Master Marksman

Aecas

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But technically, he's a nonhuman. Because he has said in the past that he is no longer human because of the mutations he had to undergo to become a witcher. Thus, witchers are not humans. they're mutants.

EDIT: The crossbow really is fucking garbage. I just shot a motherfucker at point blank range, aiming for the head. The bolt hit him in the stomach. What.The.Fuck?

Edited by ThePumpkinKing

• 2 weeks later...

I m having an extreme hard time with this....

the Screen never shakes or the Controller vibrates when i land a crit or head shot.

1 run in devils pit is about 8 to 10 bandits (seems like at night more).

they are all lvl 9 bandits - without aming just Shooting at the Torso on Screen I get 4 diffrent hit Points:

lvl 9 Bandit: 81 damage

lvl 9 Bandit: 86 critical damage

lvl 9 Bandit: 221 damage

lvl 9 Bandit: 228 critical damage.

why is that ?

i shot sooo many of this Bandits in the head (i was aming at or over the head) and also through my playthroug i shot some of the weeker enemies with crossbow aming for the head.....

AND NO ACHIEVEMENT - i musst have killed more then 100 allready while aiming at or over the head!!!

F**K fustrating

I m having an extreme hard time with this....

the Screen never shakes or the Controller vibrates when i land a crit or head shot.

AND NO ACHIEVEMENT - i musst have killed more then 100 allready while aiming at or over the head!!!

F**K fustrating

That there is some randomness to where the bolt goes is very annoying. I had a horrible time getting Head shot kills in the Devils pit for a start. You can literally stun an enemy and put your crossbow to their head and still miss. It's Crazy!

At the time I got the Achievement, I would kill the bandits with 1 fast attack, and 2 crossbow bolts.

I hardly ever got a head shot kill at the gate to the Devil's Pit.

I had 2 spare points so I stuck them in Lightning reflexes (slow time while aiming the crossbow)

The easiest way I found to get headshots was to get a bit of distance from my enemy, and aim right at their head while they were running towards me in slow motion. I don't know why that made it easier to get a head shot, it just did. Maybe it was the distance, maybe it was keeping the aimed crossbow on the enemies head for a few seconds before shooting, I don't know.

I've just managed to unlock this achievement and wanted to post my findings/advice to help others out.

I used the Devils Pit method, fast travelling back to Vizima Palace once all bandits were dead (I didn't look all the containers/chests as I'd heard mixed reports about the bandits respawning)

I was only level 10 when attempting this achievement so can be done early if you wanna get it out of the way.

Sheathe your sword, you'll do more damage (about 20 points more in my case)

I bought a potion of clearance, put 3 points into the crossbow skill that slows down time when aiming and bought the general skill that gives 25% more crossbow damage.

I was wearing bandits down with bolts, then hitting them with Axii before going for the final shot.

I was using standard crossbow bolts.

Probably the most important bit, again I'd read mixed views on this however the achievement popped for me on a kill where the screen and controller did NOT shake or vibrate, so I'm 100% sure now that this is not required for the headshot to count..... In fact I was getting very few 'shaky kills' at all (the head hitbox is still extremely dodgy though)

So to sum up, just keep plugging away and you'll get this eventually and don't worry about not getting 'shaky kills'... I reckon this took me about 2 hours. It felt like a lot longer with the loading screens and hearing the same story progress speech.... Along with the fact that there's no achievement tracking for you to get any idea on your progress making you feel like its never going to pop.

Hope this helps people out.

Probably the most important bit, again I'd read mixed views on this however the achievement popped for me on a kill where the screen and controller did NOT shake or vibrate, so I'm 100% sure now that this is not required for the headshot to count..... In fact I was getting very few 'shaky kills' at all (the head hitbox is still extremely dodgy though)

Are you sure it wasn't just a delayed pop of the achievement?

Mine popped on a screen shaking kill.

I'm certain.

I was only level 10 at the time so wearing each bandit individually down was taking a little time so there was no way this could of been delayed.

I personally think that the screen shake is a kill shot that happens to coincide with a critical hit as I've had the screen shake when I've not even been manually aiming and I've RB by mistake instead of holding it.

• 3 weeks later...

There's definitely some serious problems with the head shot detection.

I use Axii to stun the bandits which makes them sag their head so if you move to their side you can aim at their head knowing that you won't hit their chest, shoulder etc

I've been using this method throughout the game whenever I've had to fight humans or non-humans I've always killed the last one this way. I've then played though Devil's Pit 5 times (so far) killing every enemy in this method and haven't had the achievement unlock. Meaning that even if the bolt goes clearly into the head it might not count.

As far as the vibrating controller goes, every time I shoot a bolt it vibrates and every now and again the screen will shake when I get the kill, so maybe this is the indication that it's a registered headshot.

I'm pretty confident shaky camera means head shot. The 'chievo popped for me on a shaky camera head shot after about 7-8 play throughs of Devil's Pit attempting head shot kills on every bandit.

I found the best way to get the shaky camera is to use Axii to stun them and slump their head, move to the side, get very close to them and try and hit the top of their head, the crossbow is amazingly finicky but you can adjust your aim. It's not 100% but it did increase the frequency of shaky camera.

I'm pretty confident shaky camera means head shot. The 'chievo popped for me on a shaky camera head shot after about 7-8 play throughs of Devil's Pit attempting head shot kills on every bandit.

I found the best way to get the shaky camera is to use Axii to stun them and slump their head, move to the side, get very close to them and try and hit the top of their head, the crossbow is amazingly finicky but you can adjust your aim. It's not 100% but it did increase the frequency of shaky camera.

Not confirmed whatsoever I'm afraid. Multiple people including my friend who just got this two nights ago and I was in party chat when he popped it, unlocked the achievement on a non-shakey headshot.

Unlocked this a few hours ago on a non-shakey headshot as well but the hit boxes are wonky as fuck. I spent about an hour and counted what "should" have been 83 headshot kills before the achievement unlocked

Did the 'Devils Pit' grinding area and did a single fast attack and then follwed up with a crossbow headshot kill. Used a combination of precision bolts, blunt bolts and the infinite regular bolts.

Not confirmed whatsoever I'm afraid. Multiple people including my friend who just got this two nights ago and I was in party chat when he popped it, unlocked the achievement on a non-shakey headshot.

Agreed, the shaky kill is a massive red herring that just happened to get mentioned by someone.... Which then spread.

This 100% popped for me on a none shaky kill, I counted very few shaky kills in the entire time it took me to do this..... No where near 50!

Just don't understand why put an achievement in relating to headshots when there's no real headshots in the game (one shot kills or extra damage etc)

This is one lame stupid achiev.

There's so many contradictions about this.

v' Been dealing (pointblank) head-shots (humans (monster, drowner don't count i know) during the whole play-through. After i beat the game i went to the Devil's Pit en start farming 75+ Head-shots......... No Achievement.

So, . . . . . do i need to do 50 humans and 50 non humans, or is 50 humans enough?

I couldn't even find enough (hostile) non humans to fight.

So, who can light this up?!

Thanks.

This is one lame stupid achiev.

There's so many contradictions about this.

v' Been dealing (pointblank) head-shots (humans (monster, drowner don't count i know) during the whole play-through. After i beat the game i went to the Devil's Pit en start farming 75+ Head-shots......... No Achievement.

So, . . . . . do i need to do 50 humans and 50 non humans, or is 50 humans enough?

I couldn't even find enough (hostile) non humans to fight.

So, who can light this up?!

Thanks.

50 humans at Devil's Pit is enough…but the achievement is going to pop LONG AFTER you get 50 actual headshots.

There's no contradictions on what counts in terms of humans and non-humans, it's just that the achievement literally takes 3+ hours to grind out and well over 150+ headshots.

50 humans at Devil's Pit is enough…but the achievement is going to pop LONG AFTER you get 50 actual headshots.

There's no contradictions on what counts in terms of humans and non-humans, it's just that the achievement literally takes 3+ hours to grind out and well over 150+ headshots.

I wonder if you should perhaps add a note on this achievement's issues in the roadmap? There has been consistent complaining about it. It's almost definitely glitched in one way or another.

I wonder if you should perhaps add a note on this achievement's issues in the roadmap? There has been consistent complaining about it. It's almost definitely glitched in one way or another.

+1.

Got it finally yesterday.

Loaded an old save, verry early in the game that I knew never before used the crossbow yet.

I then went on shaky screen bandits only headshot. After the 50th "shakyheadshot" it popped up.

Weird. S...t!!!

I'm so glad this is the only super grindy achievement like this in the game. I finally got this earlier tonight after 4 hours of headshots, and I counted 126 total before it popped. And as others have said as well, mine popped when I landed a non-shaky headshot. I really got worried there for a minute as I broke the 4 hour mark, that it wasn't going to pop. Thank goodness it's over with now! That was not fun, it actually put me to sleep once lol. :p

I'm so glad this is the only super grindy achievement like this in the game. I finally got this earlier tonight after 4 hours of headshots, and I counted 126 total before it popped. And as others have said as well, mine popped when I landed a non-shaky headshot. I really got worried there for a minute as I broke the 4 hour mark, that it wasn't going to pop. Thank goodness it's over with now! That was not fun, it actually put me to sleep once lol. :p

Congrats, ma'am!

I did warn you that achievement is gonna stink :p