Install issues.

Darkrenegade25

Okay. I put in my DLC codes and shit blah blah. Go to put the disc in try to install it and it says port to my usb i click yes and it goes back to pready to install. Can you guys help me im having a fit because of the laggyness on xbox plus stupid shit that never happened on 360. Please help.

Edited by Darkrenegade25

I did hear that the reason these games take so long to install was down to the change in design to the console... apparently its down to xbox dropping the always online rule they had in place when they announced the console.

I picked my white console up earlier today which came with the download code. It's been installing for the last three and a half hours (20mbps connection) and I'm at 50%.

I hope they can speed these installs up in the future!

Edited by DaleJ

Well to be fair, the 3.5 hours was just him downloading the game most likely since it was a download code that came with his bundle.

Yup. Goes without saying, I believe. Wait, was that actually the complaint? OP, you do know the difference between downloading and installing, right?

I picked my white console up earlier today which came with the download code. It's been installing for the last three and a half hours (20mbps connection) and I'm at 50%.

I hope they can speed these installs up in the future!

Good for you, I'm at 13% after ca. 8h of downloading. I thought the online stuff was that much better on X-Box? I'm used to somewhat faster downloads on PS. Had hoped to be playing Sunset Overdrive this weekend, guess not.

And here I was planning to go full digital with the One. (Besides, I hate how console bundles now come with download codes instead of retail copies and everyone seems to have accepted that willingly. Come on, when you get a new console, you want to play, not have it sit there for three days before you can start the game you got with it.)

Guys it said install on usb i click install and it just goes pack to ready to install. Do ya get me now?

Its not about downloading it or the install times. Its the glitch i just said above.

The code they give me is 0x80070070

Think i got a solution. Have atleast 20 or so GBs available and then put your new game on there when its done installing move it to the usb. GENIUS!!!! :D

Edited by Darkrenegade25

I let it download overnight and it was at 30% this morning, but still said "ready to start". So I started and now it's installing for a while ... does it still download? Shows the "Sunset Overdrive" logo and plays a song. "Installs ...", it says in the lower right.

Weird. Sorry if I sound dumb and that's all totally normal, I'm new to the One.

I let it download overnight and it was at 30% this morning, but still said "ready to start". So I started and now it's installing for a while ... does it still download? Shows the "Sunset Overdrive" logo and plays a song. "Installs ...", it says in the lower right.

Weird. Sorry if I sound dumb and that's all totally normal, I'm new to the One.

Yes, it is still downloading; games are able to be played once you have installed past the 50% mark. I'm shocked that you only got to 30% over an entire night! Once you hit the halfway point of installation, you will be able to actually play the game, but multiplayer will not be accessable.

Am at 48% now. I was actually able to start the game soon after 30%, but I could only use the character creation and play the short tutorial.

Great to hear I can start at 50%, thanks for that info. Shouldn't take too long now.

Yes this game takes a VERY long time to install, at least on a USB 3.0 drive anyway. It's taken me most of a whole day just to install it off the disc, and it's a brand-new HDD. I'm gonna test it out to confirm it's this game causing the problems by installing Lords of the Fallen today and comparing the install times. I can't imagine it can be much worse than installing this game!

Seriously, do you guys have 3mbps connections or something? Longest download Ive had on Xbox One was a little over an hour and that was BF4 which was 40GB+

Their concern now is installation, not downloading...

... but I have the same amazement for taking a day or more to install, considering it took me <15mins; no idea what's wrong with your guys' systems other than maybe it's clogged up. I keep mine always at 50% space or more.

Yes this game takes a VERY long time to install, at least on a USB 3.0 drive anyway. It's taken me most of a whole day just to install it off the disc, and it's a brand-new HDD. I'm gonna test it out to confirm it's this game causing the problems by installing Lords of the Fallen today and comparing the install times. I can't imagine it can be much worse than installing this game!

I bought the disc version and it only took me maybe 30 mins to finish installing. Have no idea why it would take the better part of a day to install off disc. Try installing offline, i've heard sometimes that helps install times because it isn't also downloading the update. It could also be maybe your hdd is having problems itself, and not the system.

I bought the disc version and it only took me maybe 30 mins to finish installing. Have no idea why it would take the better part of a day to install off disc. Try installing offline, i've heard sometimes that helps install times because it isn't also downloading the update. It could also be maybe your hdd is having problems itself, and not the system.

Like I said earlier, I just tested the HDD by also installing Lords of the Fallen on it, and even though it was only a 5.5 GB install (including downloading an update), it still only took about 50 minutes to install, which is much less than what Sunset Overdrive took to install. I did try to install SSOD offline but it wouldn't let me. So I'm not sure exactly what it is about this game, but the install didn't work well at all with the Seagate 2 TB portable HDD onto which I installed it.