You still have a chance so dont give up!

Your the reason I argued this change as after your grandmother dying if anyone had a reason to quit it was you, yet you said you would fight on and the effort you put in the first two rounds was extraordinary and this change has really stacked the teams.

Whatever happens, you've done very well so far, and impressed a lot of people!

Don't give up!

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :) I'm definitely not giving up, regardless of the stupid thoughts in my head. My teammate deserves nothing but my best effort and that's what I intend to put forth.

I'll play this round out as it's already started and then move on. I tried to say more, but failed. So in short, I apologise to those that are upset that I'm back in.

Not upset with you, hon! It's just the whole situation in general. Despite setting myself up to get what I think will be a good score this round, I look at the top three teams and am realizing that I'm going to have to put A LOT more time into this round than the last two, and I already sacrificed sleep to squeeze out the scores I got. Also, the life events of the last four days have left me feeling a bit less prepared mentally, right at the time where I now have to step up my game to a level I didn't expect given the original team makeup.

On top of that, I didn't realize until this tournament started (this being my first tourney) that my favorite types of games - hell, the only types of games I play - suck donkey balls for quick scoring. :biglaugh Open-world RPGs and other open-world (shooters?) games like Saints Row just aren't conducive to this type of contest. On RPGs I obsess over builds. In games like Saints Row, I get so caught up in customizing the shit out of everything that I'll spend hours not actually progressing in missions. Yes, my adhd not only affects my ability to focus on playing the games, it fucks with my ability to focus IN-game as well.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good see a sticky situation has been handled quickly, but I kind of agree with Lav on that it should've been the random generator to pick the replacement. Now we have the two highest scoring players of round 2 in a single team which is anything but fair, on the other hand I guess it's not a real for the rest of us but really I am just stating how I feel. If it was Dirty who was picked through the random.org then fair enough otherwise :L

I honestly don't see why everyone is getting uptight about the whole thing. You first want to say that Dirty deserved a better team in Round 2 and praise him, and then complain that the CET's decision wasn't fair? :confused:

In all of the tournaments that I've been in, the CET has always been fair and considered ALL options before following through and making a final decision. Dirty had the option to decline and he didn't. Not to mention none of us know what happens behind closed doors and what options were considered. There is a lot of thought and discussion with the staff before anything is decided.

Anyway, good luck to everyone and have fun! :)

It's a long wait to Wednesday, and I have a feeling the final round will involve completions in which case we're all stuffed..or at least me. :p

I'll be stuffed for other reasons, going back to work during that week so gonna miss alot of gaming time, and getting tatted on thursday, wont be gaming much then probably

Edit: Wow my bad, had the dates all wrong. Going back to work on the monday after the final is over

Edited by Obsolete XBA

I'll be stuffed for other reasons, going back to work during that week so gonna miss alot of gaming time, and getting tatted on thursday, wont be gaming much then probably

Edit: Wow my bad, had the dates all wrong. Going back to work on the monday after the final is over

Well lucky you. :p I am working Mon to Fri so I will only have Saturday and a couple hours each evening to perform. :/

Na, definitely doubt it, with only 4 days I doubt many people will have many completions.

Unless you go out of your way and play all the <5 hr games each night. Sucks because I've done a handful of them and I don't care to play the rest. Hopefully it's achievements with not so harsh restrictions in round 4.

Well lucky you. :p I am working Mon to Fri so I will only have Saturday and a couple hours each evening to perform. :/

Unless you go out of your way and play all the <5 hr games each night. Sucks because I've done a handful of them and I don't care to play the rest. Hopefully it's achievements with not so harsh restrictions in round 4.

We'll have to see I guess, if it's achievements again I'll laugh man, not much diversity lol.

So, a few things before I post the final round's scoring mechanism. It was Grifter's idea. Fully Grifter's idea. Blame him. I understand he responds well to irritated PMs. :p

Second, I think I said that there was going to be a change to the 50/50 draw. I lied. If you read the rules, it's the top eliminated scorer from each round. Nothing really needed to be changed. So, who will draw back in? Who will random.org choose? Check the OP to find out when the soring mechanism is posted.

Finally, I shouldn't need to remind everyone as much as I have but PLAY NICE. So far, we've only had 2 weeks of competition, and already I've had more drama than any other tournament I've been involved with. It might be trash talk, it might be people being a bit too competitive, either way, PLAY NICE, have fun and it's almost over.