Hard to Enjoy?

GearsFan4Life

Yes, because of the rest of the worlds weapons doing more damage than when i use them

All halos have that sometimes, but here its fucking rediculous!

Matchmaking seems extremely balanced compared to MCC though

But im always the lowest scoring pretty much because people dont throw grenades at me, which always kill me, and well like i said, the rest of the world does more damage than me if i would be using the same weapon

Thats not very enjoyable no

Yes, because of the rest of the worlds weapons doing more damage than when i use them

But im always the lowest scoring pretty much because people dont throw grenades at me, which always kill me, and well like i said, the rest of the world does more damage than me if i would be using the same weapon

I think you just suck man.

I think you just suck man.

Or maybe his connection sucks. If he and his opponent puts the same amount of bullets into each other but he dies first, it means he's lagging.

Or maybe both, since I can still do good even on my shitty home wifi.

I kinda agree, I played a couple of games and at first I was trying to treat it like previous halo game so for the first couple of games I was fighting the controls before I changed them, but after that I just got bored of it, I know its a beta and they plan on adding more stuff later, but 2 maps and 1 game type can only go so far, I'll dabble in the beta until it ends, but I plan on spending more of my time elsewhere.

Okay pissed off atm does anyone know if co-op online will be coming to the game kind not playing the beta atm since my friends are here and cant play it with me every halo ever even betas have let you play online with up to 3 other people but this beta is only letting you get 1 player anyone pissed as I have friends that like to play halo with me.

To my suprise I'm actually really enjoying this beta. I hated halo 4 but I think this is the way to go plus the game is around 11 months away from launch so of course its not gonna look polished. It runs very well especially compared to halo MCC.

oh that menu music sucks ass tho I hope that wont be lthe main theme

Okay pissed off atm does anyone know if co-op online will be coming to the game kind not playing the beta atm since my friends are here and cant play it with me every halo ever even betas have let you play online with up to 3 other people but this beta is only letting you get 1 player anyone pissed as I have friends that like to play halo with me.

Maybe in a later beta if they have one, this one is so far from release already but it would be fun to play with guests.

I haven't played Halo in so long, I'm rusty as all hell. It's gonna take me a little while to get the aim back and adjust it for the new movement. I liked that they finally introduced an ADS mechanic, but I hate that taking damage knocks you out of it entirely. The new movement mechanics are kinda cool, but I think they need to make the maps a little bigger because of it. The two they've shown so far feel kinda tiny IMO.

All in all, it looks interesting enough for me to want to check back over the course to see the new stuff they release. But not fun enough to play a lot.

My initial impressions are that the Assault Rifle needs to be smacked with the nerf bat. While I prefer an automatic weapon that's actually useful as opposed to being completely pointless (e.g. H2 SMG), the AR in its current incarnation kills much too quickly from too far of a distance. This wouldn't be so much of an issue if the AR actually took any skill to use, but an automatic weapon having so much power is ill-suited for the competitive gunplay for which the Halo series became so widely appreciated. I'm not sure how much of it has to do with power and/or accuracy, but both need to be toned down.

Similarly, the grenade blast radius seems ridiculous in this game. Generally grenades work best when they require precision and timing to use effectively. They do not work well when people can get a kill with a grenade that isn't even remotely close to its intended target.

Conversely, I like that the Magnum isn't worthless like it was in Reach and Halo 4. From my limited experience with it, I think it's about perfect the way it is. Similarly, the BR works well for the most part, but there is one nagging problem that holds it and most precision weapons back.

Namely, the fact that flinch is still in this game makes precision weapons harder to use than they should be. Fortunately, I believe that 343 has stated that it won't be appearing in the final release, so one can only hope this is a temporary problem.

I don't have enough experience with the DMR or the charge move to have an informed opinion on them. As for the ground pound, it seems situational the majority of the time, but I probably need to practice using it a bit more. I haven't had much issue with it interfering with crouch jumping, but I have heard other players complain about it.

Also, I'm wagering that this has more to do with connection and/or netcode issues, but I've noticed the Sniper Rifle seems to be a tad too easy to use. It seems like anybody can land a hit with it. I've seen killcams where the rifle was clearly off-target before firing, yet I ended up dying anyway. Whether this is due to hit detection problems or a bad connection, I am unsure. Nonetheless, it's something that needs to be addressed.

I'm not sure if it's the weapons that need nerfed or the shields need buffed but it does seem that you can get killed a whole lot easier.

The other thing aside from the learning curve of new abilities (starting to get use them actually broke 10 kills the other game :p) but I hate how much you slow down when you start taking fire as soon as someone starts shooting me if they aren't if front of me I'm dead before I can get turned around no matter my control sensativity. :p

The menu music also sounds way to much like Destiny not to mention the fact that it's call Guardians...

It just doesn't feel all Halo-ish to me it looks like it but feels like some weird Titanfall/COD/Destiny love child...

I'm sure it'll grow on me in time it has Halo in the title so I have to play it :p #fanboyproblems ;)