Smart glass

SuperSnake

I can turn it off from Smartglass, but not on. Get an error saying I'm not connected to the same network, even tho I'm sat 5ft from it on the same wifi network (with the console set to 'instant on').

Does it have to be on the same network for it to work? I was hoping it could turn it on and start a game up on my commute home, ready for when I get home sorta thing. Seems a bit redundant to have to be physically in the same space for it to work.

Guys, can i ask you honestly whats the point of this AT ALL? lol

I mean, wow you can turn on your consol with your cell phone, wooooooo :p thats like the most useless thing i can see. Just pick up the controller and press the button to open it up and there you go, no need to even get up your lazy ass... haha.

I mean thecnology evolve sure, but damn those kinda things make me laugh, thats like when i saw the "eject button" on a VCR remote for the first time.. i was like "ok, cool, it eject without having me to get up, but then so what... i still have to get up to put the VHS in its box and put a new one..."

Basically what im trying to say is that this button was the most useless shit i saw... and i feel this whole smart glass thing is the same...

The only thing i can see it being used for is trolling your little brother while he play...

As soon as I got the app update on my iphone 6 I tired it and it worked it turned on my Xbox but sadly I use a cable for my internet that comes from the router in my room while I also have a wireless access point in my room so my brother can get wireless in his bedroom out the backyard and I use that for internet on my phone so since my iphone and Xbox are not getting internet from the same router smartglass will not connect to my Xbox but can see it.

I mean, wow you can turn on your consol with your cell phone, wooooooo :p thats like the most useless thing i can see. Just pick up the controller and press the button to open it up and there you go, no need to even get up your lazy ass... haha.

I mean thecnology evolve sure, but damn those kinda things make me laugh, thats like when i saw the "eject button" on a VCR remote for the first time.. i was like "ok, cool, it eject without having me to get up, but then so what... i still have to get up to put the VHS in its box and put a new one..."

Basically what im trying to say is that this button was the most useless shit i saw... and i feel this whole smart glass thing is the same...

The only thing i can see it being used for is trolling your little brother while he play...

I use the Smartglass to work my Xbox constantly. I'm at my desk away from my controller and Netflix is going, I can use my phone to start something new or keep watching whatever show I'm in the middle of. My phone is much smaller and easy to cart around my room, and when I'm charging my batteries, I can't use my controller, so I'm glad I have app. Plus, when I'm at work and want to show a buddy some clips I recorded, it's right there in the palm of my hand.

Besides all the things Jeremy said, my single biggest use for Smart glass is sending messages. Being able to send and receive messages while I'm away and not have to use that terrible typing interface is a huge benefit. I understand if you don't already have a smartphone why you wouldn't get one just for Smart glass, but if you already have a smartphone and not the app and you ever send messages (like you say you do to "noobs" in GoW), then you're a Luddite if you don't have Smartglass. It really is extremely convenient.

For another example, I've made tons and tons of signs in Minecraft. I probably saved three hours so far by using Smartglass as my typing interface instead of the controller.

Besides all the things Jeremy said, my single biggest use for Smart glass is sending messages. Being able to send and receive messages while I'm away and not have to use that terrible typing interface is a huge benefit. I understand if you don't already have a smartphone why you wouldn't get one just for Smart glass, but if you already have a smartphone and not the app and you ever send messages (like you say you do to "noobs" in GoW), then you're a Luddite if you don't have Smartglass. It really is extremely convenient.

For another example, I've made tons and tons of signs in Minecraft. I probably saved three hours so far by using Smartglass as my typing interface instead of the controller.

Accessing the Microsoft Store while not around your X1 is also amazing. It's nice to be able to take advantage of MS mistakes like the GoT full season price the other day even when you aren't home to do it.

Granted, you can do this from the MS website, but the SG interface is often quicker and easier.

But yeah, being able to send messages or look at friends feed posts without snapping or leaving your game is an extremely useful feature. Not to mention the typing interface advantages over a controller...

They also keep adding features.

Seeing it as a glorified remote control demonstrates a very unsophisticated thought process.