Disciple of the Creed - Official Discussion ::SPOILERS::

Marx0r

Alright, as many of you have noticed, Disciple of the Creed is glitched. This thread is meant for everyone to post how they got, or didn't get, the achievement. For example:

"I got mine. At the time I killed every target, I had all available side missions done, I did not have full health, and I used the hidden blade to finish off everyone."

If you know the exact way you killed every target, please be as specific as possible.

Ground rules:

• Do not post here with questions, only with answers. Only post here if you have unlocked the achievement, or if you have killed Al Mualim and it didn't unlock. If you have any questions, pm me. If you have a link to another reliable site that has information, post it. (Wikipedia or any other freely editable source is NOT reliable) Do not post here with your beliefs on what the wordings may mean if you haven't finished the game. (See above)
  • Your post alone will not be enough to officialy sway the decision. If a person with 3 posts that joined yesterday tells me that their cousin's friend's domestic partner's hairdresser told him it unlocks when you stab a beggar on the fifth Wednesday of a month, I'm going to ignore him. If a 1000-poster with a good reputation says the same, I just might believe him.
  • If you aren't completely sure of what you did, say so. If you have no clue what you did, don't bother posting here.
  • No textspeak or flaming.
  • Specify between killing the target in stealth and killing the target with the hidden blade.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We know:

The achievement is as follows:

Disciple of the Creed - Assassinate all your targets with a full DNA bar.

after it unlocks, the description is:

You've fully honored the tenets of the Creed. You are a Master Assassin.

The synchronization bar is the health bar. Your 'health' in the game actually refers to how well you are emulating the actions of Altair, that is, how in sync you are with him. This is why it goes down when you grab a pedestrian. This is also why it says "desynchronized" when you die.

From xbox.com:

"Again, this achievement really only requires awareness and patience. You need to assassinate every target with a full DNA (health) bar, not just kill them in open combat. Make sure every assassination is a one-hit kill with your hidden blade. This doesn't mean that every assassination must be a low-profile hidden-blade attack though. Holding down Right Trigger for a hidden-blade strike for a high-profile assassination will still score this achievement."

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/a/assassinscreed/20071212-achievements.htm

~We know this is not required to unlock the achievement, but this may be Ubisoft's intention. The article was written a month after the release, so Ubisoft should have been aware of any glitches by that point.

Having all side missions done before the main target is assassinated, and killing the target with depleted health, not in stealth, but always with the hidden blade, will unlock the achievement.

You do not necessarily have to use the hidden blade in every assassination.

Some targets are nearly impossible (read: impossible) to kill in complete stealth.

According to m-w.com, assassinate means:

1 : to injure or destroy unexpectedly and treacherously

2 : to murder (a usually prominent person) by sudden or secret attack often for political reasons

Flags don't matter.

Templars don't matter.

We think:

The criteria for unlocking the achievement is the same for everyone. That is to say, if two people do the exact same things throughout the game, the achievement will either unlock for both or unlock for neither.

Al Mualim doesn't count one way or another.

Informers don't count. Need verification by established members.

Is the 'DNA bar' the health bar or the completion bar visible in the Pause menu?

Does 'Assassinate' refer to the hidden blade?

Does the fake Robert DeSalle (the girl) count towards this achievement?

If someone could find the Tenets of the Creed (the exact wording), please pm me with them.

Has anyone not used the hidden blade for a single assassination?

Has anyone got the achievement after they killed Mualim, not DeSalle?

Did anyone get the achievement after doing every side mission but the Informer ones?

During my playthrough i did all side missions in each "zone" before assassinating the main target. I did not always have a full health bar, of this i'm certain, and did not stealth kill all targets. Unfortunately i cannot remember when exactly the achievement unlocked, but it did.

Edit (re second and third posts)

Actually, i believe the syncronisation bar to be the mission progress DNA strands seen on the pause menu or when you complete a side mission, which would make sense because you're more "in sync" with what your ancestor did. Also, i fail to see how syncronisation remotely relates to health, the confusing factor perhaps being that both the sync bar and the health bar both use DNA strands to show status.

Assassinate, in AC and despite the dictionary definition, i believe merely relates to actually killing them although i may obviously be totally off.

I believe that xbox quote to be incorrect. I didn't "assassinate" all targets, and definitely didn't have full health each time as already stated. Hopefully some others can chime in.

:whs

I got this achievement by completing all side missions/investigations before assassinating my target. I can say with near 100% certainty that you do not need to stealth assassinate all targets. I fought nearly all of them in open combat (I'm a poor assassin).

As far as having a full health bar when assassinating a target, I'm can't say for sure whether or not I did that. If I did, good job. But an achievement that would require you to play the game again becuase you got hit once just seems evil.

I personally completed every single task as I went along. My synchronization was never full at the time of my assassinations. I must note something. People say that to assassinate, you need to use the hidden blade. That is an error. As you can see by the definition, it's either a secret or SUDDEN attack. An assassination does not have to be secret and stealth. So when people speak in terms of assassinations, it does not necessarily mean you sneak up to them and stab them with the hidden blade. I only have done that maybe once and that was my very first assassination. Frankly, I would like to see someone unlock the achievement without doing all the side missions, view points, etc.

Ok,

I got this achievement after killing Robert de sablo. I had not killed all my targets with a full health bar. I had not killed all my targets the same way. I had not visited all view points or did 6/6 side missions. I was surprised when i got it. Alot of my victims were thrown or kicked to the ground and i SUDDENLY zoomed up to them with the hidden blade stabbing it in there neck.

By the way im a messy assassin

Edit: Perpetual i am 100% sure i didn't do all side missions so you have found the man.

I completed every rescue citizen and scale tower and killed all major targets with the assassins blade (sometimes sword first then throw to the ground followed by assassins blade). I did not have full health in all assassinations.

I got mine after killing Robert de Sable. Again, threw him to the ground and hidden blade to the throat.

I haven't completed the game yet.

But I can say for 100% sure the synchronization bar is your health, because the achievement "Absolute Symbiosis" only unlocks when you get 20 strokes of health, and not when you do all side missions prior to an assassination.

I can almost say for sure the bar of objectives (side missions, view points, etc.) is the DNA bar because when it looks exactly like a string of DNA.

I think assassinate can be any way you kill someone in.

So I would say "Kill every target, when you have done all possible side missions".

*Side Note* I heard it's glitched and unlocks always.

For me, it unlocked the moment I killed Robert, actually before I even got the achievement for assassinating him. It popped up while him and Altair were talking, but before King Richard jumped in to congradulate me.

I can tell you right now, while I did stealth assassinate most of my targets, a few of them I took out during a fight, like William and the doctor in Acre, so I know it doesn't matter how you kill them.

I think it means you do every investagation before you assassinate your target, not just do the minimum 2-3 investigations. While I did save every citizen, and climbed every viewpoint before each assassination, I don't think it counts towards this achievement, just towards the "Defender of the People:______" and "Fearless."

I haven't completed the game yet.

But I can say for 100% sure the synchronization bar is your health, because the achievement "Absolute Symbiosis" only unlocks when you get 20 strokes of health, and not when you do all side missions prior to an assassination.

I can almost say for sure the bar of objectives (side missions, view points, etc.) is the DNA bar because when it looks exactly like a string of DNA.

I think assassinate can be any way you kill someone in.

So I would say "Kill every target, when you have done all possible side missions".

*Side Note* I heard it's glitched and unlocks always.

I really don't think it's referring to your health, I can tell you that right now. When I killed Robert, I only had one sync bar left. Maybe Ubisoft just worded it completely wrong. ;)

As far as I'm concerned, I don't think this achievement is glitched. It popped up when I did every assassination, save for the last boss,

[spoiler=abc]Testing 1,2,3

[spoiler=def]Al Mualim

I can also confirm that it does not matter how you kill them (with the hidden blade or your sword). But I did notice that even if you kill them with your sword in open combat, right before it goes to the cutscene, it shows Altair jumping on top of them with his hidden blade. Kind of wierd. I did get the achievement and I definitely did not have full health for my assassinations, nor did I do every side mission. My theory is that this achievement is simply an achievement that shows you assassinated/killed all 9 of your targets, the same way that The Eagle and the Apple - 1191 shows that you completed the game.

I can also confirm that it does not matter how you kill them (with the hidden blade or your sword). But I did notice that even if you kill them with your sword in open combat, right before it goes to the cutscene, it shows Altair jumping on top of them with his hidden blade. Kind of wierd. I did get the achievement and I definitely did not have full health for my assassinations, nor did I do every side mission. My theory is that this achievement is simply an achievement that shows you assassinated/killed all 9 of your targets, the same way that The Eagle and the Apple - 1191 shows that you completed the game.

Then how come some people who have completed the game don't have the achievement?

Did you do all the investigations(All the White DNA strands)before each assassination? If you did, then that should prove my point.

Ok I got this achievement today and I have heard it is glitched and I, like other's got it with the full DNA bar not in tact when I defeated Robert. As in this case here is my theory.

The achievement says that all main targets must be assassinated with a full DNA bar. Well I made extra careful to do so, even doing so when killing Robert's body double.

Now fast forward to the fight with Robert. I finally kill all of the guards and its just me and him. Well I keep pushing him down over and over again trying to build my DNA bar back up when all the sudden Altair kills him(I'm guessing I eventually killed him through pushing him....haha what a puss) anyways my DNA bar was not full yet and I scream at the top of my lungs as the achievement pops up.

What I want someone to verify is this: Do you get this achievement through killing the first 9 targets with full DNA bar and not through Robert? Makes a little sense to me or I just got lucky. What are your thoughts?

Ok I got this achievement today and I have heard it is glitched and I, like other's got it with the full DNA bar not in tact when I defeated Robert. As in this case here is my theory.

The achievement says that all main targets must be assassinated with a full DNA bar. Well I made extra careful to do so, even doing so when killing Robert's body double.

Now fast forward to the fight with Robert. I finally kill all of the guards and its just me and him. Well I keep pushing him down over and over again trying to build my DNA bar back up when all the sudden Altair kills him(I'm guessing I eventually killed him through pushing him....haha what a puss) anyways my DNA bar was not full yet and I scream at the top of my lungs as the achievement pops up.

What I want someone to verify is this: Do you get this achievement through killing the first 9 targets with full DNA bar and not through Robert? Makes a little sense to me or I just got lucky. What are your thoughts?

I don't think it was luck that got you the achievement, since I was in a similar scenario. I believe that by full DNA bar, they mean the investigations.

What I want to know, is if you have to save all citizens/reach all view points in order to unlock the achievement. Or if you only have to do the investigations. If someone could come in with only the investigations done before the Assassination, no side quests, that would really clear things up.

I have had this same discussion with friends and i can say 100% that you just have to make sure you do every side mission to fill up the DNA bar on the pause menu (besides one blue one that will be the final for actually killing the main target).

So once have all the side stuff done (view points, save citizen's, pickpocketing, etc.) Then go talk to the guy at the assassins head quarters were you will get permission to assassinate the main target. At this point on the pause menu every DNA bar should be colored in but one, and that one is the assassination and once he is dead that one will fill up which gives you a full DNA bar and just continue that process for every assassination.

The one thing for sure that you do not have to do is find all the flags in each section to get this achievement. cause i had the achievement way before i even began to look for the flags.

So GameFreak47 this mean yes you have to do the save citizens and view points as well.

ok guys this is my first post here so here goes!

I unlocked the disciple of the creed achievement on Monday, I subscribe to the theory that it is when you kill Robert you have to have completed all the save the citizens and all the intelligence gathering missions.

I think its only Robert that it matters with as when I assainated my first target I definatly did not have all the investigations complete. I did re-enter the animus and replayed the first section again to complete the DNA progress bar before I killed Robert!

I can say for definate that stealth kills/full health bar was definatley not the case in at least 4/5 of my assasinations, so I'm in the thinking that it is more to do with the sub missions and citizens than the actual killing of the targets!

If my memory serves me didn't the creed have some rules like you must make sure you don't kill innocents, that knowledge of your goal is essential and that you should be invisible (metaphorically), and as throughout the game no-one seems capable of spotting you even if you stab a guard infront of them! Thats not a big ask!

anyhow I hope this helps to try and unravel the achievement a bit more!

Cheers guys

Chris

I have had this same discussion with friends and i can say 100% that you just have to make sure you do every side mission to fill up the DNA bar on the pause menu (besides one blue one that will be the final for actually killing the main target).

So once have all the side stuff done (view points, save citizen's, pickpocketing, etc.) Then go talk to the guy at the assassins head quarters were you will get permission to assassinate the main target. At this point on the pause menu every DNA bar should be colored in but one, and that one is the assassination and once he is dead that one will fill up which gives you a full DNA bar and just continue that process for every assassination.

The one thing for sure that you do not have to do is find all the flags in each section to get this achievement. cause i had the achievement way before i even began to look for the flags.

So GameFreak47 this mean yes you have to do the save citizens and view points as well.

Good to finally have some clarification on that.

Hopefully people will get the achievement without a problem now. :cool: