Tabletop Gamers?

The Pants Party

So my friends and I recently got into tabletop games. My one friend has been huge into D&D his whole life, but none of us ever wanted to do it. He finally convinced us to try Dominion and we were hooked from there. We now own dozens of games between us.

I've recently backed the Kickstarter campaigns of Divorce!, Pixel Guardians, Vye, and Of Dungeons Deep! I also backed the digital version of Boss Monster, and I pledged one of the higher tiers to get the physical game.

So I guess technically I don't own any games yet, since Boss Monster still hasn't shipped and the rest won't launch until next year. We did put together a huge order rollforcrit.com and I have Thunderstone Advance starter set on the way though.

Anyway, who else plays these types of games? What are your favorites? I really do enjoy Dominion, Forbidden Island/Desert, Loot!, For Sale, Race for the Galaxy, Seven Wonders, etc.

My brother and I are into tabletop a little (check out the Wheaton show on Geek and Sundry).

We are more into D&D and its derivitives. We had a nice campaign going in D&D with a zombie apocalypse storyline but between some personal stuff for us and some issues for the other party members we havent actually had a session since June. We started a Mutants and Masterminds campaign (think D&D with Marvel/DC characters) but only did like one session.

You should check out Red Dragon Inn and Munchkin. You and the family would love Munchkin.

You should check out Red Dragon Inn and Munchkin. You and the family would love Munchkin.

RDI looks pretty great, I'll add it to my wishlist. Munckin is a riot, but that always takes forever. We all just end up blocking everyone else from getting their final kill and it drags on and on and on. :p

I would love to see digital adaptations of Seven Wonders, Boss Monster, and Arkham Horror. Digital versions of these tabletop games make for a smoother experience when you don't need someone auditing the rules of each round.

Yeah, the Dominion browser app is nice for not having to worry about how many buys or actions you have. Ascension app is good as well. I backed the Boss Monster digital Kickstarter, so I'll get that app when it gets released in January.

RDI looks pretty great, I'll add it to my wishlist. Munckin is a riot, but that always takes forever. We all just end up blocking everyone else from getting their final kill and it drags on and on and on. :p

Yeah, the Dominion browser app is nice for not having to worry about how many buys or actions you have. Ascension app is good as well. I backed the Boss Monster digital Kickstarter, so I'll get that app when it gets released in January.

Red Dragon Inn is best played when drinking games are involved. If done properly there should be mass amounts of vomit.

• 2 months later...

Funny, but what's got me back into tabletop is mobile gaming! I used to play quite a loat with my brother and cousins back when there wasn't such an onslaught of timekillers at our disposal, but moved on to other things in high school. Then I came across some adapted tabletop apps and some weeks ago... and now hardly play anything else on my phone! Gotta invite friends to join me, like in good old times.

I've recently, along with a few friends, have gotten pretty into D&D. We meet every Sunday and play until at least 4 in the morning every time. I've always given D&D and the people that play it a hard time until I played it for the first time and I was hooked. Now I can't get enough of it :)

• 1 year later...

Pants, you should check out the card game Superfight. It can get really creative and fun. It even has an anime booster pack. We take out the DBZ cards before playing with that pack. It's really hard for anyone to make a good argument against Goku or Vegeta. Or anyone with all the dragon balls.

My friends and I (and wife) play table top games about once a month (always something different) The ones we like though, are forbidden desert, Sheriff of Nottingham, Super Fight, and Exploding Kittens (Exploding kittens is really freaking awesome imo) Id like to play Dead of winter next

Honestly, I found Exploding Kittens extremely boring and elementary, aside from the hilarious pictures on the cards. You play it once, you've played it a hundred times.

It's the Settlers of Catan of card games.

Pants, you should check out the card game Superfight. It can get really creative and fun. It even has an anime booster pack. We take out the DBZ cards before playing with that pack. It's really hard for anyone to make a good argument against Goku or Vegeta. Or anyone with all the dragon balls.

Ugh, we tried Story Wars once (same premise) and I HATED it. It's all so subjective upon who has the best imagination, and the referee always seems either too indecisive or way quelled too much of the imagination. Also my buddy's wife was super drunk and made no sense most of the time, so arguing with her was impossible.

I prefer games with set rules so there isn't any fight about who won and how.

Ugh, we tried Story Wars once (same premise) and I HATED it. It's all so subjective upon who has the best imagination, and the referee always seems either too indecisive or way quelled too much of the imagination. Also my buddy's wife was super drunk and made no sense most of the time, so arguing with her was impossible.

I prefer games with set rules so there isn't any fight about who won and how.

Yeah, it really helps to have a reasonable group. Imagine playing it with Jakez...

• 1 month later...