Good Game, Awful DLC

Anyone else really dissapointed by not just this dlc,but by the other one too?

Game was great, it had length, humour etc..

But the dlc is naff, let's be honest. Especially when you consider the price point....l

Or am in a minority here?

PS - The new orbital gun does rock though.

Edit - title error god damn ipad.

Guest Scotty

I dunno, i want to say i enjoyed them, but i think i'm likely swayed by the quick and easy achievements. I thought the humor was still there for both, especially this latest one, but compared to the main game, they didn't honestly stack up.

If you love the game, then i'd say it's worth picking them up, but for the sake of your completion percentage i'd probably go with 'wait for a sale'.

And it pains me to say it as this is one of my favourite games. But to be honest, DLC has become a cash-in now and they rarely offer anything more than a few hours worth of the same stuff you already put 20 hours into. A shame, really.

Can't forget to mention the free title updates though, they were excellent! I'll take free achievements anyday! :p

I thought both DLCs were a complete waste of money and time (even though they were short) and even I waited until buying the Pass on sale for $15.

Each DLC should have $5 a pop, AT MOST.

They could each be completed in like one hour and literally did NOTHING to supplement the storyline. They each had good humor - much like the base game - but all in all, the DLCs were both a piece of strong, solid, dark, fucking shit.

I thought the DLCs were ok

I don't mind what I paid for them (got the season pass on sale) but I wasn't blown away or anything. I like the new weapons from this last one, the mooil rig weapons were not exciting. Also unlike a lot of people I thought the boss battles were actually a lot of fun for both of them.

Overall I'm not super disappointed and I enjoyed the easy achievements but I agree they could have done so much more

I don't look at it as time = money...I look at it like amount of entertainment for that time. A DLC could be 4 hours, cost $5, and still suck ass. I'm personally OK with paying for short DLCs, as long as I have some fun doing so.

Either way, you didn't get much entertainment for your time. Nothing different from the Main game particularly.

I kinda agree with Lav, I honestly think Sunset is one of the best games released on XB1 it's brilliant, but the DLC did fall short for me.

The Oil Rig DLC - I hated the layout, the map wasn't made for Chaos Mode at all, it just didn't work IMO.

Rise Of The Crap DLC - I knew I would hate this one, to me the Fizzbots were the least interesting enemies, I loved the OD, they were awesome, Fizzbots just felt like generic video game bots, although their design was nice. To have that idiot as the main boss put the nail in the coffin, plus the glitched achievement and DLC not working initially made it taste more bitter.

I think the DLCs by themselves are fun, well built and add some cool new weapons, missions and challenges.

But once you add their price point in there's definitely an issue. Probably should have been $5 each for the amount of content.

I got the game bundled with my Xbone so I'm not too miffed, basically only spent the $20 on the season pass for the whole shebang.

Completely agree. The base game was fantastic, great fun. I waited for the season pass to get a price drop before picking it up but both DLC's were really disppointing. About 1/2 hours of gameplay which were ultimately pretty boring missions. Did think the B-WIN boss was pretty good at the end of the new DLC though.

I thought the DLC was fine. Both of them.

Also I don't know what people are doing to find them so short. There's the missions, the new Chaos Squad map, new collectibles, and new challenges. After doing all that I certainly got plenty of playtime and enjoyment for my money.

The only thing I didn't like between the DLCs was that absolutely shitty orbital laser weapon. I have an arsenal of weapons that quickly dispatch enemies, so a slow to fire weapon that breaks its targeting if you get hit (and you will get hit before the POS fires and kills what you were aiming at) is absolutely what I wanted. :rolleyes: Then pour salt in the wound by not even letting use my melee attack to break open health boxes.

Oh, and then they don't even give you the weapon after the mission, they want you to buy it from Two Hat Jack. No fucking thanks, I wouldn't buy it even if I did have enough overcharge :francis:

Also I don't know what people are doing to find them so short. There's the missions, the new Chaos Squad map, new collectibles, and new challenges. After doing all that I certainly got plenty of playtime and enjoyment for my money.

The only thing I didn't like between the DLCs was that absolutely shitty orbital laser weapon. I have an arsenal of weapons that quickly dispatch enemies, so a slow to fire weapon that breaks its targeting if you get hit (and you will get hit before the POS fires and kills what you were aiming at) is absolutely what I wanted. :rolleyes: Then pour salt in the wound by not even letting use my melee attack to break open health boxes.

Oh, and then they don't even give you the weapon after the mission, they want you to buy it from Two Hat Jack. No fucking thanks, I wouldn't buy it even if I did have enough overcharge :francis:

I actually like the Orbital Laser, when maxed to Lvl 5 it's great for bigger enemies like Herkers and Fizztanks.

I feel like the quality level for the DLC was above average. It went by pretty quickly but nothing about it felt incomplete. They both had full sized areas, a proper plot with full voice work, missions that weren't just phoned in as afterthoughts, the Chaos Squad missions tried to be new and interesting rather than just repeating stuff from the originals. I mean B-Win and the sea monster were proper boss fights. A lot of DLC would just went with the quick and cheap option of recolouring a Hurker, doubling it's HP and calling it a new boss. They really treated it like main game content.

I think the only real problem with the DLC is that we've all already finished the main game and scored some sweet weapons. Any player who has made it to the end of the main story can burn through the DLC pretty quickly without even trying.

Perhaps it was a mistake to focus so much on new and fully fleshed out content? Would I have been more satisfied with DLC that took three times longer but switched half the content for long, drawn out, padding content? Personally I'm happy with the DLC even if the portions felt a little small. That said I'm a huge fan of the gameplay so I'll take any excuse to play more. I'd kill for a New Game+ mode... or even better a mod kit so fans could create missions of their own.

Yeah it's pretty hard to pull off. Even if you make a perfect tool set you end up with 10,000 My First Mission mods for every half decent entry. You set up some sort of filter system to get the best to the top, but then it becomes all about five star reviews and getting on the front page. Although I'd still love to dig into it and make my own stuff.

I ended up with a somewhat indifferent opinion of them. They were kind of what I expected to be honest. They just ended being a reason for me to play Sunset Overdrive for another hour or two. The humour was still there in my opinion, although I was not a fan of the map layouts, especially for Mooil Rig. There was also a weird difficulty spike in DotRotFM that was more frustrating than rewarding. The constant free title updates, challenges, and minor game additions in terms of weapons and costumes make it somewhat easier to swallow though.

The time/money debate is a useless one to have, because we all know that they could be worth the money if the content provided a more enjoyable experience at the same length. It's The Order 1886 all over again.

I think the DLC was aimed at hardcore Sunset Overdrive fans and community members, with the intention of selling it at a sale price to more casual players in the future.

I liked most things about this DLC. The humour was still there and we got a new area which in my opinion was better than the Mooil Rig.

I however don't like the robots that much and having them as the only enemy type basically was a bit bland.

Oh, and I disliked the rolling ball and hacking part. They were fun ideas but I thought the controls for the ball and the awkward camera angels for the hacking brought them down.

Overall it was (for me) an above average DLC and I would give it a 3/5 rating.

Best thing about it was the fun in being back in the Sunset world and not just for grinding challenges. :)

This. i was like.... you fucking serious?... i had 170,000 or so, so i had to grind challenges to afford it. and because this is the last real DLC, i wasn't going to spend the last of my overcharge on anything anyways. the orbital gun is cool though. :)