Achievements Carry Over?

I would be surprised if all the achievements carried over

I'm also torn as to what I would rather have

One one hand getting all the achievements instantly would be awesome

but on the other hand it would be fun to be able to play through the games again and get all the achievements again with a new character.

I haven't decided if I'm going to be getting the collection yet, borderlands is one of my favorite series but I just don't know if I have the time to play them both again

Trophies and Achievements will also not transfer over and will need to be re-earned.

Huh, so I guess everybody will have to re-level up to 50 and complete all the challenges again.

At least you'll be able to knock out the ability achievements if you have each character leveled up enough and transfer them over :rolleyes:

The achievements won't "transfer" but many should still auto-unlock if you have a character that meets the requirements. I don't think everyone is going to need to start completely fresh and level new characters, in other words. But, I think a lot of the work will need to be done again.

I heard from a friend that the achievements carryover. However, I am not 100% sure on this since the game has not been released as of yet. If anything though, my guess is that the list is going to be shared, but who knows as of yet since Exophase has the achievements.

I heard from a friend that the achievements carryover. However, I am not 100% sure on this since the game has not been released as of yet. If anything though, my guess is that the list is going to be shared, but who knows as of yet since Exophase has the achievements.

Your friend is wrong, considering the developer said they will not carry over.

Once I joined someones game with a 62 character the level achievements popped. Once I traveled to Sanctuary the location achievements popped.

Anyone else confirm this? I'm just curious what unlocks exactly, also can achievements be unlocked using a transfered character? Or does it have to be completely new one?

So if I bring a Level 72 dude into BL2 can I get the story achievements and DLC stuff etc?

If anyone has transfered and had some experience please post your findings.

I'd also like to know how many characters can you actually transfer, can you send all 6 from BL2 etc?

Edited by Evo Kazz

Looking at unlocks on TA, it seems like a lot of things unlock in the base game on their own (locations, applicable gear, levels ((for some)), etc), and the Challenge one evidently unlocks when continuing along any Challenge line, but anything Quest-related and DLC stuff isn't unlocking by itself and must be re-earned. Sorta funny that the only achievements nobody on TA has are related to Hammerlock's DLC. Don't blame 'em. That DLC sucks :(

Looking at unlocks on TA, it seems like a lot of things unlock in the base game on their own (locations, applicable gear, levels ((for some)), etc), and the Challenge one evidently unlocks when continuing along any Challenge line, but anything Quest-related and DLC stuff isn't unlocking by itself and must be re-earned. Sorta funny that the only achievements nobody on TA has are related to Hammerlock's DLC. Don't blame 'em. That DLC sucks :(

Worst DLC of the 4!

Anyone else confirm this? I'm just curious what unlocks exactly, also can achievements be unlocked using a transfered character? Or does it have to be completely new one?

So if I bring a Level 72 dude into BL2 can I get the story achievements and DLC stuff etc?

If anyone has transfered and had some experience please post your findings.

I'd also like to know how many characters can you actually transfer, can you send all 6 from BL2 etc?

I'm with you on this. I'd love to see what doesn't unlock so I can decide on whether it's worth a repurchase. I played this game to death so the grind is not something I want to think about.

Hopefully someone can list them so it's easier to see.