- Online: 0 [0]

- Approximate amount of time to 75: <1 hour

- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 playthrough of each challenge

- Missable achievements: No

- Does difficulty affect achievements: No

- Unobtainable/glitched achievements: No

- Extra equipment needed?: No

Introduction/Walkthrough:

Three new achievements have been added to Sunset Overdrive related to Episode 1, 2, and 4 of Buck National's challenges. All three achievements have you beating a specific score for each challenge. Using and abusing your Hair Spray Bomb with Second Amendment is going to help you reach that score goal.

For Episode 1, you are going to want to continually work through the challenges as fast as you can. For Episode 2 and 3, you are going to want to reach a certain part of the episode and just focusing on killing as many OD as possible.

If you are familiar with Sunset Overdrive and the three challenges, these shouldn't take more than one or two attempts to reach the required score.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2735/97886-lo.jpgHardcore!: Buck National vs The Apocalypse 25:gsicon:

Beat the score of 400,000 on the Challenge "Buck's National vs The Apocalypse."

Equip your fully upgraded Hair Spray Bomb with Second Amendment amp and Turret Copter. Complete the set of challenges (bounce kills, grind kills, Blower kills, and Pain Train kills) as fast as you can. You may be tempted to use the method of getting to a certain challenge and just killing OD, but they don't spawn at high enough rates to make this useful. Just complete each challenge quickly and keep moving on. The Hair Spray Bomb with Second Amendment will be used for every challenge and should make quick work of everything.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2735/97887-lo.jpgHardcore!: Buck Strikes Back 25:gsicon:

Beat the score of 500,00 on the Challenge "Buck's Strikes Back."

Equip your fully upgraded Hair Spray Bomb with Second Amendment amp and Acid Sprinkler with Twist of Fate (you can also equip the Turret Copter if you so choose). Work through the challenges quickly until you get to electric barrel kills. Ignore the barrels and grind on the power lines while using your Hair Spray Bomb and Acid Sprinklers. You should be able to rapidly increase your score at this point as the OD should be pouring out from all over the map. It isn't too hard to hit about 600,000 points for this.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2735/97888-lo.jpgHardcore!: Buck Stops Here 25:gsicon:

Beat the score of 600,00 on the Challenge "Buck's Stops Here."

Equip your fully upgraded Hair Spray Bomb with Second Amendment amp and Acid Sprinkler with Twist of Fate (you can also equip the Turret Copter if you so choose). Work your way through the challenges as fast as you can until you get to the part where you are supposed to get catapult kills. Ignore the catapults and find the part of the map where the OD are spawning from dumpsters. Lay down Hair Spray Bomb Fire and Acid Sprinklers at this spot for the remaining time while grinding on power lines and you should be able to get over 700,000 points no problem.

Edited by xhunterrrr

Hunter, where can I find/buy/get the amps you mention in your guide?

Twist of Fate and Second Amendment. I don't think I've seen them in Floyd's inventory?

Second Amendment was purchased for 35 cameras. I'm not sure when it became available, though. Twist of Fate I know I got from Chaos Squad.

Second Amendment was purchased for 35 cameras. I'm not sure when it became available, though. Twist of Fate I know I got from Chaos Squad.

Damn, alright. I'll check when I get home cause I might have Second Amendment then.

Do you think these achievements are still easy without Twist of Fate?

Damn, alright. I'll check when I get home cause I might have Second Amendment then.

Do you think these achievements are still easy without Twist of Fate?

Yeah. It is only really useful in Buck Stops Here and, even then, it is unnecessary to get the minimum score of 600,000.

Awesome! Thanks for the quick replies and the guide. It's beautiful :p

I spent hours on it. :p

How far through the game do you need to be to access these challenges, or is better to wait post-game?

Each one is unlocked as you progress through the story. I believe Episode 4 (Buck Stops Here) is unlocked sometime around Las Catrinas.

I spent hours on it. :p

Each one is unlocked as you progress through the story. I believe Episode 4 (Buck Stops Here) is unlocked sometime around Las Catrinas.

Awesome, I'll keep them until post-game.

Also, could that be why I couldn't find any matchmaking games. Played it until you first get told of Chaos during the story, and when I went to search matchmaking all levels couldn't find a single game.

Just finished doing these 3 now. Something weird happened though, i did the first 2, no issues but i did the third one and got ~720,000(Already had over 600,000) points and there was no achievement, so i looked at the achievement app and it is apparently already unlocked. It wasn't the last time i checked and i never got a notification for it and it says it was unlocked on the 01/01/2015, which makes sense as i was playing the game at that point. Very strange. I hate when things like this happen though, it doesn't feel official since i didn't get the notification.

I'm having trouble getting 600k on 'Buck Stops Here', and I have no thought as to why. Had no issue with any other challenge related achievement but this one seems like a tricky score to meet.

I get through the first 5 stages within 20 seconds or so, but I've only managed to get up to 597k once and the rest I fall about 50k short. I've noticed that I'm getting a lot of 10k bonus points, but rarely do I get 20k and only once have I had 30k and that was because I had a big group of OD behind me before they spawned out of the window.

Am I missing something here or is this just pot luck?

I'm having trouble getting 600k on 'Buck Stops Here', and I have no thought as to why. Had no issue with any other challenge related achievement but this one seems like a tricky score to meet.

I get through the first 5 stages within 20 seconds or so, but I've only managed to get up to 597k once and the rest I fall about 50k short. I've noticed that I'm getting a lot of 10k bonus points, but rarely do I get 20k and only once have I had 30k and that was because I had a big group of OD behind me before they spawned out of the window.

Am I missing something here or is this just pot luck?

So, you get to the catapult challenge. What are you doing at this point? They should only be spawning in one spot and you can just drop Acid Sprinklers with Twist of Fate to get huge points when a nuke goes off or just use your Hairspray Bomb with Second Amendment and keep shooting the same spot.

l

So, you get to the catapult challenge. What are you doing at this point? They should only be spawning in one spot and you can just drop Acid Sprinklers with Twist of Fate to get huge points when a nuke goes off or just use your Hairspray Bomb with Second Amendment and keep shooting the same spot.

Doing all of that.

Get up to the catapults, then head to the right of the map where they all spawn out of the window - bin below and 2 cars out front. I simply keep bouncing on the cars, drop the AS's down and also spam my HB gun. All with the correct Amps, but it's worth noting that the nuke rarely goes off.

I keep getting the points/bonuses but they only give me 10k and sometimes I get 20k but because everything is dying so fast, the group is not big enough for the multiplier of points to increase enough to reach those higher numbers.

Could just be bad luck, but getting 10k very 2 odd seconds - or less depending on how many OD are killed at once -, isn't enough for the 1:50 time I've given.

l

Doing all of that.

Get up to the catapults, then head to the right of the map where they all spawn out of the window - bin below and 2 cars out front. I simply keep bouncing on the cars, drop the AS's down and also spam my HB gun. All with the correct Amps, but it's worth noting that the nuke rarely goes off.

I keep getting the points/bonuses but they only give me 10k and sometimes I get 20k but because everything is dying so fast, the group is not big enough for the multiplier of points to increase enough to reach those higher numbers.

Could just be bad luck, but getting 10k very 2 odd seconds - or less depending on how many OD are killed at once -, isn't enough for the 1:50 time I've given.

That does seem odd. I did exactly the same, except i grinded along the power line that runs adjacent to the building, dropping Acid Sprinklers and pretty much non stop Hair Spray bombs. With mine though, i'd say the Nukes were very common given that it's supposedly an uncommon thing. They were going off all the time. I finished with over 700,000 just doing this on my first attempt, so it's strange that it's not working on yours.

Maybe you're just getting unlucky with the nukes or something.

l

Doing all of that.

Not sure what to tell you. I did exactly that, but I managed to get over 1 million points. I put two Acid Sprinklers in front of that window and would just occasionally shoot a few Hairspray Bombs. If you don't use Acid Sprinklers, spam the hell out of the Hairspray Bomb. I also didn't bounce on a car, I was grinding on the power lines.

I have no clue as to why, but I attempted it on the rails and I got the achievement. I did nothing different other than this, but I got a score of 884k and my nukes went off a lot more.

I cannot see why this happened just by going from boucing to grinding, but it worked. Cheers guys.

Could be that grinding along you aren't getting hit and restarting the kill count?

• 3 months later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official XboxAchievements.com Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official XboxAchievements.com Sunset Overdrive / DLC: Title Update 1 Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!