Blazblue Coming to Xbox One!

Kairi

I have a natural preference to use Ragna

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121211153458/blazblue/images/thumb/2/28/Ragna_the_Bloodedge_%28Chronophantasma%2C_Character_Select_Artwork%29.png/130px-0%2C509%2C8%2C458-Ragna_the_Bloodedge_%28Chronophantasma%2C_Character_Select_Artwork%29.png

but also really enjoy Jubei

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111202191732/blazblue/images/thumb/c/ca/Jubei_%28Story_Mode_Artwork%2C_Normal%29.png/130px-0%2C635%2C13%2C575-Jubei_%28Story_Mode_Artwork%2C_Normal%29.png

and Taokaka

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121211154446/blazblue/images/thumb/7/78/Taokaka_%28Chronophantasma%2C_Character_Select_Artwork%29.png/130px-0%2C399%2C8%2C361-Taokaka_%28Chronophantasma%2C_Character_Select_Artwork%29.png

for their outright zaniness. :)

Your preference/main, Kairi?

Jubei really needs to become a playable character at this point! He better be playable in the next Blazblue game; I don't understand why he isn't one already honestly. Nice choices! Ragna is pretty awesome and Taokaka is hilarious.

As for me, my favorites to play as are Jin and Rachel. :) I also like using Ragna as well although I don't use him as much as Jin or Rachel.

Problem this game is gonna have, is I just can't see any game competing with the new mortal Kombat, especially seeing how good the last one was.

So? Why does this game have to compete with it? They are two very different fighting game series. Just because you think Mortal Kombat will be better doesn't mean it's okay for you to try derailing a thread for a completely different game about it. Going off-topic like that is considered spamming.

Mortal Kombat talk belongs here by the way. Please keep it there; failure to keep it in the proper area will not be tolerated.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't derailing, or spamming.

I've already stated I will get this, but with games that are played at tournament level people flock to the best.

My point being, the player base will go to the better game, and if a game such as this one doesn't have a big online following then it will lose a lot of it's appeal. Granted, the BB name is a big name in itself, but this year it's coming up arguably the biggest in the fighting genre.

Honestly not sure why comparing two games in the same genre released near each other isn't allowed, as they will affect each other. I also don't think MK will be better. I've never played any BB game as I stated. I can't compare them. My comment was purely based on reputation, and how one will impact the other.....

Sorry if that somehow caused offence.

Edit - this is all based on my personal opinion thst fighters are best played online competitively.

Edited by Lavindathar

Jubei really needs to become a playable character at this point! He better be playable in the next Blazblue game; I don't understand why he isn't one already honestly.

Wait, I think I have Jubei and Taokaka confused with one another somehow as I thought Jubei was playable. Clearly, I'm confused. Let me make that Ragna and Taokaka then. Maybe we'll get lucky and Jubei will be playable in CPE like you said? :)

Jin, I'm not overly fond of, but don't mind Rachel and her kookiness. :p

Is BB a crazy kind of fighter where all characters are strange and have super powers?

Or is it a realistic kind. I'm guessing the former from the GFX style, but that can be misleading.

It's basically a streetfighter clone of sorts, but one of the better ones, controls are nice and tight, characters are a blast.

I wasn't derailing, or spamming.

Yes, you were. You posted this:

"You getting MkX floyd? My mission in life is to own dirty when that comes out."

That post has absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic, so you should have never posted it. Going completely off-topic like that is considered spamming. If you want to have a conversation with Floyd, go do it in a wall message or something.

Personally, I don't care about what is popular in tournaments. I judge how good a game is based on my own experiences with it and not how many people play it.

Wait, I think I have Jubei and Taokaka confused with one another somehow as I thought Jubei was playable. Clearly, I'm confused. Let me make that Ragna and Taokaka then. Maybe we'll get lucky and Jubei will be playable in CPE like you said? :)

Jin, I'm not overly fond of, but don't mind Rachel and her kookiness. :p

I think you might as well since Jubei hasn't been playable yet. :( I wish he was though since he is just an awesome character. I actually have a cute little stuffed Jubei in my video game collection; I am really happy that I have him! ^_^ I don't think Jubei will be coming to CPE, but I hope (and he better!) be in the next main game after that!

I've always really liked Jin and have thought his ice powers are awesome! Rachel has been a favorite of mine as well since I first started playing the game. :) Blazblue truly does have a lot of wonderful characters and I like most of them (except Tsubaki, she annoys me lol). They are all pretty unique and most of the characters are fun to play as even if you completely suck at playing with them.

It's basically a streetfighter clone of sorts, but one of the better ones, controls are nice and tight, characters are a blast.

Never would I consider it a street fighter clone. BB's fighting mechanics are in another world, it's more fast and fluid. Load up BBCS or BBCSE and jump into trial mode, you can see characters performing ridiculously long combos, in street fighter, you will not be able to do so many moves one after another.

Let me use an example, in BBCSE, the typical bread and butter combo for ragna is:

5Y > 2X > Jump > Air.5B > Jump > Air.5B > Air.5A > Air.214A > 5B > 5A > 623A > 236A > 236A > 5A > Carnage Scissors

A BnB combo for Ryu is like L > M > H > Tastu > Shoryuken > EX focus cancel > Metsu hadouken.

Pretty much, BB is fast and about executing combos, SF is slow and all about the foot game.

Either way, both are great games. I can't wait for the achievement list to be revealed.

Never would I consider it a street fighter clone. BB's fighting mechanics are in another world, it's more fast and fluid. Load up BBCS or BBCSE and jump into trial mode, you can see characters performing ridiculously long combos, in street fighter, you will not be able to do so many moves one after another.

Let me use an example, in BBCSE, the typical bread and butter combo for ragna is:

5Y > 2X > Jump > Air.5B > Jump > Air.5B > Air.5A > Air.214A > 5B > 5A > 623A > 236A > 236A > 5A > Carnage Scissors

A BnB combo for Ryu is like L > M > H > Tastu > Shoryuken > EX focus cancel > Metsu hadouken.

Pretty much, BB is fast and about executing combos, SF is slow and all about the foot game.

Either way, both are great games. I can't wait for the achievement list to be revealed.

Good to know,as I prefer faster fighters over slower ones,

Well the fighting genre is one of my least experienced, so I dunno if what I've played is called as slow or fast or somewhere in the middle.

I know sf is slow, but I'm also pretty good at Killer Instinct, Injistice and Mortal Kombat. No idea how they are classed speed wise.

Street fighter and marvel vs cap com I wasn't brilliant at.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Very rusty but I'm still getting it

Happy to see this on Xbox One.

I'm super rusty as well since I haven't played in ages; I should probably go back and play a bit of both Continuum Shift games before this comes out! I'm really excited that this is coming out on the Xbox One...we better have some matches together buddy! :p

It's fantastic seeing this coming to the One seeing as all I ever play anymore is the One or the Vita.

It's also nice to see somethings never change =P

Holy crap, a Wild Sami has appeared! :francis::francis::francis:

I'm pretty happy to see this come out to the One as well! :D All I play is my Xbox consoles and Vita too (although the last few months I've been pretty busy and haven't played much in general x.x) lol. I almost bought ChronoPhantasma for the Vita but then this got announced, so I decided to wait so I can play on my Xbox One. ;) I might even preorder the Japanese version to play it a couple months earlier but I'm still undecided on that at the moment. :p

Likewise friend! :p We need to catch up! http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/hug.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to everyone in the Blazblue thread I was looking for the achievements for BBCP and happened upon this forum. I too am a huge fan of the Blazblue series and I'll be importing the game on Xbox One. If any of you guys want to play a few games feel free to add me. I've been looking forward to this game for a while now and I hope it provides me with as much enjoyment as the previous games did.

Hope to see y'all online in the future. Take care

Other than BB:CP - Ex already out and all, yeah, I'm happy its back on Xbox, but I don't have an X1 (I don't intend to though), sorry Kairi. >_>

I mean, yeah, it would be nice to complete this along with the other BB's I've already done before on the 360 (also missing the BB:CT Win8 ver., but my PC isn't a Win8 OS. >_>)

I didn't register a credit card and was able to buy it off the marketplace yesterday (in fact I bet I was the first person to buy the game in the world considering the popularity of Xbox in Japan).

Also you can get cards cheaper and faster from http://solarisjapancards.com that is where I got mine and they were digitally delivered within 24 hours. Also when you use the yen code you have to be in the Japanese marketplace first.

The way I got mine without using a JP credit card was I used my browser when I bought it, but I also had my Xbox switched over to the Japanese marketplace too.

I then got to the credit card section and put in a Tokyo address and phone number I got from this old video http://youtu.be/JVwPWhamJ80 this vid was for using the 360 marketplace, at first I was having issues trying to figure out an address and phone number to put in, but after looking at this vid and using its address and phone number I was able to complete the registration and download my game. And I never added a credit card. So if you already have the yen on you account I'd try this out if you were trying to buy a game digitally. Hope this helps

How much was the game in yen ? and also how much is in english ?

Do you think you could go for the 1000 with no understanding of japanese ?

5750 yen I believe so I'd just get a 5000 yen card and a 1000 yen card.

Some of the menu is in English (enough to get around) and you can change the arcade in fight voices to English (that will NOT effect the story voices both in story mode or arcade mode just in fight stuff)

1000 achievement score......hmm yeah if I put my nose to the grindstone I'm sure I could. The hardest parts would be the story more ones and I'm sure someone here or on Dustloop will figure out the correct path for that.

Also remember how you had to adjust the screen size on the old Blazblue games? Well not anymore it fits perfectly on your screen in 1080p

How much was the game in yen ? and also how much is in english ?

Do you think you could go for the 1000 with no understanding of japanese ?

None of the achievements require much of any knowledge of JP, and anything you could get confused on is translated already, as the menus are the same as BBCP, which has available menu translations. Most menu options are also icon-coded, so using your best kindergarten skills, you can figure out where most options will lead you.