Bitching Thread

SpinelesS

Wasn't a bitching Thread started so I thought I would start one :)

I Hate the way this game loads. They start up with a bunch of codex entries to read while the game is loading, even allow you to shuffle through them to find one you haven't read and then BOOM! they go away and you get to look at a blank screen for the majority of the loading.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought only entries you had discovered showed up in the loading screen, preventing that frustration? I haven't seen an undiscovered one before.

My only gripe is that during a major spoiler event, it would always crash choosing one option, so I had to settle for something else, and this was after multiple hard resets and reloading.

Yeah, i hate that only the first 20 seconds of the loading screen actually has something to look at while the remaining 50 or so seconds is just a black screen.

For me the only other thing to bitch about is my party. It's 2014 and still i see my party: bump into me, block my way without moving aside, dance and stutter in the background during cutscenes AND (this is the worst) be somewhere else on the map entirely leaving me to fight groups of enemies by myself.

Loving the game to death though! GOTY hands down for me!

I thought only entries you had discovered showed up in the loading screen, preventing that frustration? I haven't seen an undiscovered one before.

Discovered/undiscovered it doesn't matter to me as long as I have something to read. Just wish they would stay up there longer instead of the black screen.

Another thing that bugs me is that there is no storage chest.

I really don't like the fact that wolf hides and some other ones are called "Canine Leather." Makes me think I'm slaying the family pet ;)

I love the game in general, but disappointed that I spend so much time just working through some of the basic mechanics - how to craft, how to add potions, etc. this probably isn't an issue for most people.

also don't like the war table as I hate having to stop what I'm doing to start up another 3h+ objective and not having a spawn point to instantly go there kinda sucks.

Yeah, i hate getting the message that they are ready to report in and you have to go through loading screens and a fair bit of walking just to send them out again.

Maybe they should have had a system where you could go to one of your camps and from there send out messengers with orders for the war table...

Yea the minimap is......pure arse.

What I currently have to bitch about is my specialization. I have no idea where to get the books for them from, they aren't in Val Royeaux and there isn't an option to get them from the companions who specialize in it. I'm literally saving up skill points for if I magically get what I need

Yea the minimap is......pure arse.

What I currently have to bitch about is my specialization. I have no idea where to get the books for them from, they aren't in Val Royeaux and there isn't an option to get them from the companions who specialize in it. I'm literally saving up skill points for if I magically get what I need

Maybe this will help

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/521324-class-abilities-and-specialization/

Yea that didn't really teach me anything since i pretty much already knew all that stufff. I'm not sure where Solas' belongings are and the book merchant doesn't have anything on rift mages (or any other specialization for that matter)

Thanks for trying though

EDIT: I just decided to go to his room and do the area search thing. It was up against the desk. Its always simple, these problems

I have two beefs

As mentioned not having a button to swap weapons (especially as a rouge), wish I could map right dpad to my inventory (or any menu option) and being able to compare loot to currently equiped items

... hmm. Guess that's 3

If you mean loot off the floor, yeah you can't compare that way but You can compare When In Inventory. Hit X to examine and then X again to compare

Fuckin' glitches. I picked a green torch up unknowingly, and it stuck to my hand for ages. It stayed there even in combat and made the combat animations a mess. My guy held his two-handed sword straight upwards, even when doing the whirlwind attack. It looked ridiculous. Far from game breaking, i admit, but it was still very annoying. :rolleyes:

Besides that, the usual loading screens/times being a joke.

Also loot. It sucks. For one, weapons and armour being loot is all but pointless as i've never once found anything better than what i'm already wearing/using that i made myself at a forge. The crafting is great don't get me wrong, but there is seemingly no point in having random weapons and armour as loot if it's shite compared to what i created myself like 4 levels ago. As an example, i picked up a two-handed axe from a boss and i couldn't use it yet as i needed to be level 9. It did ~130 damage and the stuff i had already did less than 100 so it looked awesome. Roll on level 9 time when i can finally use it and i've already created a sword by this point that does ~150 damage so the axe was a waste of the effort it took my Qunari to carry it around. I pilfered the parts off it and sold it.

I know that's a weird complaint but the mystery of finding rare or powerful weapons hidden away in the world is gone, knowing that it's all crap considering i could just quickly fast travel back to Haven and make something better.

I'm sure there's more to come from me in this thread, but for now that's all i can think of. It sounds bad, but i'm actually enjoying the game, i just hate some of the things in it. :)

Also loot. It sucks. For one, weapons and armour being loot is all but pointless as i've never once found anything better than what i'm already wearing/using that i made myself at a forge.

What about Items like the Vigorous staff that has stuff like "On Hit: Heal 1% of Maximum Health" or can you eventually craft stuff like that too?

Edited by SpinelesS

What about Items like the Vigorous staff that has stuff like "On Hit: Heal 1% of Maximum Health" or can you eventually craft stuff like that too?

I wouldn't know. I'm not too far in to be honest so maybe it changes, but as it stands right now, i've yet to find something better than what i can craft. Maybe i was just lucky and kept finding super rare and powerful (for my level) schematics or something. :p

Also, i'm sick of finding daggers. I'd say at an estimate ~75% of the weapons that i find, including the more powerful blues/purples are daggers. I'm guessing it's random, but i mean a nice two-handed sword to go with my two-handed lifestyle would be nice. :D

I wouldn't know. I'm not too far in to be honest so maybe it changes, but as it stands right now, i've yet to find something better than what i can craft. Maybe i was just lucky and kept finding super rare and powerful (for my level) schematics or something. :p

Also, i'm sick of finding daggers. I'd say at an estimate ~75% of the weapons that i find, including the more powerful blues/purples are daggers. I'm guessing it's random, but i mean a nice two-handed sword to go with my two-handed lifestyle would be nice. :D

Not very far either. Not playing 2 handed, but the best I have found so far would be Hayder's Razor. 166DPS 127 AOE, +20 AOE vs Living, +11% attack and +3% crit damage bonus. (Got it somewhere in hinterland, may have even been in one of the random chests)

Another thing I'm currently not liking is the Mage Companions. Both Solas and Vivienne are dull. I'm hoping Dorian is more fun.

I don't find many schematics which is pretty rubbish. I always crafting the best gear for my team and giving it unique names. Only Tier 3 schematics are two longbow grips and light armour. I also dont have any leg or arm schematics for my medium or heavy armours.

PS: Just noticed that my sig needs updating. That sig was made just as the Titanfall BETA ended and I was DYING for it to release (turned out to be pretty crap) and also waiting for a big RPG and now I have DA:I.

Once you hit mid-teens, purples drop like crazy, and dragons always have at least two purples on them (which are super powerful) and tons of the best materials to craft the best stuff.

I'm level 19 and the unique items i find are usually worse than the blue and since i can't find many schematics that are actually better than what i already crafted. Sad

I don't find many schematics which is pretty rubbish. I always crafting the best gear for my team and giving it unique names. Only Tier 3 schematics are two longbow grips and light armour. I also dont have any leg or arm schematics for my medium or heavy armours.

I'm level 19 and the unique items i find are usually worse than the blue and since i can't find many schematics that are actually better than what i already crafted. Sad

As I have said a bunch of times, I'm not very far into the story, but I do have a bunch of schematics (64 weapon schematics, 57 Armor Schematics) Though they are all only tier one or two.

The store in Val Royeaux Sells a bunch of schematics that seem decent (I purchased them, but with the Buy/Sell back glitch, you should be able to obtain them for free)

But I got most of my schematics from Saving before I open a chest, and then loading that save back up if I didn't get a schematic or something that looked good. I'm sure if I was further in the story, I would have higher tier schematics.