Batman Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition error

psychofox

Hi Guys,

I bought this from amazon (brand new, still in wrapper). The game installed fine, but when I try to put in the CD-key it tells me that:

"The product key you provided is not valid for this game. please enter a valid product key for your game."

As far as I know it is valid, triple checked it, deleted it, re-entered it, etc.

Could this be a printing error on the back of the instruction booklet?

Any one know how I can fix this?

I have registered two other GfWL games after the supposed 'shut down' with not problems.

Cheers for any help/advice.

It might be a printing error. Sometimes 2 can look like Z have you tried swapping digits like that around?

If that fails then your best bet would to chat with Microsoft. Or contact Amazon and see what they say.

Cheers for the reply.

There doesn't seem to be any digits that 'look' like any other i.e. 'o' and '0'. I contacted MS, they said there isn't much they can do, couldn't even tell me if the code had been used of not, kept telling me to refer to the instructions. I contacted WB, they said that they couldn't give me another code as they no longer use GfwL and I should use a steam version instead. I don't want to as I know the achievements are still attainable :(

What are the chances of Amazon exchanging it for me?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Most GFWL CD-keys are universal.

So in the future if you encounter a key problem, just try using a key from another GFWL game you own.

This is actually wrong.

Only up until a certain point were they universal. After they added SSA and ZDP the codes weren't universal.

This game in proticular has a specific cd key required for it to be used properly on gfwl.

Not true. I used my AA key on my AA: GOTY and it activated just fine.

This is actually wrong.

Only up until a certain point were they universal. After they added SSA and ZDP the codes weren't universal.

It's about 50-50 on the activation method (source).