Level 25 Rune is dumb

Had two guys kill me over 10 times so that they could get their power level to 20. Then killed other war chiefs so that they got promoted and then did the missions to kill both dudes and I kill them and they both drop an epic rune. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Made sure I met all the requirements for the 25 to drop but no luck. Guess I'll do it all over again since I can't back up my save

Had two guys kill me over 10 times so that they could get their power level to 20. Then killed other war chiefs so that they got promoted and then did the missions to kill both dudes and I kill them and they both drop an epic rune. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Made sure I met all the requirements for the 25 to drop but no luck. Guess I'll do it all over again since I can't back up my save

I found that branding some other captains and making them the warchiefs body guards (more the better), getting one of them to betray the warchief so you get the betrayal mission marker. (this is easier then going into the camps to get them to appear as he'll be on his own against all his branded bodyguards)

Then once you exploit the warchiefs fear and he tries to run away, grab him and keep throwing him towards the branded body guards and the most important thing is let one of the body guards finish him off.

Did the trick for me first time :)

Level 20 Warchief - fear of burning (fire arrow)

Warchief +2

Fear/Hate Exploited +1

Vengeance +1

Knowing Weakness +1

it did take a lot of hard work & luck to find a warchief suitable but hope this helps

Edited by romanzad

Did the trick for me first time :)

Level 20 Warchief - fear of burning (fire arrow)

Warchief +2

Fear/Hate Exploited +1

Vengeance +1

Knowing Weakness +1

it did take a lot of hard work & luck to find a warchief suitable but hope this helps

I've tried this seven times now, and the time spent on doing it is close to 3-4 hours.

Only achievement I'm missing and I don't think I want to waste one more minute just to get 10G, it sucks, but getting 100% ain't that important to me...

tired this once with a big guy level 20 had two guards under my control but he spawned in a castle with heaps of guys in there so I had a hard time trying to kill him lost the two guys and the big guy killed me I was out numbered and cant try again tonight.

Just brand a bodyguard and get him to betray the warchief - will open up a new mission marker and the warchief will be all on his own

Branded bodyguard killing the war chief just worked for me as well!

Big thanks to whoever figured that out - I literally have spent the last 3-4 hours farming war chief kills under all the right circumstances to get nothing but epic rune after epic rune, completely stupid to have a luck based achievement like this in my opinion, but thankfully it's now out of the way.

Thanks again!

Level 25 favor of the lady rune obtained.

Note....each body guard branded seems to have its own bonus....so make sure you infiltrate TWO branded bodyguards in his ranks before you set up the betrayal...make sure he is a revenge target AND BEFORE THAT make sure to issue a death threat or the game won't let you.... then at best keep using stuns on him or pinning elf shots after you took care of the mob so the bodyguards can finish him off.

With this new rune and some of my other ones each flurry kill instantly makes me regain all my focus ( or 80% of it) and 25% health. Each drain or brand makes me recover some 30% health and focus AND elfshots. Each captain kill restores all elf shots focus and health

Come on monolith give me expansions NOW

Edited by crimzontearz

Branded bodyguard betrayal is definitely the way to go, you don't even have to exploit his fear / hate if you do a death threat, as long as the bodyguards kill him he drops a normal rune.

Same with the +1 for exploiting weakness, I thought that meant you had to do like a combat finisher on him, but really it's just knowing intel on him so it's even easier.

I got a twenty four level rune on the last mission where you fight the 5 hands. was surprised it was so high. I have YET to get an epic rune for my bow and have all epics for my other two. I will try the other suggestions. Now If I could just kill the stupid bezerker on fire!!! Doing my head in.

Find a campfire With one berserker near it....use focus to bow kill anyone but the berserker. When the berserker runs to you use stun to make jim stumble into the fire and immediately perform execution....

I got a twenty four level rune on the last mission where you fight the 5 hands. was surprised it was so high. I have YET to get an epic rune for my bow and have all epics for my other two. I will try the other suggestions. Now If I could just kill the stupid bezerker on fire!!! Doing my head in.

If you have unlocked the fire arrow and both perks that allow you to do two back to back executions and only 4 hits before giving you an execution then, get your hit counter up so you have an execution available, then use a fire arrow on a bezerker, he has to bw pretty close to you and then execute him straight after you've hit him with the fire arrow

If you have unlocked the fire arrow and both perks that allow you to do two back to back executions and only 4 hits before giving you an execution then, get your hit counter up so you have an execution available, then use a fire arrow on a bezerker, he has to bw pretty close to you and then execute him straight after you've hit him with the fire arrow

yes I have all those unlocked. DUMB question about activating that stuff. Do you push both stick down towards the bottom of the controller or Push them into the controller?? Have yet to get it to activate.

yes I have all those unlocked. DUMB question about activating that stuff. Do you push both stick down towards the bottom of the controller or Push them into the controller?? Have yet to get it to activate.

As long as the bars are full, then you activate by pushing the sticks INTO the controller (commonly known as the L3 & R3 buttons).

Thanks for the tips, I just got this myself after having to delete my 100% game save because the "For my Brother" achievement glitched and didn't unlock! Most annoyingly that popped about an hour into starting the game again. /sigh... :(

Anyway, I thought I had messed the rune achievement up, as I mistakenly branded a bodyguard that I wanted to become Warchief after killing his master, as he was my revenge target. So, I summoned him, took my sword to his big green arse, and he dropped a level 25 rune!

I got:

+2 Warchief

+1 Vengeance

+1 Knowing Weakness

+1 Fear/Hate Exploited (I think, I didn't record a clip in time to be sure!)

Hope that helps someone else! I was ready to throw the towel in after having to delete my save and then think I'd messed up several hours work manipulating Warchiefs and Captains!

I've done it it three times, and keep getting epics.

Elite war chief level 20

+2 warchief

+1 knowing weakness

+1 vengeance

+1 exploiting weakness

I don't get whY I'm getting epics.

Fifth time lucky. Did exactly the same, so no idea.

Edited by Lavindathar

I did it twice and got it the second time what i realised fucks this ach up is the Fear/Hate Exploited +1, as not all warchiefs have a fear so before working on getting one to level 20 make sure to check his +1 Knowing Weakness and make sure one of the weakness's says fear of something (Explosions,Burning Caragors etc..).

Then when trying to kill the level 20 warchief you know if u have exploited his fear as he will be trying to run away if he is not then you will not get a level 25 rune.

Level 25 favor of the lady rune obtained.

Nice, I just got a crappy Level 25 Wind Rider (Favor of the Lady is my Favorite Rune)

Your thinking of the wrong ability. its just the Fire Arrow ability that lets you fire a single fire arrow when you have your special attack combo red.

Double Charge gives you two special attacks when you get your combo to 5.

Then its just a matter of getting close to the berserker and holding down :ltbut: to aim Your bow and and press :rbbut: to shoot a fire arrow at the berserker. Then :bbut:+:ybut: to Combat execute him.

That Said: For the three weapon powers you just push :ls:+:rs: into the controller, not point them down (as well as hold :ltbut: for Bow's special or :rtbut: for Invisibility)

Edited by SpinelesS

• 2 weeks later...

I am surprised that nobody mentioned you can use a branded warchief to get this.

Just make sure you let him kill you once before branding him to get the Vengeance point.

Everybody seems to focus so much on "Fear" and forgets about "Hate".

But I never try the betrayal method.

If that could ensure no epics, then that is definitely the way to go.

By the way, my Lv25 rune is 100% chance to recover full health on Hit Streak 30. Pretty sweet. (Forgot the name.)

Your thinking of the wrong ability. its just the Fire Arrow ability that lets you fire a single fire arrow when you have your special attack combo red.

Double Charge gives you two special attacks when you get your combo to 5.

Then its just a matter of getting close to the berserker and holding down :ltbut: to aim Your bow and and press :rbbut: to shoot a fire arrow at the berserker. Then :bbut:+:ybut: to Combat execute him.

Are you guys sure about that?

Because I tried that and it didn't work.

Could be just me.

Not true man, you also get a +1 for killing a warchief using his weakness.

So if it says, can be injured by combat executions , kill him using one and you get a +1.

Fear also works for a +1.

I am not so sure about this.

I have been doing this all day.

Killed at least 5+ warchiefs. Got a couple of epics.

But never seemed to see any +1 for killing with Vulnerability or Hint: Damaged.

I think that will only ensure you get certain type of runes.