30 headshots solo challenge

SpinelesS

Please don't tell me there is a harder solo challenge than this...

Anyone got any tips to do this one? I can only get up to the mid to low twenties.

Could really use a good path to follow...

EDIT: Got it :)

I got 15 in the main area and then moved on to the ramp behind the bus you start on for the last 15.

Took my time and shot from hip, except when volatiles appeared, then I shot like crazy so I either got a headshot or killed it quickly.

During the starting countdown I would aim at the brute nearest the bus and fire twice when the buzzer sounded getting 2 headshots right off the bat (1 from the brute and 1 from the biter behind him)

I'm pretty sure my headcount went up when I shot a biter in its head and it didn't exploded, and that If I shot them a 2nd time, their head exploded and I got another point. I only looked at a glance though, so I could be wrong (everybody else seems to believe you don't get a point if the head doesn't explode...)

I got it around midday, when there was less glare from the sun, but another good time to attempt this is just before nightfall (with your torch on of course) as the biters are a lot more docile. (can't be done during the night).

Path I took:

2 shots to brute nearest bus

fall off bus on opposite side and walk to between bus and car bomb.

get 15 head shots

run behind bus to ramp (avoiding having to jump over fire)

get remaining 15 head shots

Edited by SpinelesS

Please don't tell me there is a harder solo challenge than this...

Anyone got any tips to do this one? I can only get up to the mid to low twenties.

Could really use a good path to follow...

What makes this challenge frustratingly difficult is that sometimes the headshots were not counting for a friend and I. The spawning is also inconsistent and at times there were not enough zombies to make this challenge realistic. I'm not saying that it's impossible but we could not do it with two people because the more players you have, the less amount of time they give you. In our experience, more players did you really make these challenges easier. I've had better luck by myself. After about 30-40 minutes we moved on and figured we'd try again later.

Are there any potions that you can craft that slows time or makes aiming more precise? I have not made many potions but I only remember there being ones for stamina, agility, etc.

Yeah this was the most difficult challenge. What worked for me was aim down your sights and take your time. They're two Goons each take four headshots to kill so shoot one he will slam his hammer down and then shoot the other one. After that shoot a regular zombie and repeat, until both Goons are dead (Take note that the Goon's hammer slam will kill regular zombies.) You should roughly be at 12. Once the starting area has been mostly cleared go up the ramp to the freeway and kill the zombies there. I wouldn't bother trying to get a headshot on the virals just kill them quickly and go for regular zombies. Once you cleared the ramp you should be around 26 from there just try to get stragglers from the starting area. If you’re running out of time and need that last few headshots aim high and fire from the hip as it is pretty accurate.

I did all the challenges on my channel you can view this challenge here:

I failed miserably the first time and found out that if you shoot a zombie in the face from a far distance it won't count as a headshot even though you shot him in the head. So get relatively close to zombies before shooting them. That is the best I can do without being in-game with you. It is a very frustrating challenge, which takes a lot of luck to beat.

Yeah this was the most difficult challenge. What worked for me was aim down your sights and take your time. They're two Goons each take four headshots to kill so shoot one he will slam his hammer down and then shoot the other one. After that shoot a regular zombie and repeat, until both Goons are dead (Take note that the Goon's hammer slam will kill regular zombies.) You should roughly be at 12. Once the starting area has been mostly cleared go up the ramp to the freeway and kill the zombies there. I wouldn't bother trying to get a headshot on the virals just kill them quickly and go for regular zombies. Once you cleared the ramp you should be around 26 from there just try to get stragglers from the starting area. If you’re running out of time and need that last few headshots aim high and fire from the hip as it is pretty accurate.

I did all the challenges on my channel you can view this challenge here:

I failed miserably the first time and found out that if you shoot a zombie in the face from a far distance it won't count as a headshot even though you shot him in the head. So get relatively close to zombies before shooting them. That is the best I can do without being in-game with you. It is a very frustrating challenge, which takes a lot of luck to beat.

That's what I was somewhat referring to above. Sometimes headshots wouldn't count and I agree it has something to do with the distance you are from the zombie. Pretty stupid.

My experience is as long as you headshot and blow the heads out. It will count, regardless of the distance.

My tips is to use the Goons to get 4-6 shots each. Like abovementioned, shoot one goon, then the other, then 1-2 biters and repeat until you get everyone around the bus area. Then hop off the bus and shoot those in the bus. They are quite easy to get. Then go up the freeway ramp. No tricks here but those on here should give you enough counts.

Also, shoot while aiming down the sight. Switch between hip and sight constantly to aim faster. Make good use of aim assist.

Sometimes you will one shot kill the Goon. You are screwed. Don't waste your effort trying on that round.

Things that make this difficult for me are virals and the rifle being too strong.

Also, I find that there are challenges that are similarly difficult for me. Hopefully not for you.

Also, I find that there are challenges that are similarly difficult for me. Hopefully not for you.

Only 14% into the game, doing every challenge/sidequest before moving on with the story (this was the last one I had to do and now I can continue on :p)

The only other challenge I have had any real trouble with so far was the Cleave in half one. Had to go out and kill a bunch of zombies at night to level up power so I could purchase the windmill skill. That and firecrackers made it a lot easier. (recommend using bandages while Jeff is talking once you pass it...)

The Running challenges at the Old Town could be a bit challenging if you do them right away, like I did. But if you max out Agile (get Tier 3 and preferably get Ultimate Runner), it will make most of them a lot easier. The Combat challenges, as far as I can remember, are not that hard if you know the tricks to them, except for this headshot one.

I remember googling for two challenges. One is this. The other being the Leg Breaker, which turns out to be pretty easy. I just didn't think of crouching.

There should be at least 8 hazmat zombies, so you should be able to beat the challenge without the explosions killing any other zombies. Just make sure you just shoot the tank and not the hazmat suit zombie. If the hazmat zombie dies it won't count when it explodes so its very important you just shoot the tank. Just jump from bus to bus and shoot the tanks. If you want to see how I did it go to 12:55 in the youtube video. Hope it helps.

Edited by LackedV

There should be at least 8 hazmat zombies, so you should be able to beat the challenge without the explosions killing any other zombies. Just make sure you just shoot the tank and not the hazmat suit zombie. If the hazmat zombie dies it won't count when it explodes so its very important you just shoot the tank. Just jump from bus to bus and shoot the tanks. If you want to see how I did it go to 12:55 in the youtube video. Hope it helps.

This, and try to use firecrackers to lure them away so they have their back on you.

My experience is as long as you headshot and blow the heads out. It will count, regardless of the distance.

Ifyou shoot those on the higway from the bus it don't register, zombie need to be aware of your presence/moving. If you throw firecracker at zombie andd they don't move killing them won't register combat point (outside of challenge)

My tips is to use the Goons to get 4-6 shots each. Like abovementioned, shoot one goon, then the other, then 1-2 biters and repeat until you get everyone around the bus area. Then hop off the bus and shoot those in the bus. They are quite easy to get. Then go up the freeway ramp. No tricks here but those on here should give you enough counts.

Also, shoot while aiming down the sight. Switch between hip and sight constantly to aim faster. Make good use of aim assist.

Sometimes you will one shot kill the Goon. You are screwed. Don't waste your effort trying on that round.

Things that make this difficult for me are virals and the rifle being too strong.

This isn't entitely true. Sometimes the headshots just plain don't count. A friend and I once played a round of this challenge and we were exploding heads left and right. At the end of the challenge we each had 2 points for a total of 4. We stayed on the bus the entire time and shot from a distance so I'm sure that had something to do with it. Regardless, it is definitely buggy.

Maybe it's something to do with co-op, again. I heard people are having more trouble in co-op than in single player.

But in my case, which is why I said from my experience, whenever a head explodes, it counts. And even if the zombies are not "aware" of my existence. Because I have shot many far-away biters that are standing still even after I fired a couple of times near them. I have tried the challenge 50+ times over. I am quite sure I know what happened to me.

Again, there is clearly a bug when headshots are not properly counted. And a bug makes no sense. So it could be different for every one.

Btw, kills don't count for me only when I am not involved in them. Like some random biters falling of ledges, walking into spikes, virals or humans running into fire. Whenever I did something to cause that kill, it counted. But I played this game mainly single-player. I guess it could be related to co-op or even just opening your game for co-op. Because the co-op latency had caused some quite interesting problems for me too. Like one time, I used takedown to kill a zombie dozen of times and it just kept getting right back up like it was merely knocked down. And no Points were counted whatsoever.

Awsome. Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try tonight.

You could be right, it could very well have something to do with co-op. Regardless, it's pretty frustrating.

I think I got lucky. I joined some random persons room and we started going through the Q-zones one at a time and something must of happened the first time around with the apt one. After we finished it I got the achievement. Starting to feel positive on a 100%...