Lifeless Planet Survival Achievement Video Guide + more

DerangedAsylum

I made a video guide for the Survivalist Achievement. I worked hard to obtain it in 1 run without the use of checkpoints.

If you find yourself falling to your death you can quickly pause the game and reload a checkpoint or dashboard and reload the game.

Another tip to survive is to use the brightness option in the menu for the dark areas.

The things that can kill you during the game are,

- A lack of Oxygen

- Falling boulders

- Falling after a mistimed jump

- Landing too hard

- Tornado

- Dynamite if you stand too close

- Plants

- Spiked trees

- The breeze during the mission with Aelita

- The platforms you land on in Dead Forest and with Aelita

Hope the guides help.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Also here is a video guide for gathering 15 Mineral Samples during the game.

[ame=

]
[/ame] Edited by DerangedAsylum

Thank you heaps!

Pretty easy to complete without dying, but using your guide kept from doing stupid mistakes that might have ended up getting me killed.

So thank you, really appreciate you putting these up!

Do you know if it is possible to complete this in sections or does it have to be done all at once?

Once you complete the game, you can start a new game from any point, so it seems to me that it would just be a matter of replaying the sections where I died.

Thank you very much for the videos, DerangedAsylum! I used it for reference when going through the Inferno section. :)

Do you know if it is possible to complete this in sections or does it have to be done all at once?

Once you complete the game, you can start a new game from any point, so it seems to me that it would just be a matter of replaying the sections where I died.

I believe you have to do it all in one run, unfortunately. :( I don't think you can load a New Game and then select the sections that you died in, to play again and have it count. I was browsing the internet on this as I started the game, and on two different forums, people said that they tried to do this but it did not work. They said they died and selected New Game, replayed that section and did not die, but when they finished the game, they didn't get the Survivalist achievement. I didn't try it myself though.

One good thing is that if you see that you are about to die, you can quickly hit the Start/Pause button and select Reload Checkpoint, and that will work. This is especially handy when you miss a jump and are just about to fall to your death. As soon as you realize you are missing the jump and you are about to fall, you can quickly hit Start and Reload Checkpoint, and I can confirm that works fine, as I did it about 4-5 times during my Survivalist playthrough and got the achievement. Just be careful of things that will insta-kill you, like the plants that will come up from the ground and impale you, or the lava in the Inferno section that will set you on fire instantly. With those insta-kill deaths, I don't believe it's possible to hit Start quick enough to reload your last checkpoint, so you would probably have to start the whole game over again. And if you do have to start over, don't forget to erase your Save data for the game first! If you still have a Save on file with a death in it, it will void your Survivalist achievement, even if you do another run without dying.

I discovered a bit of a hack for this achievement on the TA forums. Evidently, if you don't catch the reload checkpoint before you die, you can simply exit the game, delete the local copy of your saved game under "manage game" and start the game and continue. It will pull the saved game from the cloud before your death none the wiser that you died.

Many have claimed this works.

Do you need to completely wipe your save data from the console and cloud? or after i finish the game can i just hit "new game" and start my no deaths run?

I believe you have to wipe your saves from both the console and the cloud. That's what I did, as I deleted everything before starting my final run for Survivalist. Posts on here advised that if you don't delete all of your save files, and just start a new game, they will void your achievement. I didn't want to take any chances, so I deleted everything and it worked. :)

• 7 months later...

Hmm just some notes from me , i just finished the game and did a NEW game without deleting anything and i got both the achievements 4h run and the no death run ,i did not read this post prio to finishing my game so have no idea why you need to delete the previous game but seems it does not matter as my achievement poped in the end :p