Crown of the Sunken King thoughts

Brengun

Apologies if there is already a thread for this, I just wanted to get some views on the new DLC (spoiler free if possible).

For me I have found it really enjoyable so far, it is also possibly one of the hardest areas in the whole game (which I really like). Never have I spent so much time looking for a bonfire! I know there are shortcuts but making the bonfires hidden certainly added to the level design.

And the level design is really good in my opinion, lots of ledges which I have rolled off quite a few times, some very claustrophobic ares as well which make the first trip through very tentative - basically everything a souls game should be.

I'm not yet at the last boss (but I can guess who its going to be), but so far for the design and enemies I'd score it a solid 8 out of 10. What do you guys think?

I really enjoyed it, the puzzles were a welcome addition to series IMO. There are still 2 bonfires that I need to find, and a few areas that I need to explore. The last boss was quite challenging, took me a good 10 minutes to kill.

Did you examine Vendrick's armour in the Undead Crypt? I would suggest doing this if you haven't...

I really enjoyed it, the puzzles were a welcome addition to series IMO. There are still 2 bonfires that I need to find, and a few areas that I need to explore. The last boss was quite challenging, took me a good 10 minutes to kill.

Did you examine Vendrick's armour in the Undead Crypt? I would suggest doing this if you haven't...

Spoilers!!!!

Just messin :)

Cool, so I should keep my eye out for a door too!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Worst piece of DLC I have played in years. They tool everything bad about this series (nonstaggering enemies, poison, petrification, constant danger of falling) and threw it all into one package. Horrible. Cave of the Dead boss is the cheapest shit in the entire series.

I can practically smell the butthurt :p

I really enjoyed this one!

Looking forward to part two this week!