Re-installed Win 8, GFWL games crashing on start-up

sanger

• 2 weeks later...
It seems some GFWL client or something is not working correctly for me. Non GFWL games work fine, but GFWL games crash right after launching. I've tried Dead Rising 2 Off the Record and Kane & Lynch so far. Anybody else experience this issue and found a resolution?

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling gfwl client. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/4241-73-gfwl-working-windows

If it doesn't work follow the bit about windows 7 compatability.

If it doesn't work, or you have any issues, repeat step 1 and then before installing, right-click, go to properties, change compatibility to "Windows 7", save and exit. Then right-click the installer and choose "Run as administrator".

Thank you for all the suggestions. I got the game running with GFWL enabled. Now, another problem is that I cannot complete downloading my profile. I tried the netsh command, rebooting PC, etc, but the connection just seems to reset itself after about 5 minutes. Any help would be appreciated for this issue.

I am so glad they got rid of this GFWL thing and went the integration + app store way.

Is it a desktop or a laptop? If it's a laptop, try plugging a ethernet in. On one of my friends wifi my laptop won't let me connect to the Microsoft marketplace or certain games. If it's a desktop try disabling everything "protecting" your computer while you download your profile.

I am so glad they got rid of this GFWL thing and went the integration + app store way.
Eh, didn't really like what they did with Windows 8, it was basically just phone games on PC. Love the direction Windows 10 is heading though.

Is it a desktop or a laptop? If it's a laptop, try plugging a ethernet in. On one of my friends wifi my laptop won't let me connect to the Microsoft marketplace or certain games. If it's a desktop try disabling everything "protecting" your computer while you download your profile.

Eh, didn't really like what they did with Windows 8, it was basically just phone games on PC. Love the direction Windows 10 is heading though.

Thanks for the suggestion. It's a desktop with Ethernet plugged in. I will try your suggestion of disabling all protection and see if that goes any better.