I like the sparrow racing.. but only 2 maps? and it says things like "during the SRL event" is this like the iron banner? so it's only here for a week and then gone? come on!

SRL is around for 3 weeks, till December 29th.

But those microtransactions are going to pay for all the free DLC in 2016... oh wait.

Bungie never said that, the community assumed that. Microtranactions fund the live team which bring these free events.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you can pay to boost yourself up to 25: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-gets-30-level-boost-microtransaction/1100-6433121/

...for $30.

I am sure this is only the start of being able to pay for non-cosmetic things in Destiny.

Edited by xhunterrrr

Even better is that this insta-25 also completely maxes your subclass. Where are the Destiny defenders to defend this bullshit that they claimed would never happen?

I'm sure the argument will be "This is an MMO and other MMOs do this!" Except Bungie doesn't want you calling their game an MMO, but whatever. I'm sure we will be seeing non-cosmetic items for sale soon enough.

Edited by xhunterrrr

Even better is that this insta-25 also completely maxes your subclass. Where are the Destiny defenders to defend this bullshit that they claimed would never happen?

I'm sure the argument will be "This is an MMO and other MMOs do this!" Except Bungie doesn't want you calling their game an MMO, but whatever. I'm sure we will be seeing non-cosmetic items for sale soon enough.

I was never fooled by them saying that before and won't be surprised. Destiny 2 sure has been given low expectations from most of its fan base. I won't fall for it.

Oh yes so dead lol :rolleyes:

I use this forum as an example, no new posts in almost 12-13 days in the taken King and no new replies to any threads in the main forum for 8 days and almost a week before that. Not even a single post about challenge mode.

I'd say the newer games killed Grind-Festiny.

Cue the apologists.

• 4 weeks later...
servers down right now? game won't connect at all.. it downloaded a small patch then just sits at a loading screen.. then says it's been disconnected

I heard this game was absolutely broken in every way the other day, maybe this is just more brokenness before they fix it.

It's what happens when you go silent and don't do maintenance for a month, the fragile code just implodes.

• 1 month later...

Latest weekly update from Bungie: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44372/7_This-Week-At-Bungie---02182016

The main topic: they are building a small Twitch studio so they can do weekly streams. People are asking for more content, improvements, etc. And Bungie is spending their time putting together a studio to Twitch stream to us...really?!!?!?!? I don't ever remember reading in any forum that people wanted this in any way.

L.O. F-ing. L.

• 1 year later...

So, did us Xbox players finally get the exclusive PS4 content that we're waiting for since The Taken King? If not, then that's my rant for the day.

Timed exclusives in general is the worst decision to be made. Who's gonna buy a different console for about 400 bucks plus the game and in this case have to start over with new characters, just to play the content earlier?

Let alone that we were (or still are) waiting for 1 1/2 years already.

Meh while the whole thing of the exclusivity is pretty crappy. I'm not too mad about it since the PS exclusives aren't anything to write home about. I can live without a few crappy weapons and PvP maps.

Now if the exclusive was how The Division handled it, that'd be a different story.

Couple strikes, too.

• 3 weeks later...

My main issue is the price. £28 for the game, £40 for the first two expansions.

Then TTK actually REMOVED content we already owned (Trials, Iron Banner and Crucible gamemodes) and forced us to pay £40, the price of a brand-new game, for a few hours worth of content. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but the story takes an hour, Strikes another hour, the Raid will take several hours, and other quests about 2 or 3 hours. None of the quests are any good, they're just boring "kill enemies" quests. It's stupid. Then RoI came along. These expansions are priced stupidly high. Cut the price in half and you get the actual value of the DLC. To make matters worse, anyone who bought the game and all the DLC day one spent £150 on it while those who picked up the collection got the game and all the DLC for £40. Ridiculous. And the "Expansion Pass" reduced the price of the two worst expansions by £5, and didn't get you TTK or RoI. It wasn't an Expansion Pass. It was misleading. Calling it an Expansion Pass strongly implies you get all the content with the pass, and that's not the case.

My main issue is the price. £28 for the game, £40 for the first two expansions.

Then TTK actually REMOVED content we already owned (Trials, Iron Banner and Crucible gamemodes) and forced us to pay £40, the price of a brand-new game, for a few hours worth of content. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but the story takes an hour, Strikes another hour, the Raid will take several hours, and other quests about 2 or 3 hours. None of the quests are any good, they're just boring "kill enemies" quests. It's stupid. Then RoI came along. These expansions are priced stupidly high. Cut the price in half and you get the actual value of the DLC. To make matters worse, anyone who bought the game and all the DLC day one spent £150 on it while those who picked up the collection got the game and all the DLC for £40. Ridiculous. And the "Expansion Pass" reduced the price of the two worst expansions by £5, and didn't get you TTK or RoI. It wasn't an Expansion Pass. It was misleading. Calling it an Expansion Pass strongly implies you get all the content with the pass, and that's not the case.

Trials and Iron Banner were never removed from the game with any new expansion after House of Wolves...

Because it was an end-game activity that gave gear at the updated light levels.

I'm not convinced. They also blocked the Level cap so that you couldn't get max level unless you bought the DLC, which for the astonishingly high price didn't give you much actual content, they just stuck a lot of the game behind a paywall.

They also removed the Crucible. All the modes were behind a paywall, and nobody would go into the 3 modes that were in the vanilla game, instead playing in the 5 or 6 gamemodes you got in TTK. As a result, you had fewer gamemodes than before and much less players to play with.

Also, events like SRL were limited to those who had bought the DLC? Why? No reason, other than the fact that they wanted to give people more incentive to buy the DLC.

And the Expansion Pass was still misleading.

As a final point, Destiny's DLC system might be similar to an MMO, but paid MMOs with very expensive DLC and no season pass don't work. Paid MMOs with DLC don't work on console, because we've bought the game, so why do we have to spend a fortune on the DLC?

Edited by Deathly General