I have no use for Battlefield 3 as I have it on Xbox 360 with all DLC, PS3 with no DLC, and PC with all DLC, but I'm definitely interested in snagging the other offerings.

Even though tou ha e it on pc you might aswell download it on xb1 or atleast start and cancel it. Saves you playing it on the 360 since it will all be there on your xb1

Even though tou ha e it on pc you might aswell download it on xb1 or atleast start and cancel it. Saves you playing it on the 360 since it will all be there on your xb1

Eh, if I ever play it again, it'll be on PC. Though there's no harm in adding it, I really have no purpose. Furthermore, a used copy of this game is like, $2, haha. However, with that said, my 360 is hooked up directly next to my Xbox One, and they're all ready as soon as I switch HDMI channels, so I have no real use for backwards compatibility, unless they offer a different selection of OG Xbox titles on the Xbox One than they did with the 360. Unfortunately, I'm an idiot and I bricked my OG Xbox years back, and haven't had a real reason to purchase one back yet, but I will eventually.

Edited by Tussell

I still don't get people who fight against using BC. It makes games look and play better. If you like a game, playing it on the 360 instead of on Xbox One via BC is doing it and yourself a disservice. It's also better to have a digital copy so you don't need to fuss with the disc IMO. Also X1 controllers are better.

But I'm a future-thinking Digital Master Race type, so all this stuff gets me giddy. I know there are people who love their current tech and physical copies and that's fine too. :)

I still don't get people who fight against using BC. It makes games look and play better. If you like a game, playing it on the 360 instead of on Xbox One via BC is doing it and yourself a disservice. It's also better to have a digital copy so you don't need to fuss with the disc IMO. Also X1 controllers are better.

But I'm a future-thinking Digital Master Race type, so all this stuff gets me giddy. I know there are people who love their current tech and physical copies and that's fine too. :)

Assuming my post is what caused you to ask, I'll explain my process of thought.

Well, for one, I have to download the game if I’m on my Xbox One, and I’m using the digital version, which is a waste of my time for a game I have on three platforms already, two of which are in disc form and can be launched in mere seconds. Second of all, I have almost zero intentions of ever launching BF3 on any platform, ever, at this point, though it was a favorite of mine back in the day.

When it comes to just throwing the disc into my Xbox One, sure, there’s not a big deal, but I still have to download crap to the cloud and make space and stuff, on top of downloading any patches and stuff. The Xbox One controller isn’t that much better than the Xbox 360 controller, and something like Battlefield 3 isn’t going to run that much better either, I’d imagine.

I’m trying to put as few steps in between me and playing a game as possible, and unfortunately, this generation has just been adding more, haha. Personally, I'd rather play an OG Xbox game on an OG Xbox, rather than through backwards compatibility... Check out the BC list on Wikipedia for OG to 360... Almost every title has issues that weren't there on the 360.

I’m also vehemently sad to think that 99%-100% of the OG Xbox titles playable on the Xbox One, will be the exact same titles that are available on the Xbox 360.

Honestly, I’m all for backwards compatibility, but there hasn’t been much peaking my interest in terms of Microsoft supporting it on their consoles. I also never get rid of anything from previous generations, so I have working iterations of all the original stuff, making backwards compatibility (outside of OG Xbox, which I bricked years back) fairly useless to me.

With all of that said, with Battlefield 3 specifically, I just have no urge to play it... If I were to ever boot it up, which would be extremely rare, I'd boot it up on PC.

Edited by Tussell

Still. Just incase. You never know when the planets will allign. Just start the download and then cancel it just so its on your profile. You never know man

Haha, I appreciate you looking out, but I think I'll be fine with my three copies of Battlefield 3.

I honestly don't even like Battlefield anymore.

I love BC and use it all the time, but I'm also a Physical Disk Peasant. :p

Eh, but if you own the physical version of the game it seems pointless to get the license and download the digital version.

Yeah, but that requires getting up and walking to my library alcove on the other side of the room. That's like, a whole 20 feet or so.

In seriousness though, I do add the titles I already own physically to my library as since the option is there, I might as well take it. Even if it has little use to me, it's not hurting me any by existing.

Well that list gives me mixed feelings. Hydro Thunder and Oxenfree I'm interested in trying. Forza 5 I've had a digital code of for a few years that I've been trying to trade/sell which is going to be useless now. A digital BF3 opens the door to a 360/X1 double box opportunity for me to frustrate myself going for the Bullseye achievement, and finally complete the game. Maybe. That balances out to be a month, not sure if it's good or bad for me.

When it comes to just throwing the disc into my Xbox One, sure, there’s not a big deal, but I still have to download crap to the cloud and make space and stuff, on top of downloading any patches and stuff. The Xbox One controller isn’t that much better than the Xbox 360 controller, and something like Battlefield 3 isn’t going to run that much better either, I’d imagine.

I’m trying to put as few steps in between me and playing a game as possible, and unfortunately, this generation has just been adding more,

That's me as well.

I have hundreds of 360 games and probably about 200 that I have never even played yet in my backlog. I'll play them all on my 360. I have no interest in downloading them all when I want to play them, then deleting them if I need space, then downloading them again.

I prefer to just pop them into the 360 and play off disc whenever I feel like it.

• 2 weeks later...

The list of Games with Gold on the first page of this thread is a few months behind. I'm willing to keep this thread up to date if anyone else isn't able to do so or isn't interested.

Powerstar Golf is currently free for Gold members on the Japanese Xbox Store (click)

And LocoCyle is free for Gold members on the Indian Xbox Store (click)

Oxenfree (click) and Battlefield 3 (click) are the current GwG for most other regions.

Edited by LickableLemons7

The list of Games with Gold on the first page of this thread is a few months behind. I'm willing to keep this thread up to date if anyone else isn't able to do so or isn't interested.

Powerstar Golf is currently free for Gold members on the Japanese Xbox Store (click)

And LocoCyle is free for Gold members on the Indian Xbox Store (click)

Oxenfree (click) and Battlefield 3 (click) are the current GwG for most other regions.

Nice. Good lookin out man

• 2 weeks later...

Once again time for the rumors :)

Saw a "leak" of:

Xbox One -

DMC: Definitive Edition

Shadows of Mordor

Xbox 360 -

Castlevania: Lord of Shadows

Blood Drive

Personally, as long as I can get Castlevania LoS as digital BC, I am happy. Such an amazing game. Good looking list if it's real though. Guessing it's fake, if you look at LoS, under the Xbox One BC tag, it looks like a UK rating sticker.

http://media.comicbook.com/2017/09/xbox-leak-1023132.jpg