Deadpool (2016)

Darth VeX

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't we all agree that the promotion team deserves a raise?

http://www.joblo.com/posters/images/full/deadpool_love_banner.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/6063/4935334-dpposter.jpg

http://static.srcdn.com/slir/w517-h755-q90-c517:755/wp-content/uploads/deadpool-movie-poster-valentines.jpg

http://images.youthhealthmag.com/data/images/full/24091/deadpool.jpg

I can't wait to see this movie!!!!! :francis: :francis: :francis:

I'm a huge Deadpool fan, so I'm looking forward to see this come out; it looks like it is going to be good from what I've seen. :) Our theater is giving people the options to buy their tickets in advance, so my friend and I bought our tickets as soon as we got the email that the advanced tickets were on sale. :p February 11th can't come soon enough! :dance:

This movie is either going to be fantastic, and fans will love it, or it is going to bomb something shocking because its not quite right, and fans will hate it. This is going to be a marmite/vegemite situation I think.

If it lives up to the trailers and releases it is going to be great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfHEEc2ZduI

The Green Lantern dig they tossed in there is such a gem hahah

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else gotten a chance to see this or plan on seeing it soon? I got to see this on Thursday and absolutely loved it! :dance: It was hilarious, and Ryan Renolds was the perfect Deadpool! Also, this movie had the best opening credits that I have ever seen. :p I am going to end up watching this at least one more time in theaters; I need more Deadpool! :francis: :francis: :francis:

Has anyone else gotten a chance to see this or plan on seeing it soon? I got to see this on Thursday and absolutely loved it! :dance: It was hilarious, and Ryan Renolds was the perfect Deadpool! Also, this movie had the best opening credits that I have ever seen. :p I am going to end up watching this at least one more time in theaters; I need more Deadpool! :francis: :francis: :francis:

I saw it yesterday and loved it. Great mix of comedy and action.

I mentioned to Mike in another thread that I loved the opening credits and he mentioned how it was one of the few movies he wants to see in theaters again. So we are all on the same page.

I saw it yesterday and loved it. Great mix of comedy and action.

I mentioned to Mike in another thread that I loved the opening credits and he mentioned how it was one of the few movies he wants to see in theaters again. So we are all on the same page.

I absolutely loved it too! I agree, the mix of comedy and action is done really well! :) Those opening credits were amazing, and I know I will be seeing it again since I want to go see it with Doug in VIP, which is probably the best way to watch a movie: huge comfy chairs, no kids, and food and alcohol delivered to your seat. :p I may end up trying to see it again after that too...I may have a Deadpool problem. :p

Just watched it a few hours ago. Pretty great movie, and easily in my top 3 "superhero" movies imo. Action was great, comedy was great, and Ryan Reynolds just did an amazing job as Deadpool. Only problem I somewhat had, is that it was more of an origin story than I figured it'd be. Oh well, can't really complain when it's his first movie, so I'm pretty hyped for the 2nd one.

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of box office records, it was announced today that Deadpool crossed the $700 million mark worldwide. Not bad for an R-rated film!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/367791-deadpool-crosses-the-700-million-mark-worldwide#/slide/1

Nothing more to say. I loved it and I hope this will open the door to more rated R Marvel films (I'm looking at you Punisher Warzone).

Perhaps Wolverine 3, hopefully Old Man Logan, will follow suit and be just as good as a rated R title.

I definitely think the success of DP over the last month has made other studios rethink the possibility of exploring other comic book franchises for R-rated films. I don't think they'll do one for Wolverine just because of how heavily tied to the X-Men franchise he is, and how that series has been mainly a PG series.

A friend of mine brought up the idea of an X-Force film, which makes sense as an R-rated film since they're basically the hit men of the X-Men who do things that the X-Men wouldn't normally do such as assassinating targets deemed to dangerous to be let alive. Deadpool himself was a member of the team in the Uncanny X-Force series, so it makes sense for him to be in that film as a key member.

Oh and I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet that Stan Lee probably had his best cameo appearance in a Marvel film in Deadpool haha.

Can't wait for the sequel! Hopefully they find the best actor for Cable.

• 2 weeks later...
Watched it a second time now and it was definitely more enjoyable than the first time. RR is too funny!

I found it more enjoyable too since I picked up on some things I didn't even notice the first time, and appreciated some of the things I noticed the first time more. :)

Also, DVD is coming out on May 10th! :francis: Only have to wait about one more month!

DVD comes out May 10th?! This is great news! I expected it to be a much longer time before it hit shelves!

Yep! :D I'm shocked it is coming out that soon, but I am definitely happy it is; it's a pleasant surprise! :francis: I haven't heard anything about a collector's edition of any sort, but if there isn't one, I'm fine with getting the standard one. :p Deadpool! Deadpool! Deadpool! :francis::francis::francis:

• 3 weeks later...