Floyd.

I selected knight enchanter as my specialization for the inquisitor. So what's the best setup for that class that will allow me to get the achievement for doing 1000 plus damage in one shot?

I'm not sure of all the classes in the game (I only played as a Tempest Rogue Archer) but playing as a Tempest Rogue Archer nets well over 1k damage by mid-to-late game.

Maybe have Sera in your party and try getting the achievement while controlling her? I'm not too sure what moves a KE Mage can combine for a 1k attack.

Edited by BiggD
1000k =/= 1,000

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure of all the classes in the game (I only played as a Tempest Rogue Archer) but playing as a Tempest Rogue Archer nets well over 1000k damage by mid-to-late game.

Maybe have Sera in your party and try getting the achievement while controlling her? I'm not too sure what moves a KE Mage can combine for a 1000k attack.

1000k? I've never seen an attack do 1 million damage in the game. :p

Ok so I have 2 questions...

1. Can I unlock the hard hitter achievement with any character not just the inquisitor?

2. When I get into a romantic relationship with someone from my team will that romance count towards the people person achievement?

Ok about the People Person achievement... Who are the best/easiest 3 people to become friends with. My idea was that I would either have Josephine or Cassandra become my romance partner for the other achievement because I am a male qunari. And I cant tell if a romance partner counts as a friend, because some say it does while others say no. But idk who I should become friends with because every single decision point in the game affects each character differently. One decision Varric and Solas may agree but another time they might disagree as an example. Im not sure how much each decision affects every character and that if I make a bad decision for someone do I have enough time to make good decisions for that character and have them become friends before the end of the game.

Ok about the People Person achievement... Who are the best/easiest 3 people to become friends with. My idea was that I would either have Josephine or Cassandra become my romance partner for the other achievement because I am a male qunari. And I cant tell if a romance partner counts as a friend, because some say it does while others say no. But idk who I should become friends with because every single decision point in the game affects each character differently. One decision Varric and Solas may agree but another time they might disagree as an example. Im not sure how much each decision affects every character and that if I make a bad decision for someone do I have enough time to make good decisions for that character and have them become friends before the end of the game.

I found Iron Bull, Dorian, and Cassandra to be the easiest characters to befriend for the achievement.

I also went out of my way for Sera, and she's pretty easy to befriend as well but she takes a little more knowledge of what exactly to say/do in certain situations. Blackwall was my romance option so I'm not too knowledgeable on the easiness/hardness of his friendship.

Vivienne is a litte stingy but her friendship came naturally (4th friendship in my game).

Solas was a little tough because he's so stingy about everything. I didn't become friends with Varric until late game but he's not to bad either.

Ok so if I go for Iron bull, Dorian, and Cassandra and at one decision point I get approval for 2 out of the 3 characters like Iron bull and Cassandra, then the next decision point I get Dorian and Iron bull approvals; will I have enough decision points to get all 3 as friends? And how many friends could you possibly get if you make good decisions?

You can have every single character as your friend. Why would being romantic with someone not count? They became your friend first, then your lover. It counts. By the end of the game, if you don't have three friends, your character is a massive jerk lol. My first three were Varric, Solas, and Bull (the three I adventured with).

It's hard to give advice because it's such a long achievement, but just speak diplomatically, be nice, and it will easily come in time. Pick who you want to speak with because there will be a lot of talking to get there.

Ok thanks for the help. I was just worried because I know that the decision points for main story mission affects the characters view point on you more than doing side missions, and if I make certain decisions that one person might not agree with, I just want to make sure I can still get them to be friends. I know the people person achievement is listed as missable and I am trying to get all the achievements in one play through. So I just want to have a basic idea on how not to screw up the missable achievements lol.

I started my 'Nightmare' playthrough yesterday after work. While I really enjoyed the game, I don't know if I'm exactly looking forward to another ~60 hour jaunt through it again. I figured I'd have some issues with the Pride Demon at the beginning, but didn't even come close to a party wipe... hopefully that's a good sign for things to come.

You can have every single character as your friend. Why would being romantic with someone not count? They became your friend first, then your lover. It counts. By the end of the game, if you don't have three friends, your character is a massive jerk lol. My first three were Varric, Solas, and Bull (the three I adventured with).

It's hard to give advice because it's such a long achievement, but just speak diplomatically, be nice, and it will easily come in time. Pick who you want to speak with because there will be a lot of talking to get there.

I'm actually not entirely sure about that. I also got the feeling that love interests don't seem to count towards the friendship achievement. You'd think they do, but I was never really sure if that was the case in my playthroughs.

Not claiming anything here, just saying is all.

I started my 'Nightmare' playthrough yesterday after work. While I really enjoyed the game, I don't know if I'm exactly looking forward to another ~60 hour jaunt through it again. I figured I'd have some issues with the Pride Demon at the beginning, but didn't even come close to a party wipe... hopefully that's a good sign for things to come.

If you bested the Pride Demon without much trouble, then you should be good on the rest of your joinery. There's only two hard boss fights in the game on Nightmare. One during "Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts," which can actually be skipped if you choose the right dialogue, and later on in the game in Emprise du Lion against Ishmael (which can also be avoided through proper dialogue options). Those were the only truly hard segments of the game for me on Nightmare. Well, the fight against Magistrate Alexius during "In Hushed Whispers" was tough, but I went in underleved and with the wrong party.

I'm actually not entirely sure about that.

I think you can definitely befriend every companion in the game. If that's what you were bolding his quote. You can tell my their tarot card. By game's end, I had everyone's friendship tarot card, minus Solas who doesn't have one (though he was still my friend).

If you mean that your love interest won't count as a friend, then I believe you're correct.

I romanced Blackwall, then became friends with Iron Bull and Dorian. No achievement for 3 friendships. It wasn't until I befriended another character, Cassandra, that I got the achievement. So yeah…I don't think a romance interest counts as a friend for the achievement in question.

Edited by BiggD

Yup, I meant romances don't seem to count as 'friends' for the achievement. Apologies for the confusion with the bold.

Again, though, I'm not 100% positive if this applies to everyone. But I'm pretty sure my love interests didn't count towards the friendship achievement in my game.

Edited by Fiery Phoenix

Well, I made it up to level 10 over the weekend on my Nightmare run. Finished everything in The Hinterlands, aside from closing 3 rifts.... did everything in Storm Coast & Fallow Mire.... that damn Siege of Haven is all that awaits. I know this is the hardest part in the whole game, so I'm not looking forward to it.

Edit: Well, I got to level 11, did the Siege of Haven mission. My entire party got wiped out in about 5 seconds. Ugh. Restarted, and think we used all of 1 or 2 health potions the 2nd time. It was super easy. Weird how the game can work like that.

Edit/Edit: Almost up to level 14 now. I finally got to the Western Approach and while it's not a cakewalk, it's definitely opening up and getting pretty easy. I figured I'd do more side missions here, capture the keep, and then do the next 2 story missions. Been bossing the game with Solas, Cassandra & Vivienne.

Edit/Edit/Edit: I finished it last night. Woohoo! I was level 18 (about 3,000 XP from 19) going into the last mission, and had zero troubles with the final boss. Furthermore, I never even stepped foot in the Exalted Plains, Hissing Wastes, & Forbidden Oasis. It still took me about 40 hours though.

Edited by Eggnogga

• 11 months later...
Thanks for the guide, and your contributions to the community. Just finished the X1 version on Nightmare, was fairly easy this time thanks to me having done it before on ps4.

Thanks, man :D That makes me feel good. Glad I could help and congratulations on your latest completion!

• 2 years later...