has the online co op update been delayed?

tried today no online co op, had no update. thought it might release later in the day but resident evil . net says

Xbox One online events can be played only after an update has been installed for Resident Evil Revelations 2, which will be released within the next few days.

RE NET apologizes for any inconvenience.

(Events for other platforms will be available from April 1.

bolded part pretty much says its delayed

Huh good question. Went into raid today and still no update. I really don't care much since I'm busy with the coming CODAW and SUNSET OD DLCs.

Unless they implement a few more coop stages...

friend of mine isnt buying the game until we can do coop story and raid, hes not getting it at all if story mode doesnt get coop.

i wanna play the game in coop too cba playing with the A.i or by myself in raid lol

EDIT

online for just xbox one has been delayed but will be up asap.

they said they are gonna make the code red stages harder and will be adding weekly challenges n stuff

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2015/03/31/online-raid-mode-weekly-events-and-other-tweaks-arrive-as-part-of-free-rer2-update

Need help clawing through some of the later Raid missions? Starting this morning you can invite a friend along for the ride and tackle those tougher gauntlets together! And if you've spent the past few weeks leveling up and creating a crazy character loadout, feel free to help some of the lower-tier folks get on your level. PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and PC players can start right now - Xbox One is taking a little more time to complete, but it should be up and running shortly. We apologize for the wait and will have an update soon.

In addition to enabling Online play, this Title Update will also up the difficulty of all the "Code Red" stages in Raid Mode. After applying the update you'll be able to test your might against these harder stages just by being online.

Today's title update also includes the ability to invite a friend directly into a Raid session, set up a "Quick Match" that pairs you with another player searching for the same parameters OR create/search for your own session. You'll also notice a "news feed" style crawl on the Main Menu and Raid Mode vestibule that posts updates from ResidentEvil.net.

And speaking of ol' residentevil.net, the first two weekly events start April 1!

This is on RE.net https://www.residentevil.net/en/onlineevent-rev2-xbox360.html

[ATTACH]9024[/ATTACH]

EDIT: What a brutal downscale, thanks XA

Along with 20 new unlockables. So basically you just need to complete the stage at the lowest level possible. Anyone know which stage exactly?

Edit: Never mind I fucking found it, in tiny letters all the way down at the bottom. :rolleyes:

• Events can be played by selecting "Event Missions" from the deploy menu in Raid Mode.
  • If you have the digital edition, you must own this event's chapter in order to play this event.

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

Along with 20 new unlockables. So basically you just need to complete the stage at the lowest level possible. Anyone know which stage exactly?

Edit: Never mind I fucking found it, in tiny letters all the way down at the bottom. :rolleyes:

• Events can be played by selecting "Event Missions" from the deploy menu in Raid Mode.
  • If you have the digital edition, you must own this event's chapter in order to play this event.

did the update come out or something? i dont see event missions anywhere? is the coop in?

Story was announced as Local Online. That's just the way it is. I assume because player 2 is just support and not holding a gun they made it a local thing where your buddy can drop in play till he gets bored of following you and drop out.

Raid's How to play area is all updated I see with info regarding online so I was confused on why I actually couldn't play online. I see now it's been delayed.

so is it still not coop yet? i havent played another game since dark souls 2 came out lol

4gamer interviewed the 3 producers for the PC release at the end of february. For those who don't speak japanese, they said there won't be online co-op for story mode, on any platform. Period.

It's ludicrous. A friend of mine bought this game to play it with me after reading everywhere that story co-op was coming, he was told so in his game shop, and now we're screwed, especially him. He doesn't have much money, wanted to take it back, but couldn't because the box was opened. Game is brand new and they're offering half price for it because he played it for 2 days before realizing there was no co-op. Ridiculous...

I don't even want to play Survival or the other modes since the AI is absolute garbage. I know fucking Moira is fucking going to fucking get me fucking killed (I speak like her now). Haven't been that disappointed with a game since The Evil Within, but at least when I screwed up in the latter, it was my own damn fault.

Edited by Asturgis

Not to be rude but they said before launch that Story was never going to have Online co-op. Online was Raid only.

They said it in Gameinformer and they said it during one of the interviews before the game launched.

I'm shocked to see so many people who were sitting around waiting for it. I don't think they ever gave a reason for it but seeing as how player 2 is a drop in - drop out support character they probably didn't feel a reason to implement a full on online for a support character who isn't even using guns.

You're not being rude buddy, but I've read a lot of articles saying online was coming for story mode as well, after all the bitching started, and I think a lot of us got played because of misinformation. Capcom must have released info at some point, maybe in an interview, that online support was being released soon, and part of the press assumed it was for campaign as well, which was false :(

Not to be rude but they said before launch that Story was never going to have Online co-op. Online was Raid only.

They said it in Gameinformer and they said it during one of the interviews before the game launched.

I'm shocked to see so many people who were sitting around waiting for it. I don't think they ever gave a reason for it but seeing as how player 2 is a drop in - drop out support character they probably didn't feel a reason to implement a full on online for a support character who isn't even using guns.

i never heard any news on the story not getting coop. admittedly i never watch interviews i find them boring and usually long but stil they must not of been very loud about it for it to only be mentioned in an interview and a website i happen to not use.

Haha okay that make sense. It must be a miscommunication with other websites reporting news.

I just didn't want you guys thinking I was being a dick by saying Online campaign was never announced.

Capcom was clear at the beginning that campaign was a local experience. It's not your fault you guys thought it was coming. It was poor news circulation.

I mean of course im upset campaign is local only but I knew to never expect online. That really sucks for people who bought it believing campaign online was coming.