The "One Run" Guide

Neverender

Please don't think of this as foolproof until other people post saying it worked for them as-is. I am 100% human and am prone to mistakes, just as anyone else. On a related note, if I list something incorrectly (wrong order, location, etc.) please let me know.

For 100% you need:

• 4/5 Sabot Maker steps
  • 16/16 books read
  • 33/33 intuitions
  • 16/16 events

A few suggestions/tips:

• Save before you enter any room. This significantly helps mitigate the risk of missing something and provides a failsafe if you die.
  • Turn down your input sensitivity. Glancing over mannequins quickly reduces your sanity and helps get you killed.
  • Two achievements I don't explicitly cover are Sherlock and Straight to the End. Those are related to game dynamics. Check your settings for Straight to the End, and if you don't have Sherlock at the end, keep examining items in your inventory until it pops.
  • This is not a walkthrough. I try to spoil as little as possible about the game and leave as much up to you as the player as I can. If you truly want a walkthrough, one can be found here based on the PC version of the game, which is identical.

Format: Location, Ending, Other Missable Achievement

Only endings related to achievements are referenced.

The Guide

Outside

Intuition (1/33) - Maple Leaves (1): Examine the maple leaves near the pile of stones.

Book (1/16) - Notebook: Read your notebook.

Missable Achievement: Get into the sawmill in under five minutes. May take some practice.

Main Area (Pt. 1)

Event (1/16) - A mannequin will catch on fire near the stove.

Event (2/16) - There will be a puff of dust, when it reaches you the screen will flash white. If the screen flashes white and you don't see it, it still counts.

Event (3/16) - There will be fast footsteps, walk over to the storeroom door for more dust puffs and to cease the footsteps.Book (2/16) - Lucien and Margharita: On the chair by the door to the stockroom and workshop.

Book (3/16) - About Seals and Their Usage: On the ground by the old saw, underneath many decrepit boards that you'll have to move aside.

Sabot Maker's Way (1/5) - Curious: Read Lucien & Margharita.

Workshop (Pt. 1)

Event (4/16) - Mannequins worshiping the wall.

Book (4/16) - Alchemy and Thaumaturgy: In the work table drawer.

Book (5/16) - Far Away & Nearby Fairytales - On a shelf to the right of the work table

Main Area (Pt. 2)

Intuition (2/33) - Woods: Stab yourself with the incandescent ritual dagger in the puddle room.

Missable Achievement: You need to solve the leaf puzzle correctly on your first attempt.

Intuition (3/33) - Stake: Correctly place the black leaf.

Intuition (4/33) - Anna Doesn't Want That: Solve the leaf puzzle.

Alternative Ending: Run through the door in the back of the storeroom as soon as you light up the room. See note 3 below.

Intuition (5/33) - Wedding Ring: Remove the wedding ring from the mannequin in the storeroom with your folding knife.

Intuition (6/33) - Name on the Wedding Ring: Examine the wedding ring when it's in your inventory.

Attic (Pt. 1)

Alternative Ending: Run through the door on the opposite side of the room from the wardrobe, on the same side as the symbol on the wall.

Event (5/16) - You'll hear breathing behind you. Turn around to see the floating mask drop.

Event (6/16) - There will be a pile of rocks between the symbol on the wall and the exit. Once observed, arms will come out of it.

Book (6/16) - Rituals of Our Lady: As you enter the attic, check the small table behind you.

Book (7/16) - About Masks: In the wardrobe at the back of the room.

Intuition (7/33) - Statue: Will be added automatically as you walk around in the room.

Living Quarters (Pt. 1)

Event (7/16) - There will be an odd scream-like sound, then some funny business will happen in the room with Book 8 once you enter.

Event (8/16) - You'll hear buzzing noises. Go back to the door you came in from and turn left. Walk towards the creature and go along with the sequence.

Event (9/16) - Stand by the fireplace for a while, the attic will go up in flames for a bit before you snap out of it.

Book (8/16) - Of Love and Connected Rituals: In the room beside the chained wardrobe on the bed.

Book (9/16) - Letter: On the table in the room with the fireplace.

Intuition (8/33) - Homicidal Sabot Maker?: Examine the Letter once it's in your inventory.

Intuition (9/33) - Maple Leaves (2): Examine the maple leaves by the crib in same room as above.

Book (10/16) - The Invisible World: On a shelf in the bedroom you unlock.

Book (11/16) - The Beauty She Shines Of: In a trunk at the foot of the bed in the same room as above.

Intuition (10-11/33) - Copper Age & Hate Towards Anna - Read The Beauty She Shines Of.

Intuition (12/33) - Me as the Sabot Maker: Use the Mask of the Assassin in the same room as above.

Main Area (Pt. 3)

Event (10/16) - You'll be surrounded by black shadows and then a white flash will occur. See note 1a below.

Event (11/16) - The stove will spit out some limbs and fire.

Event (12/16) - There will be some odd-looking pillars with light between them. Approach them when they appear.

Event (13/16) - You'll hear noises from beyond the storeroom door. Open it and walk into the bush with arms.

Event (14/16) - Writing will appear to the right of the door to the puddle room. Watch it until it says "I won't save you again."

Intuition (13/33) - Black Figure: Examine the front door.

Book (12/16) - History of Pagan Religions: On a shelf in the storeroom.

Attic (Pt. 2)

Intuition (14/33) - Reflection: Put the basin on the hooks below the mirror, then put the child's hair, oil, and leaves into it before lighting it with the lighter.

Workshop (Pt. 2)

Event (15/16) - Wear the mask of truth, strange faces will emerge from the walls.

Temple

Event (16/16) - Chains will descend from above and hang you. You'll snap out of the illusion.

Book (13/16) - Priest's Letter: In the far left corner from where you walk in.

Book (14/16) - Legends: On a bench beside the altar.

Intuition (15/33) - Priest's Letter: Read the Priest's Letter.

Intuition (16/33) - Sculptor's Tale: Read the Legends book.

Intuition (17/33) - Maple Leaves (3): Examine the maple leaves on the ground beside the altar.

Sabot Maker's Way (2/5) - Prayer: Walk up to the altar and hit :abut:.

Attic (Pt. 3)

Intuition (18/33) - Threatened: Use Black Dress and Mask on the chair.

Living Quarters (Pt. 2)

Sabot Maker's Way (3/5) - Alone: Go into the second bedroom and lock the door with the second key.

Sabot Maker's Way (4/5) - Through: Use Anna's Key on the door on the wall.

Grotto

Alternative Ending: Put on the Goddess's Mask.

Book (15/16) - Contract: Amidst candles on the ground when you come to a fork in the tunnel.

Book (16/16) - Newspaper Page: In the candle field before the statue. This is kind of hard to see, but it's in the middle row. Presssing the button for autofocus might help.

Intuitions (19-33/33): Combine intuitions - see note 2 below.

Additional Notes

Note 1: Events are finicky. They can occur at any point you're in a room. Some of them are in multiple room parts (but not all, which is why I've labeled them under the rooms that I have). You can't spawn or control them. For the most part, you're going to have to just sit around and wait for them. If it's taking a long time for one to appear and all of the rest have appeared in the room, you may need to reload a save and re-enter the room. For reference, the longest I had to wait for one was ~15 minutes, but I reloaded instead a few times. To check whether you've gotten an event, you can save, go through one of the exit doors, and view the stats afterward to compare your total with what you should have or thought you had.

Note 1a: This event is particularly finicky. It seems to take the longest to appear, and doesn't always appear how it should. If you got a flash of white light at this point not related to the other events, it's safe to say you got this one.

Note 2: You can combine intuitions just like items, but by using :lt: instead of :rt:. Intuitions 19-33 must be obtained this way. Note that the number of intuitions you get is the only factor between "The Truth" ending and "The Whole Truth" ending. I believe "The Whole Truth" will earn you the Anna, my love achievement, but I can't confirm that. On the other hand, "The Whole Truth" is required for That's all folks!. Save and reload accordingly.

All of the intuition combinations are:

• (19) Cradles and Tomb: Maple Leaves (1) + Maple Leaves (2)
  • (20) Anna and the Tomb: Cradles and Tomb + Maple Leaves (3)
  • (21) The Dark Me: Black Figure + Reflection
  • (22) It Wants Me to Stay: Black Figure + Anna Doesn't Want That
  • (23) Am I a Murderer?: Homicidal Sabot Maker? + Me as the Sabot Maker
  • (24) I Want to Stay: The Dark Me + It Wants Me to Stay
  • (25) I Removed It: I Want to Stay + Am I a Murderer?
  • (26) Married: Name on the Ring + I Want to Stay
  • (27) What Does It Mean?: Wedding Ring + Married
  • (28) Medieval: Threatening + Hate Towards Anna
  • (29) Thousands of Years: Copper Age + Medieval
  • (30) Letters and Storybook: Priest's Letter + Sculptor's Tale
  • (31) Encounter in the Woods: Sculptor's Tale + Woods
  • (32) The Statue and I: Sculptor's Tale + Statue
  • (33) Paintings in the Niches: Hate Towards Anna + Stake

Note 3: The storeroom door disappears when the house transforms with the red light. The red light event is random and can happen before the door appears. If this happens, you'll need to start a new game and try again for the achievement.

Edited by Neverender