General Discussion

wo ai ni xx

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't want to start a new topic for this, but I've got a question and hope I'm not the only one confused by this...

I love jungling - the constant threat, the looming map presence, the killer assassins.

But it seems with the latest patch, it's near IMPOSSIBLE for me to keep up in levels...

I can get 4+kills or 6+assists even before ten minutes, but I always seem to be behind even the supports in terms of level

Even rotating buff spawns and harpy spawns I can never ever keep up and usually always end up last or second last to hit lvl 20.

Which is also strange because I can even hit full build before it with the gold just from killing and assisting.

Am I doing something wrong?

I think with the latest patch they reduced how much exp you get from a kill, so minions give more exp now, they also reduced the exp from mid harpey camps too. When you jump from lane to lane, try going into lanes that have no one in, for a quick lane clear, with solo exp you will jump up pretty quick.

If not, then after you have jumped out and killed someone from the jungle, stay about and clear a wave or two of minions?

I haven't really tried it after patch tho , so just going off what worked for me

I think with the latest patch they reduced how much exp you get from a kill, so minions give more exp now, they also reduced the exp from mid harpey camps too. When you jump from lane to lane, try going into lanes that have no one in, for a quick lane clear, with solo exp you will jump up pretty quick.

If not, then after you have jumped out and killed someone from the jungle, stay about and clear a wave or two of minions?

I haven't really tried it after patch tho , so just going off what worked for me

That involves staying in a lane too much and just mooching off their xp at the end of the day, lol

I don't think smite does jungling too well if im honest, well, not from this latest patch anyway...staying in a lane too much isnt jungling, at least pre patch you could stay in solo lane until around 2:30 before harpies were coming up and you would at least be about lvl 4 but now it's just constant roaming to keep up with the shorter respawns...

Even when I do superbly well in the team like earlier I had an amazing bastet match, still couldn't get ahead in levels, lol!

Also, why are people not buying HOG anymore?

ITS STILL GOOD DAMMIT

Because it doesn't hit all 3 targets no more, only the one with the most HP, also I think the jungle camps have had their hp lowered/respawn times changed ( unless that's the next patch as Xb1 behind the pc stuff )

I don't mean hang about in a lane, but a lot of people who jungle, run in for a kill then run off again, just stay for a couple seconds n clear the minions for extra exp then move on. As I said tho, I have noticed a massive diff in exp from kills now.

I played assault last night, was 8-0 within 5mins (people we played just charged in n died ) yet I was only like 1-2 levels a head of team, I must of got next to no exp for those kills, I was Kali too, so would of got more exp/gold from my target kills.

They nerfed the bluestone pendant, reduced price Qin's Sais and upped the price of The Executioner. Only things I have noticed so far lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also why is Thor an assassin anyway??

Sarcasm? if not, check his dmg, he's fkn op, on top of that his passive is disgusting, 15 physical damage for every nearby god, this is monstrous in early game...

So anywho, haven't updated general with info in forever, cause I don't really play smite so much anymore.

But! The next god looks hella interesting - insert keyword: mechanics -

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evjch5qW_nA]Sol God Reveal[/ame]

This update probably won't come for a good month or so but here's the update incoming with Sol in the future:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_2n0OUfCXw]Solar Flare Patch Notes (PC)[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...

Nu wa, bellona, and Ne zha are my mains for conquest... Though I've been playing a lot of assault lately. Been running into a few too many dickheads in conquest... Instalockers, command spammers -.- Gametypes aside from assault aren't fun for me without a team (or a friend) anymore lol

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone else feel that matchmaking has been really slow lately? It's taking over 3 min to get into a match sometimes.

The holiday AAA effect, I wouldn't expect it to rise much in the near future, except when patches are released, then there will likely be a small increase in players returning to check it out.

This is the life of console MOBAs unfortunately.

that's why I stopped playing now, takes to long to get into a game, then when you do... people quit and im left like 5v3 or worse. Shame as smite is better then most games out there atm.

I have the opposite problem I cant leave games ever. Try to startup the surrender vote cause i don't feel like wasting 30 min of a game for that is just gonna end up in failure and people immediately close it out for no reason and i do this on game where my team is doing terrible where we can't get out of spawn with out getting ganged up or the enemy team has better comp, I would quit the games but i don't want to get massive time out.

id rather people stay and lose then quit and leave me to play 5v2 or 5v3.

I'd rather people just surrender if its gone really sour, no point playing a 40 minute game that goes 50-5 and team just wont surr and other team is deliberately dragging it out.

If that happens I most definitely quit, plenty other games to play while that ban timer counts down.

• 2 weeks later...
So much for this going to be the major Moba endorsed by xbox themselves lmao

But just like a MOBA the community is getting really bad, the day i had has been terrible just trying to get ymir to R10 and every team I've ran with has been make ine mustake and were just gonna spam voice commands cause i didn't save them when they were across the map trying to take on the entire team

• 2 weeks later...
I just started getting decent with ares. I don't start with the cool down build. I've been starting with void stone is it? Gives me magical protection and power right away.

See it's a tough choice when it comes to Ares, cooldown is amazing when the enemies start building beads because with max cdr they can't keep up with the ultimate's cooldown, plus if they're not rushing beads it gives a higher rate of pulls and hard cc for laning early on

I maybe wouldn't rush the void stone, but it's definitely an item you buy when you can, however I'd prioritise - CDR>Health>Defences (magic defence rush or physical defence rush depends on enemy comp.

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while since I bothered my arse to update on patch notes or just smite info in general, not that this forum is that active anymore but I figured a heads up might be nice.

For anyone that isn't in the know, the new season is almost here.

This means patches will be the build up for whats to come, which isn't much other than:

NEW JAPANESE PANTHEON

woot

I'm a weeb, sue me.

https://www.smitegame.com/pts-patch-notes-amaterasu-the-shining-light-2-21/

Aside from introducing the first god of the new pantheon, there are a tonne of new skins incoming and a visual rework on Ne Zha!

And of course a number of balance changes, mainly aimed at post-release chiron of course, and the odd pre-worlds nerfs to try and spread out pick potentials. Not that this matters for xbone players now that worlds is over, but yeah, that's the basics. :)