Windows 8 version on windows 10

NOTE: I made a mistake. DO NOT login to Windows 10 with your progess. I just noticed that it kicked it into another new list. So now I have to complete same thing all over again. Fucking great. Thankfully some of the longer achievements are completed but still, fuck.

Edited by intheshallow

This is exactly what happens for people wondering:

If you choose to upgrade to Windows 10, you will have to use another computer/tablet that still has Windows 8 or download VMWare or something like that in order to play Windows 8 version of Solitaire. Windows 10 Solitaire is a completely different thing.

When I upgraded, I did unlock achievements right off the bat. Here is the list:

Go For the Gold

Diamonds are Forever

Become a Star

Become a Superstar

That was it. I had everything else done on the Windows 8 side and none of that was tracked to Windows 10 which sucks. But THANK GOD they are tracking my medals won. I am up to 8 right now. I would be incredibly pissed if I had to do another years worth of this.

NOTE: Now because of these being tracked, I believe that say I stay on Windows 10 for another 4 months and get my 2 silvers and 4 bronzes that I need. I believe because it's cloud synced, that when I do log back into Windows 8, it will have tracked those other medals I finished on the Windows 10 side.

Don't quote me on that. Maybe someone who has both Windows 10 and 8 right now can test it to see?

Edited by intheshallow

You can only sync from 8 to 10 not the other way around. I did a challenge on windows 10 and had to redo it on windows 8 then I did another challenge on windows 8 and when I booted up windows 10 I got a message that says I had made progress on windows 8. I also read on their facebook page that it would only work that way.

None of my medals or other progress carried over to windows 10 and the game isn't even finished yet so I would just stick with 8 if you're worried about achievements. Hopefully by the time you get all your medals this game will work properly.