veteran difficulty?

I would say REALLY easy! But then again, the last CoD i touched was Grenades at war which (in my view) had the most brutal veteran of all CoD's i've played. Have not been stuck on a checkpoint for more than 1 or 2 tries and mostly get through levels without dying, and im on mission 4 or 5 now.

have to agree that no other CoD game since World at War has even come close to the difficulty of that veteran campaign, and that was even with co-op. my question is will they ever bring back the co-op campaign to this franchise? to answer the initial question it is not too terribly hard on veteran. I personally like to play the game through on regular at first to get a feel for it and try to find as many intel on my own as I can and then play it on veteran with a guide to get the missed intel. this makes the second play-through easier on veteran since I know what I am supposed to be doing on the missions, but I do enjoy campaigns on games like this. if you don't care about the campaign and just want get through it to get the achievements its easily doable, but you will probably find yourself a few trouble points, i.e having to scan dudes face on the 6th mission.

Well finished Veteran on now, got to say it is just as vanilla as the recent COD outings, not really difficult at all. Of course there are always a few little bottle necks where things get awkward, but nothing challenging.

I remember my COD 2 and COD 4 Veteran runs, I felt like I deserved the friggin Nobel Prize or a knighthood or something, running laps of honour around the garden waving my joypad in the air. They have definitely dumbed Veteran down a lot, way too much, no sense of achievement now.

How hard is veteran in this installment?

Just wandering if i should start out on it like the last few games

Playing on veteran is like playing on normal on all the other CallofDuty titles. Playing through it now and died maybe 20 times. And that's only because I am collecting all collectibles and going for the level related achievements and the misc achievements. Recommend everyone to play through the game on veteran.

Call of Duty Classic is probably realistically the hardest one on Veteran. Maybe I'm wrong though. I'm not disputing that World at War is the hardest modern CoD game, but Classic had not only intense firefights but also health packs you had to keep an eye out for. I only got to level four or so before moving on to another game. I'll try again someday.

Call of Duty Classic is probably realistically the hardest one on Veteran. Maybe I'm wrong though. I'm not disputing that World at War is the hardest modern CoD game, but Classic had not only intense firefights but also health packs you had to keep an eye out for. I only got to level four or so before moving on to another game. I'll try again someday.
Check points also don't trigger if you're below a certain amount of health, plus not having any modern features like grenade throw back/sprint. Easily the hardest CoD on the XB360.

I think it was way too easy. I think I have under 30 hours playing the game and I have 100% completion. That being said, I liked the campaign but I think it was too short. If they are going to make these things easy they should at least make them longer. Since I've beat the game, made it to level 70 something on co-op, and think the mp is garbage I'm on to the next game. Got a lot more enjoyment out of the previous cods for the price tag.

I think it was way too easy. I think I have under 30 hours playing the game and I have 100% completion. That being said, I liked the campaign but I think it was too short. If they are going to make these things easy they should at least make them longer. Since I've beat the game, made it to level 70 something on co-op, and think the mp is garbage I'm on to the next game. Got a lot more enjoyment out of the previous cods for the price tag.

Yep, same here. I think I played 20 hours or so of this. Got to level 32 in MP which I got bored of, "beat" Exo Survival and the bonus round, finished 2 playthroughs of the campaign (Normal and Veteran). I traded it in yesterday and used the money towards the B2G1 sale at Target for something new.

Not sure if I'll bother with the DLC and achievements when those arrive though as I didn't care for the MP. I really wish the SP was longer considering how much I liked the story this year.

Id say its on par with previous COD games pretty easy, Certainly no WAW

Not In the slightest.mand the older ones where more enjoyable without a doubt.

This game is like playing on pussyblevel.

Cod4 and world at war was the dog bollo...x , and had great storylines too.

I know cod 4 was easy on veteran because we all have the mile high club achievement. Well only 4% of all Xbox users have that achievement and I'm one of them. :p. .

Probably the easiest veteran campaign, although I do remember one of the later MW veterans being equally as easy.

I remember my COD 2 and COD 4 Veteran runs, I felt like I deserved the friggin Nobel Prize or a knighthood or something, running laps of honour around the garden waving my joypad in the air. They have definitely dumbed Veteran down a lot, way too much, no sense of achievement now.

If you haven't already, try COD1 or COD:WaW if you want to relive that sense of achievement :-)

• 2 weeks later...