Official Bitching Thread

1. Fish with your 'white' rod.

2. 'Catch' a Map in a Bottle and open it.

3. Find the related treasure chest.

4. Keep doing so until you open a treasure chest with a purple fishing rod.

5. Return to fishing for your rank 5 fish.

Using Krill and a purple rod, you'll reel in the rank 5 fish far easier.

This link should help :)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Fish with your 'white' rod.

2. 'Catch' a Map in a Bottle and open it.

3. Find the related treasure chest.

4. Keep doing so until you open a treasure chest with a purple fishing rod.

5. Return to fishing for your rank 5 fish.

Using Krill and a purple rod, you'll reel in the rank 5 fish far easier.

This link should help :)

*hugs* Always the brightest spot for me. You! I got 7 last night and went through five following that guide without luck for much. It gives a ton of items but no shiny new fishing rod yet. I have 2 more I'm going to try after work. I'm also trying to push through my GF and DC since my GF is the only one to go through FBI so far.

I did manage to get one of the fish you can gut for artifact resources.

*hugs* Always the brightest spot for me. You!

Ha! Thanks, Des! :hug:

I got 7 last night and went through five following that guide without luck for much. It gives a ton of items but no shiny new fishing rod yet.

Same. I've got all sorts of goodies, but no epic rod yet. I think I opened about 5 so far, so hopefully I score one today.

I did manage to get one of the fish you can gut for artifact resources.

I got a refinement stone out of one of the treasure chests worth 250K RP, but you got yours from gutting a fish? How so?

Same. I've got all sorts of goodies, but no epic rod yet. I think I opened about 5 so far, so hopefully I score one today.

I got a refinement stone out of one of the treasure chests worth 250K RP, but you got yours from gutting a fish? How so?

I forget which ones, but there are 4 levelb4 fish that have an open option that guts them

I mean it. :)

That site is a page I have been frequenting as of late for tips.

Tier IV fish include the ones that can be gutted for special resources. Check your collection or the above picture and make sure your location has the Ventdiver, Runechanged Nautiloid, Icebound Whelk or Myrmidon available.

What each fish gives for gutting:

Ventdiver - Naphtha

Runechanged Nautiloid - Runechanged Ink

Icebound Whelk - Permafrost Shell

Myrmidon - Diluted Vitriol.

Here's a map of the locations of the fish. MAP CLICKY LINKY THINGY

Edited by Odessa

Well, I fired up Neverwinter again the other day because I do keep telling myself I will someday get the achievements (yeah, right). Not played since last September.

I could have sworn my main toon was just over 3000 IL but logging in it is only 2950 IL or so:think:.

What the hell has happened to AD though? I need to read up on the game again to find out what is going on. I thought I was getting AD from praying then noticed it is some %age bullshit, what is that?

Tried Prophecy of Madness in the hope that it had improved since I last ran it (still haven't got the achievements). Nope, not for me anyhow. Wondered why we were struggling immensely to even get bronze then saw that the other people running it were IL 1300 - 1600 - not a chance. My lowly Paladin even came out top on damage too, not surprisingly.

Playing through the Storm King stuff and not really enjoying it, just don't find it as good as some of the other campaigns. I do like the look of some of the campaign boons though.

So, hopefully I'll knuckle down and play it for a couple of months. Or, until my VIP runs out. As a bonus I still had enough ADs laid around to buy three months of VIP.

14 treasure maps later... no boat. *pouts* I also managed to catch every fish in the zone, minus the Sea Deva. WTF... I tried fishing without any area circle and in the fishing daily zone. No luck.

Tried a CN and got +1 rings out of each chest. I think I'm just gonna skip any chest I dont have a key for. I simply don't have the RNG luck in this game.

Last night I ran heroics in the new area for an hour and a half. Rank 5 enchantments, some volinblod and currency. :| I got more items from treasure maps than the heroics...

What the hell has happened to AD though? I need to read up on the game again to find out what is going on. I thought I was getting AD from praying then noticed it is some %age bullshit, what is that?

They removed AD from invoking and added a bonus to the AD you make for invoking. It pretty much stopped all progression for me and my alts since I am not one to run dungeons or skirmishes. I prefer to run around and do dailies, etc...

It seems if you are fishing in an HE then the dragon turtle will eat your fish you are reeling in getting rid of your bait.

I just got 1 5 during the daily and one right after. It will be slow, but don't see it being too bad.

I was lucky to get a purple rod at the second bottle i opened so it did help.

So far i have been able to get 4 rank 5 fish... 4/50 :rolleyes:

I have no patience for this, staying in one spot doing nothing but wait and push a couple button... its so boring. It seem to be totally random tough, today i got 2 rank 5 but no bottle while the other days i was gettings lots of bottles but often no rank 5...

But if you give the choice ill pick the rank 5 for sure. It will take a while indeed... they really pushed that achievements..

Its again because of the peoples that abuse and run 30 alternates and would just basically get AD for doing nothing... So now the way it work, is that what you would previously earn by praying is kinda put in a bank, and when you run something that give AD, part of it is added. For exemple instead of earning 4500 for weeklies, i earn usually 6k +

Its also true for salvaging. But they also decreased the value of blue items (inscreased the purples tough)

The game always change so if you stop for months yes when you come back you will realize its different lol

I got a purpie pole today. Had 17 purpie fish before that. Grind grind grind. :/

There is no denying it does gives good stuff and all, but at some point im not even considering this "grind". Thats just boring standing still and waiting... Not exactly my definition of fun.

Im currently 6/50 , i manage to usually get 2 per day if i stay in the circle long enough but damn it get boring... Today i almost spent all my krills too... i have like 9 left. Im gonna have to wait a few days to stockpile them again. Its definately gonna be a pain to do, all for a mere 5GS, its insulting.

We haven't figured out the tr glitch.

Couldn't make sense what he was at. Don`t know if its an exploit or its leaglish but greedy bastards gone all clingy and keeping it for themselves as usual, great to be in guild that wants you to donate and as soon as new content comes out its about 10 or so keep running it themselves.

We haven't figured out the tr glitch.

Couldn't make sense what he was at. Don`t know if its an exploit or its leaglish but greedy bastards gone all clingy and keeping it for themselves as usual, great to be in guild that wants you to donate and as soon as new content comes out its about 10 or so keep running it themselves.

Yeah ... it's tough we are trying to make a concentrated effort to help people through FBI and the new raid, but it's hard when people just want to farm the. Ew content.

We were doing 7 minute 40 second runs of master Svalborg tonight. 1 Pally, 2 GFs, 3 DCs, and a combo of DPS.

Yeah ... it's tough we are trying to make a concentrated effort to help people through FBI and the new raid, but it's hard when people just want to farm the. Ew content.

We were doing 7 minute 40 second runs of master Svalborg tonight. 1 Pally, 2 GFs, 3 DCs, and a combo of DPS.

If the EW was intential, I totally agree. Ha! I am trying to push through alts so I can get them into FBI. I hear ya on helping alliance members through.

I'm so jelly you were able to assemble a solid team. A lot of the players on my guild have been focusing on PVP, so it's been tough to find the same sort of group to run with. Most will just run the usual dungeons.

If the EW was intential, I totally agree. Ha! I am trying to push through alts so I can get them into FBI. I hear ya on helping alliance members through.

I'm so jelly you were able to assemble a solid team. A lot of the players on my guild have been focusing on PVP, so it's been tough to find the same sort of group to run with. Most will just run the usual dungeons.

No, EW was meant to be NEW. My iPad likes to cut of "n"s. But I can see where some don't like it.

We've been hollering out in Alliance chat when running. MSVA.

I guess I'm not on when you are running it. I've been trying to find a group for when I'm on but it seems like I might have to wait until the weekend. I can go on CW, DC and GF so it's a matter of what's needed. :/

Nice. We've been doing runs at starting st 4:15 pm est. some of us ran a bunch this morning. Another group seems to start around 9:30 pm est

Ran FBI last night. HORRIBLE lag and the chest at the end glitched on me and I wasn't able to open it. I didn't have any Legendary keys on my tank and no campaign keys... just the daily VIP key. I was quite salty to say the least. Truth be told its my least favorite dungeon in terms of time VS rewards. I am in desperate need of some AD but everyone wants to run FBI. I just hope my group gets the new skirmish open. I've been waiting to try it again but would rather not risk frustration with randoms.

If it weren't for the guild I think I'd be taking some time off til Mod 11 hit.

Ran FBI last night. HORRIBLE lag and the chest at the end glitched on me and I wasn't able to open it. I didn't have any Legendary keys on my tank and no campaign keys... just the daily VIP key. I was quite salty to say the least. Truth be told its my least favorite dungeon in terms of time VS rewards. I am in desperate need of some AD but everyone wants to run FBI. I just hope my group gets the new skirmish open. I've been waiting to try it again but would rather not risk frustration with randoms.

If it weren't for the guild I think I'd be taking some time off til Mod 11 hit.

Seriously, Odessa ... hit me up for msva runs. Dirty and I were in runs off and on all day and into the night.

We much prefer groups with alliance members because it's seems we can all communicate ... and after a try or two, things have gone smoothly. Two more groups got the no dying achievement