A Familiar VA...?

Floyd.

its nothing new really to hear familiar voice actors. you know how many different games i play and recognise snows voice actor or serahs

even in anime il hear voice actors from games iv played in anime

like nero from dmc 4 is ichigo bleach

rita from tales of vesperia is rukia bleach

serah from ff13 is saints row 3 and 4 voice actor 1 female i shit you not this voice actor is in 33 games i have played

snow from ff13 is also saints row 3 and 4 actor 1 male

its suprising how much voice actors get around

lightnings voice actor is also in mass effect and dragon age inquisition

Edited by Lewie B I ReQ

You'll hear a lot of the same voice actors in things, Liam O'Brien pops up everywhere for example, which is fine because he's an amazing voice actor, I generally watch anime in Japanese so I don't hear video game characters in that but you'll often hear the same Japanese voice actors over more than one anime too.

It's not recycling at all, it's just the same as a director using the same actors for multiple films, voice actors need work, the voice actor for Lightning did a good job so why not continue to use her for other games? It is a little weird though as this is set in the same world as XIII but not a huge deal.

It is a little weird though as this is set in the same world as XIII

This was my point. I've played a shit ton of JRPGs and am very used to hearing the same people over and over, but hearing the same person play multiple roles is just lazy. Hearing Troy Baker voice Snow after I had played Tales of Vesperia three times was almost game breaking for me. I couldn't not see Yuri every time Snow talked, haha.

You're welcome. If I spoke Japanese, I would totally use the original VAs (as the mouth syncing was not adapted for the English release), but I find subtitles annoying.

im with everyone when they say japanese voice actors are better. they put more emotion into it.......but my hate for subtitles is too great. i hate subtitles with a damn passion. i would only ever put up with subbed anime or what ever if it was literally the only way to watch it

im with everyone when they say japanese voice actors are better. they put more emotion into it.......
As someone that watches subbed anime and put both this game and the demo on Japanese upon booting them up, that's bullshit.

The voice directors are just shit at picking talent and it's hard to coordinate with VA's because they're all over the fucking place. If they're recording in New York, it's too expensive to fly someone from Cali all the way over to have them record for however many weeks it takes.

The statement that Japanese actors act better/act more is bullshit.

I'm a purist so I do my best to play a game (or watch videos) in its original intended language.

well i guess it depends really. say like ninja gaiden for example ryu sounds much better with a japanese voice actor it feels like hes putting more effort into the screams of his attacks lol.

i said it the wrong way really i didnt mean japanese actors were always out right better actors but usually in anime and games the japanese actors sounded better (apart from dragon ball z i cant stand that in japanese) or at least in my opinion they usually sound better. id have japanese on more if i didnt hate subtitles so much.