- Offline: 4 [165:gsicon:]

- Online: 0

- Approximate amount of time to 165:gsicon:: 6-10hrs

- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

- Missable achievements: Firestarter and Legend-Marked

- Does difficulty affect achievements: No

- Unobtainable/glitched achievements: No

- Extra equipment needed?: None

Introduction: Welcome to Jaws of Hakkon, the first official DLC for Dragon Age: Inquisition. This downloadable content brings your Inquisitor and his or her party far south on a mission to discover lost truths of the Inquisitor before. In this mountain-strewn land, you will find new friends and foes alike, uncover secrets hidden to the world of Thedas, become an integral part of an Avvar conflict, and if you're lucky, you might even get some upgrades to your gear.

If you haven't completed the full game first, it is highly recommended that you do, even though this DLC doesn't quite touch upon the events from the main story. The enemies here are quite powerful (starting in the early 20s), and if you haven't completed the original game, you might struggle a bit in combat; even after dropping the difficulty. Be prepared for a steep learning curve compared to what you last fought.

Abbreviated Walkthrough: First on the to-do list will be Firestarter and Historian; please refer to my description for the former, and the latter will unlock through progressing the story. Next up are Legend-Marked and Winter's End; once again, please refer to my description for the former, and the latter will unlock through progressing the story. All-in-all, there aren't many things to focus on, and you should have this done within approximately 10hrs.

Mop-Up: There will be no mop-up. You must follow the descriptions to obtain the two achievements not related to the story, and the other two will unlock on their own. Please make sure you either make multiple saves or know the achievements before you must obtain them as two of them are missable.

Conclusion: Even though this isn't the DLC that will shed any light on the ending of the main story line, it's a well thought-out, expansive new zone full of vibrant characters, new enemies and gear, and a lengthy enough story of it's own to warrant the full asking price.

Edited by Floyd.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2805/99873-lo.jpg Firestarter 15:gsicon:

Destroy all the Winter Shards and light all the fires in the Old Temple

There are a total of 15 required fires and Winter Shards for this quest, all within the Old Temple (an area you will access through regular story progression); if you encounter Shards outside of it, they will not lend progress towards the achievement, so no need to focus on them. You must bring a Rogue with you, as there is a locked door required to be opened in the Temple. A Mage is not required to light the fires.

Create a new save outside the Old Temple. Once you have entered, make sure to travel through each area possible, counting or ticking off how many Shards and fires you have destroyed or lit. If you are not at 12 by the time you reach the boss, you have missed one/some, so head back and find them. During the boss fight, he will spawn three Winter Shards, so destroy them each time to pop the achievement.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2805/99874-lo.jpg Legend-Marked 30:gsicon:

Impress the Avvar of Stone-Bear Hold and gain their friendship

Near the beginning of this DLC, you will be tasked with speaking to the Avvar leader, Svarah Sun-Hair. She is located in the middle of the Hold, just inside the mountain off to the side of where there are Avvar practicing either their climbing or combat prowess. Head in to her, follow the dialogue, and trigger the quest Guests of the Hold; this will provide you a tracker of 0/5 towards impressing them. The list of potential quests to get 5/5 are as listed below:

A Father's Name - Obtained from the young man beside the Master of the Hunt in the Hold, directly up the hill from Svarah Sun-Hair and before the Arena Master. At the quest's end, you must choose to give the offering to the Master of the Hunt and not the son in order to receive approval.

In Exile - On the western side of the zone is an Avvar who is, you guessed it: in exile. Speak with her to obtain the quest.

Up and Away - Obtained from an NPC in the fisherman's village just south of the Hold after receiving Guests of the Hold.

Hakkon's Trials - Obtained from the Arena Master just up the path from the Master of the Hunt and the NPC who gives you A Father's Name.

On top of these, there are also two War Table missions that can provide approval ratings:

Send Relics of Tyrdda Bright-Axe - If you have already found all the landmarks in the Hinterlands and completed the War Table mission Locate Weapon of Tyrdda Bright-Axe, this will be available after receiving Guests of the Hold.

Send Skywatcher to Stone-Bear Hold - At the end of the Fallow Mire questline, Skywatcher will be an NPC who can be recruited into the Inquisition and sent to the Hold.

Once you have completed five of the required quests and gotten the 5/5 approval rating, you must complete the DLC and then revisit Svarah Sun-Hair. Progress through the dialogue to unlock the achievement.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2805/99875-lo.jpg Historian 30:gsicon:

Uncover the secrets of a legendary figure

Story-related. Unmissable.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2805/99876-lo.jpg Winter's End 90:gsicon:

Dispel a myth of ancient days

Story-related. Unmissable.

Edited by Floyd.

One small one.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2805/99874-lo.jpg Legend-Marked 30:gsicon:

Impress the Avvar of Stone-Bear Hold and gain their friendship

In Exile - On the western side of the zone is an Avvar who is, you guessed it: in exile. Speak with him to obtain the quest.

It's a woman who is in exile. At least, it was for me. So I'd change to "Speak with her…"

----

I'd also suggest noting that you need a Mage for Firestarter in order to actually light the fires!

That's pretty much it :biglaugh

I don't think Firestarter is missable. I thought that I've looked at every inch in the temple and when i defeated Hakkon (in the temple) and didn't got my achievement I was kinda depressed. But after that almost two-day-long-nightmare-fight I went back to the temple after collecting 3 of the 5 memories and surprise! I forgot one fire. And bam, there's my achievement!

Well it maybe could still be missable, if you kill the boss before you destroyed the ice shards in the boss fight, because as soon as the boss dies, they'll most likely despawn, but I think, that this would still count... so not missable?

I would need more confirmation to alter that. Guide updated to reflect completion time, as I did it in under 6hrs. Shorter than I expected.

Also, a Mage was not required to light the fires. I did them all with my Rogue. However, there are schematics to be found with Veilfire, so a Mage would be needed for those. If you're traveling without a Mage in the first place... c'mon, now. You know better than that.

Edited by Floyd.

• 1 month later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Andrew x360a and has been published as the Official XboxAchievements.com Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official XboxAchievements.com Dragon Age: Inquisition / DLC: Jaws of Hakkon Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

I have 4 of 5 approvals for the legend marked achievement. Right not I have to wait 20 hours for a mission to end in the war table for me to get my fifth. But I was wondering if I get a point just for beating the last mission of the dlc? I just want to know if I should stop playing the dlc and wait for the war mission to end or could I beat the dlc and still get the achievement?

I have 4 of 5 approvals for the legend marked achievement. Right not I have to wait 20 hours for a mission to end in the war table for me to get my fifth. But I was wondering if I get a point just for beating the last mission of the dlc? I just want to know if I should stop playing the dlc and wait for the war mission to end or could I beat the dlc and still get the achievement?

I don't think beating the DLC gains approval. Those points listed in the guide are pretty much the only ways to gain the tribe's approval. Wait that mission out!

But I am almost certain that you can beat the DLC's last story mission, then once the War Table mission ends, you'll have your last point which means you can go back to her and you should be able to get the Legend-Marked achievement.

• 2 months later...
Small note regarding Legend-Marked: In the quest In Exile, you must choose to convince Sigrid to confess to the Augur at the end. If you choose to recruit her to the Inquisition instead, you won't again an approval point.

Thanks for this, stupidly recruited her but had a save just before so was able to reload.