other, pull out your gun and press :rs: to trigger your Focus. Aim for the head, as even with the 2 extra upgrades your Focus doesn't last that long. Once 4 enemies have been killed within your Focus timeframe, the achievement will unlock. If you don't manage it, simply play a bit of the game or run around the city doing this and let your Focus replenish until you can attempt it again.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2389/23.jpg Black Hat Trick 30:gsicon:

Kill 3 enemies with a single IED

For this achievement you'll first need to obtain the IED (Proximity or Self Detonated). You can either craft one once you unlock the necessary Skills and have played through a few story missions to do so. Or if you have the cash, you can buy some from Tobias's Shop for $300 a go.

Now that you have some IEDs, this is best attempted on the police and they bunch more than standard roaming gangs. Cause a bit mayhem to get their attention and wait for them to arrive. You'll need at least 2 police cars as each hold 2 cops.

Making sure you position yourself correctly, the police cars should pull up right next to each other or one in front of the other. Either before or just after the 2nd car pulls up, throw your IED in between them and blow it up it by holding :xbut: to hack it. The cops in the fist car should of got out but would still be in close proximity to the blast, while the 2nd lot should still be inside their car which is what you want. Otherwise they'll get out and too much time would of been wasted,meaning they'll all be too far spread out and too far away from the blast.

Both of these achievements are easy to get in the Fixer Contract "Members Only" in the wards if you don't want to slaughter cops. (you can repeat fixer contracts from your phone if you have already done this one bfr)

Your stealing a car and gangsters are chasing you, group them up, jump out of the car and then IED them to get Black hat trick, and repeat the process but shoot them for Magic Smoke.

Another tip for magic smoke:

Use :lbbut: to select your weapon of choice, and then use :lbbut: again to select Focus Boost Pills. Hit :rs: to start your focus, and start shooting, periodically tapping :rbbut: to use a pill to replenish your focus. This way you can take more time to kill :)

For anyone that needs scan proof I've just found the best way to do it. At the end of the second mission in act 4 you will have to escape a level 4 scan. Simply straight after taking out a van, shoot a few people. This will bump it to a level 5 scan just before it starts.

Best way by far because if you mess up you can simply restart the mission and there is no long waiting time trying to boost wanted level. Just make sure you have Max jammers before starting the mission, and have a few ingredients to make more if needed. Use a bike too

Sorry if this been mentioned before but I just did it and thought would save some trouble

Also taking out the van from distance with a sniper is the quickest method to do it. Obviously not great if you still need it after the mission, but deffo the way for anyone that's not past that point yet

Edited by skuff

For the Black Hat Trick achievement, I found it easiest to do during the Saw Mill Gang Hideout Mission. This mission has two parts, first go and clear out the saw mill:

- Use the silenced pistol, kill the guy on the wood pile.

- Kill the guy below the wood pile

- Kill the guy to the left of the target

- Take down the target

- Kill the last guy to the right of the target (close to the saw mill drive way)

Once everyone is taken care of, two cars will show up. The first will contain the second target and drive past the drive way and the second will pull into the drive way. But before they pull up you will have time to place a bomb in the road. Blowing up the first car will get you the achievement, but fail the mission. The second car should also get you the achievement, but it is harder and the first car with the target will take off and you will have to chase them. My recommendation is to blow up the first car and restart the mission.

For Revoking Client Privileges...

I completed everything and my progression screen shows 11/11 and the achievement star is lit up. But I didn't get the achievement.

EDIT: It unlocked randomly as I was heading to finish off the Darkness Looms achievement.

I just wanted to add that my Clear Signals achievement didn't pop right away but later found it had been unlocked, even with no notifications. Same thing happened to my brother.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to point out that the Freeware achievement actually glitched out for me as I can no longer gain experience and need one last skill point. Idk if there is a work around for this or if I've done something wrong. Also, I can no longer progress the Human Trafficking. One of the briefcases popped up to choose as an objective and I received a phone call in-game and it cancelled out the objective. The mission is no longer on the map nor is the briefcase.

So, kind of an odd issue is happening for me... I've unlocked 28 achievements, but it says I still have 11 locked. This (obviously) equals 39 achievements, but there are only 38 in the game. What is happening?!

EDIT -- I think I figured it out. I have an "achievement" unlocked called, "Escape Loop". It is for Escaping 15 police chases, but it isn't worth any gamerscore. It is included in my achievement list though. Weird.

Edited by Eggnogga

This will be the hardest achievement as mentioned. When I was testing this out, I played the one with the analog sticks. I didn't fail any, until I got to level 10 and it was the last shot.

Only reason was because they put the RS circle on the left and the LS circle on the right. This is not how you brain works, and you push the sticks in the wrong directions. Unless you can work your brain like that, I think it'll take 2 people to do that last one.

Can you not turn your controller 180 degrees so that the sticks are back to normal?

Before I get hit over the head.. joking peeps lol

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have a problem in this achievement.

I got the 23 songs, the progression menu appears 23/23 songs.

When will the achievements, it appears that I did not 100% only releases this achievement.

She is on the blocked achievements (even with 100%).

Anyone have any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can I get Magic smoke after I've done all de missions and side missions?

I would say so especially since now you can revisit gang hideouts etc. that would be the best place to get four people together.

Having trouble finding my last check in location on the map? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to see it anywhere. Now also got this problem with what I think it the final mission on the missing persons investigation. Any ideas?

Did you get the lighthouse? Not sure if you might have missed that when looking at the map

Edited by Kairi
Double Post

• 3 months later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Skorpion XBA and has been published as the Official XboxAchievements.com Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official XboxAchievements.com Watch Dogs Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...