Are the achievements still broken?

iiTzHoLiC

Thanks, I had no idea they patched anything. Just picked the game up today and saw a few threads from the first week in March that mentioned buggy achievements, also the Guide/Roadmap still says "damn near all" achievements are buggy so I figured I would ask.

The game was patched almost a month ago on 02/12 to fix that.

That patch didn't really fix anything. At least for most people, including me.

However, a patch that released a couple of days ago does seem to fix most of the glitched achievements. And they are fixed in a way that the achievements will pop after sometimes, apparently randomly, according to another post.

That patch didn't really fix anything. At least for most people, including me.

However, a patch that released a couple of days ago does seem to fix most of the glitched achievements. And they are fixed in a way that the achievements will pop after sometimes, apparently randomly, according to another post.

Lol. That doesn't sound like much of a fix either. I'll have to pop the game in this weekend when I get some time and see if anything happens for me.

Lol. That doesn't sound like much of a fix either. I'll have to pop the game in this weekend when I get some time and see if anything happens for me.

Well, at least they do pop if you have completed the requirements.

Lucky for me I spared the time to work around them already. So I don't have to figure out how to get them popped after this patch.

3 are still broken for me, save 15 survivors from rais' men, Quarantines, and side quests. My statistics show only did 6 quarantines but entered all a 2nd time and no objectives pop up. Statistics show i saved 20 men and quests showing I missed 2 which i remember doing them, although maybe i exited game without finishing completely

Edited by Breedhate68

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
going through the game now all side quests done and at the end of the story, i have about 8 cheevos left to get and not one has failed to pop that i have gone for including Italian Plumber :dance:

For what it's worth, I just recently decided to give DL another chance, and Italian Plumber won't unlock at all. I had specifically stashed a couple of wrenches way back in like ~Feb for this purpose.

I can vault any number of zombies, either landing on their head or another head, successfully smashing it to goop on the ground with the wrench: No cheevo. No other sources of damage in all cases, just to be safe.

It's no big deal, since so many other bugs still exist in the game (just like DI1 & 2) that I didn't come back to 1000 this game either... Just to finish it. At least it's playable now, so long as you don't take it too seriously.

Oh, man, I had to comment just because of what you said about Dead Island 1 & 2. Fucked out of SO MANY achievement points, argh, frustrating.

Surprised Italian Plumber won't work for you. What is the exact name of the weapon(s) you are using?

Hrm... Good question. It's something like "Plumbing Wrench (Modified)". I don't think there's a method to de-modify something.

I'll take a look in my stash to see if there's a plain "wrench".

This is confirmed (as of a few days ago): "Pipe Wrench" works, but apparently NOT a Modified one.

I was worried that I wouldn't find any more wrenches, but the side quest that puts you in a warehouse full of train cars to find three <whatevers> has a kind of hard to find series of side rooms along the entire back wall. There were three of the upgraded basic biters who each had forms of pipe wrenches. As soon as I got back outside I picked a standard biter and did the vault + drop attack -- cheevo instantly unlocked.

The game is certainly still buggy, but so far so good on achievements and tracking. (...but much like both previous games, I AB-SO-LUTELY expect to get robbed of the 100% side quests YET AGAIN. :) )