Survive the Game without dying

• 2 weeks later...

I had so many cheap deaths I can't see me getting this unless there is some trick to get around it.

But it takes you straight back to the check point, so I can't see any exploit working.

Edit: Others are reporting (and have the achievement) that if you pause before you die and restart checkpoint, it doesn't count as a death. This wasn't the case on PC. Restarts there counted as a death. This makes it much more achievable

I just had a really surreal experience at the end of the game. It is a slightly strange ending anyway, Then the credits started rolling and the first 2 names listed was my name.

I was half asleep (It is after 1AM in Tasmania) and I thought it was the xbox pulling my name from my profile. Weird ;) Glad someone with my name has talent. :)

Edited by Tassie Tiger

I done this and it didn't work :(

You need to pause before you actually die. You can save yourself from a few cheap deaths but only if you know they are going to happen (like falling) just by hitting pause and restarting checkpoint. Getting killed by plants is pretty much instadeath and happens so quickly you'll probably have to restart the game.

Was excited about this game. I hate this Achievement and, ok you might say it's a shitty reason to not buy a game, but I'd get too frustrated trying to achieve it, from what I'm reading.

It's not that I don't like hard games, I do, I just don't like Achievements which messes my gameplay.

Guess I'll pass, unfortunatly.

You need to pause before you actually die. You can save yourself from a few cheap deaths but only if you know they are going to happen (like falling) just by hitting pause and restarting checkpoint. Getting killed by plants is pretty much instadeath and happens so quickly you'll probably have to restart the game.

Ah ok that makes sense then. Got killed by plants a few times and paused and quit as soon as the plant did me.

Was excited about this game. I hate this Achievement and, ok you might say it's a shitty reason to not buy a game, but I'd get too frustrated trying to achieve it, from what I'm reading.

It's not that I don't like hard games, I do, I just don't like Achievements which messes my gameplay.

that's to bad. you'll be missing out.

It really isn't that hard. Not hard at all actually..

The things that would kill you is you falling or plants killing you.

And you realize pretty quickly if you're able to make a jump or not, if you're not. Pause the game and load checkpoint.

And avoiding plants isn't hard at all. They are not moving around, so just don't step on them.

And if you want to be absolutely sure, you could always watch DerangedAsylum's video guide. Following that, there is no way you could die..

i have a question. Maybe this work and you understand what i want to ask :D

The Game has 19 Chapters.

but for example when you die in Inferno and Badlands but the Rest of the Chapters you didnt die.

Did it make sense to Replay in Newgame this Chapters without dying and get the Achievement or must it one complete Playthrough?

i have a question. Maybe this work and you understand what i want to ask :D

The Game has 19 Chapters.

but for example when you die in Inferno and Badlands but the Rest of the Chapters you didnt die.

Did it make sense to Replay in Newgame this Chapters without dying and get the Achievement or must it one complete Playthrough?

No, from my understanding, replaying the Chapters will not work. I'm pretty sure you have to have a complete run that is free of deaths. I read in some other forums that some players had tried to replay the Chapters that they died in, but when they finished the game, the achievement didn't pop for them. I didn't try this myself, though. But I would just go for a death-free run to be safe, because honestly it's not too bad. Be careful stepping around the plants, follow the green path when you can, and if you see that you're missing a jump you can quickly hit Start and then Reload Last Checkpoint (before you actually die) and you'll be fine. :)

No, from my understanding, replaying the Chapters will not work.

Youre Right. I learned it the hard way.

Buuuuut: I found a trick where works 100%. When you get killed by a Plant or Lava your game is not over then.

When you get killed press as fast as you can pause and go quickly to the Homescreen and delete ONLY your local save.

After you start the Game again the Game synches to the Cloud Save and then press Continue. You are not far away before you died. But it count NOT as a dead.

I got a stupid death by a plant in the Green Area near the End. After i deleted my local save and continued the Game to the End my Achivement popped.

When you are too slow with deleting the local save it can happen that it synch with your cloud save and then you have an death on your save.

Edited by Apfel

Youre Right. I learned it the hard way.

Buuuuut: I found a trick where works 100%. When you get killed by a Plant or Lava your game is not over then.

When you get killed press as fast as you can pause and go quickly to the Homescreen and delete ONLY your local save.

After you start the Game again the Game synches to the Cloud Save and then press Continue. You are not far away before you died. But it count NOT as a dead.

I got a stupid death by a plant in the Green Area near the End. After i deleted my local save and continued the Game to the End my Achivement popped.

When you are too slow with deleting the local save it can happen that it synch with your cloud save and then you have an death on your save.

Nice! +1 to you. I'll try this if I have to.