XB1: Am I the only one who has this issue?

Anowdd

• 1 month later...
My kinect will constantly connect then disconnect itself from my xb1 :S

Hi, Anowdd, a late welcome to the forums!

Pardon if this sounds stupid, but we need to cover the basics. Have you:

1) Hard reset the console? Power down by pressing the Xbox symbol on your console instead of via Kinect or the controller.

2) Removed and reset the power source? After powering down, unplug your Xbox from the power source (that big brick), then unplug said source from the wall.

3) Removed and reset the Kinect from your console?

If not, start with those steps, and let us know what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

This happened on a number of 360 consoles too from the ones i owned too. It may be just bad probability that you bought yours with hardware failure that you were unaware about. It's no biggie. But if it isnt something in the System settings, unfortunately you may have to buy another.

• 1 month later...
My kinect will constantly connect then disconnect itself from my xb1 :S

I've been dealing with this for close to two months. Now, if I do a hard reset of the console, or unplug and replug the Kinect, it will work for 5 to 15 minutes, then it turns off again. Then it's dead until I do another reset or unplug/replug.

It's a pain in the ass. Makes it essentially dead, but MS hasn't been any use on this issue. It likely isn't a hardware issue, because it will work properly for the five minutes it's online, but then it shuts down again.

When I look at the Kinect menu in settings, it's almost entirely black with a greyed-out box for "what Kinect sees".

The MS techs I've spoken to don't seem to have any ideas on it. I don't think this is a common issue.

I'll let you know if they're able to resolve my issue.