Achievement Discussion

Barad

So, from looking at these achievements, it's safe to assume that;

Angel in the Dark

- Judging from the description and the cross logo, this must be a trial ceremony for the Order of the St. Dumas given to you by Azrael, possibly similar to Ra's' Trials in Arkham City.

The Monster Machine

- Has to deal with either Calendar Man, Hush or Zsasz. Given the achievement has a face on it, I'm going to go with Hush on this one based on the events of Arkham City.

Days of Fire

- Most definitely an achievement confirming Firefly is more than just a cameo.

Scar of the Bat

- Bat, doctor, needing a cure......Man-Bat?

The Cult

- Sacrificial victim? Cult? Executioner? Could this possibly be the Court of Owls making their first appearance in the Arkham-verse?

Looks like a solid list. Checkpoints and Watchtowers sound like fun. I look forward to the liberation of Gotham. Sounds like there are more side investigations too.

I have no intention of 100%ing this (won't complete the challenges and likely won't bother with NewGame+), but there sounds like lots of good content here.

Curious to see the islands around Gotham, too.

Can't wait 'til the 23rd.

Scar of the Bat

- Bat, doctor, needing a cure......Man-Bat

I'd say it has has to do with Dr. Crane. Probably after your final confrontation with scarecrow.

This is probably the only series I'm not aggravated my stupid collectibles as the little puzzles are quite fun and the in game map makes it easier.

The challenges are fun, and definitely a challenge. Only Arkham series achievement I don't have so far is the Nightmare mode achievement for AC so this will be a nice challenging addition.

Edited by Licensedshoes

I'd say it has has to do with Dr. Crane. Probably after your final confrontation with scarecrow.

This is probably the only series I'm not aggravated my stupid collectibles as the little puzzles are quite fun and the in game map makes it easier.

The challenges are fun, and definitely a challenge. Only Arkham series achievement I don't have so far is the Nightmare mode achievement for AC so this will be a nice challenging addition.

It's not about Crane though, it's a side-quest achievement.

The achievement pictures are split into categories; Batman gliding is Story achievements, Riddler is Riddler achievements, Batman standing next to the Batmobile are side-quest achievements and Batman's gauntlets are fighting/challenges achievements.

So the confirmed side-quests in the game are;

- Angel in the Dark (Azrael related)

- Beautiful Boy (Penguin weapon cache)

- Blind Love (Penguin weapon cache)

- Dark Allegiances (No idea...)

- Days of Fire (Firefly)

- Death of Innocents (Firefly again?)

- Double Jeopardy (Hush? Two-Face?)

- Gates of Gotham (Misc.)

- Jekyll & Hyde (Two-Face related)

- The Monster Machine (Calendar Man? Hush? Zsasz? Prof. Pyg? Dollmaker?)

- Practice Run (Penguin weapon cache)

- Scar of the Bat (Man-Bat?)

- Streets of Gotham (Misc.)

- The Cult (Brother Blood? Court of Owls?)

- The Road Home (Misc.)

- Touch of Death (Penguin)

- Two Faces of Fear! (Two-Face related)

- Two Sides of the Same Coin! (Two-Face related)

Edited by km16

So are the AR challenges the Challenge Maps? Because there's an achievement for getting 69 Stars and assuming each map has 3 stars, that's 33 maps. How would that be split evenly between combat and predator?

Also, are Campaign Challenges not returning? I surely hope not.

I think the only challenges that have achievements this time around are the augmented reality exercises like what we got a few of in Arkham City, they seem to be more fleshed out here and have 'stars' along with them.

Challenge maps are returning though, we're even getting some in the Season Pass if you remember so I'm positive there are some in the main game. Just looks like we don't have achievements for them this time around unless they get patched in with an update. Or, that could just be what the new challenge maps are called, the AR challenges.

Edited by km16

I think the only challenges that have achievements this time around are the augmented reality exercises like what we got a few of in Arkham City, they seem to be more fleshed out here and have 'stars' along with them.

Challenge maps are returning though, we're even getting some in the Season Pass if you remember so I'm positive there are some in the main game. Just looks like we don't have achievements for them this time around unless they get patched in with an update. Or, that could just be what the new challenge maps are called, the AR challenges.

Yeah, I figured AR meant Augmented Reality but I was also thinking maybe they changed the name of the Challenge Mode. If anything, I hope the Augmented Reality segments are more than just flying then (if that's what the stars mean). Maybe some flying, combat, driving, predator, etc. scenarios.

Yeah, I figured AR meant Augmented Reality but I was also thinking maybe they changed the name of the Challenge Mode. If anything, I hope the Augmented Reality segments are more than just flying then (if that's what the stars mean). Maybe some flying, combat, driving, predator, etc. scenarios.

More than likely, I think that is what we'll get. Wasn't it named Riddler's Revenge last time around. Wouldn't surprise me if they changed the name again.

It's not about Crane though, it's a side-quest achievement.

The achievement pictures are split into categories; Batman gliding is Story achievements, Riddler is Riddler achievements, Batman standing next to the Batmobile are side-quest achievements and Batman's gauntlets are fighting/challenges achievements.

So the confirmed side-quests in the game are;

- Angel in the Dark (Azrael related)

- Beautiful Boy (Penguin weapon cache)

- Blind Love (Penguin weapon cache)

- Dark Allegiances (No idea...)

- Days of Fire (Firefly)

- Death of Innocents (Firefly again?)

- Double Jeopardy (Hush? Two-Face?)

- Gates of Gotham (Misc.)

- Jekyll & Hyde (Two-Face related)

- The Monster Machine (Calendar Man? Hush? Zsasz? Prof. Pyg? Dollmaker?)

- Practice Run (Penguin weapon cache)

- Scar of the Bat (Man-Bat?)

- Streets of Gotham (Misc.)

- The Cult (Brother Blood? Court of Owls?)

- The Road Home (Misc.)

- Touch of Death (Penguin)

- Two Faces of Fear! (Two-Face related)

- Two Sides of the Same Coin! (Two-Face related)

Ahhh, I didn't even look at the tile, too small on the iPad. Dr. Langstrom, Man-Bat, makes more sense then. Thanks!

As long as AR doesn't stand for 'Automobile Related', I hate driving games at the best of times. How am I supposed to be the Bat when I keep crashing into buildings in the middle of Gotham?

All joking aside, doesn't look like a bad list of achievements. Thought there was going to be a 100% completion achievement, but obviously not, Perfect Knight was always a nice way to round off completing the game's list. Oh well.

Furthermore, I would have thought the Story Packs would have achievements attached to them? Anyways, can't wait.

Edited by kiedis1984

As long as AR doesn't stand for 'Automobile Related', I hate driving games at the best of times. How am I supposed to be the Bat when I keep crashing into buildings in the middle of Gotham?

All joking aside, doesn't look like a bad list of achievements. Thought there was going to be a 100% completion achievement, but obviously not, Perfect Knight was always a nice way to round off completing the game's list. Oh well.

Furthermore, I would have thought the Story Packs would have achievements attached to them? Anyways, can't wait.

LOL. Didn't think of that. I would not enjoy a bunch of challenges exclusive to driving.

Which story packs? Pre-order bonuses? The only two we know of are Harley Quinn and Red Hood.

Which story packs? Pre-order bonuses? The only two we know of are Harley Quinn and Red Hood.

Yeah, I'm sure they're advertised as Story Packs.

I'm assuming the Batgirl and new story mode stuff, from the season pass, will have achievements and be released in due course.

• 2 weeks later...
Batgirl dlc has trophies up already. The Harley and red hood dlcs have 1 achievement and batgirl has like 8. Scarecrow has a dlc achievement too.

Are Harley Quinn and Red Hood's achievements live right away?

Scarecrow is Sony exclusive though. Why would we have an achievement for that?

EDIT: You're talking of this: http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=623501

Are Harley Quinn and Red Hood's achievements live right away?

Scarecrow is Sony exclusive though. Why would we have an achievement for that?

EDIT: You're talking of this: http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=623501

Ah ok. Just knew of the trophy. Figured they would be the same. Didn't know about the exclusive.

I just hope they don't bring out the ridiculous online achievements like the last batman game as you were always unable to get a match on the servers as not enough players playing online. Keep the offline achievements and I'll be happy I love the collectable, side mission and challenges that's why I've loved all the batman games so far wish assasins creed would have stuck that way too

• 2 weeks later...

I just beat the game but did not get the achievement for defeating scarecrow.. In my achievements that achievement at the bottom has the red bar filled up and says "done! Unlocking..." But it's been two days. What can I do? Very annoying because I wanted to 100% this game and now I cant