How often do you clean your controllor?

Dirty130

How often do you clean your controller?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you clean your controller?

• Every morning after breakfast and twice on Sundays. With a toothbrush and magnify glass.
    • Err.. Maybe once a week.
    • Um.. When it needs it.
    • Clean my controller?? Why would I do that?
    • Ha! I've never cleaned anything in my life! Oh, look a donut!
    • Wait, what? I was playing Dark Souls with a grubby controller..

Those pictures make me wince. :(

I agree with Jedi, I had trouble looking at those pics. I don't clean my controller because I can't stand stuff on my hands so I always wash them before I pick up the controller. There's even been times when I've had to pause the game and go and wash my hands because they feel dirty:p

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rarely have to clean my controllers, they usually break down before they get dirty enough to warrant cleaning. I don't like having dirty hands ever so I clean them quite often throughout the day anyway. I actually clean my console far more often than my controllers.

2005? Damn, that's impressive! I've probably purchased 10+ controllers since 2005. :o

I only five working ones currently. It's amazing they've lasted as long as they have. My newer ones definitely work better, but I wouldn't consider any of them to be worn out (except for thumbsticks, but those are easy to change).

I only five working ones currently. It's amazing they've lasted as long as they have. My newer ones definitely work better, but I wouldn't consider any of them to be worn out (except for thumbsticks, but those are easy to change).

Yeah, I don't know how some people blitz through controllers. I still use my first two from '06 (Halo artwork is my fav), bar new thumbsticks that I changed.

I'm always washing my hands so my controller never gets visibly dirty, but every couple of days when I'm cleaning, I'll finish with grabbing one or two Lysol wipes and I go around wiping things down like the door knobs, light switches, faucets, fridge handles, microwave buttons, etc. And I always include the controllers too. It keeps them clean and also removes any oils they might hold from your hands, so your controller always has a good, dry grip to it. :p

My hands are always clean when I play, but after a while there is some grime build up. I clean the stuff on the triggers and bumpers when it becomes noticeable, and a half assed cleaning of the cracks every so often. Every couple months or so I take the controller apart and do a proper cleaning.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't think I've ever taken apart a controller and cleaned it ever since I've started gaming! I'd be too afraid of wrecking it! Not sure why you would really. Maybe wipe them down when I'm dusting occasionally, but I keep my hands clean before I start playing to avoid gumming them up in the first place. Preventative maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I usually lay ground rules that prevent the necessity of cleaning my controllers. When I have people over pizza is usually involved so I tell them to make sure they clean their hands thoroughly before grabbing a controller, and I do make sure to do the same. The only one I'm really paranoid about anyway is my white R2-D2 XB1 wired controller, but its still spotless other than the thumb pads :p