Potentially unobtainable achievements..

So as far as I can tell this game breaks MS' terms & conditions for achievements.

First off the achievement for playing a match with custom weapon skins will be unobtainable for anyone who didn't preorder or play in the beta or have previous gears achievements tied to their gamer tag. There is no progress unlockable weapon skins so therefore the only way for a totally new player to obtain this achievement is to buy skins off the marketplace at a ridiculous £3.99 per pack!

Second of all there is 2 achievements tied to the annex game mode which is only playable in private matches, meaning unless you want to spend twice as long boosting with someone online you need to have a second controller which I'm sure a lot of people like myself don't have.

Add in the fact that this is a first party title and it doesn't even use the achievement tracker I can't help but feel this is an even bigger fuck up than judgement...

Yeah the achievement tracker is ridiculous. I started going for cqc achievement and kept looking to the tracker to realize it doesn't exist for this game. Making it even worse I haven't found any way to track wins in the leaderboards for 2v2 knashers either. How the hell could they miss just basic stuff...especially in an "ultimate edition" lol hopefully they correct this for gears 4

So as far as I can tell this game breaks MS' terms & conditions for achievements.

First off the achievement for playing a match with custom weapon skins will be unobtainable for anyone who didn't preorder or play in the beta or have previous gears achievements tied to their gamer tag. There is no progress unlockable weapon skins so therefore the only way for a totally new player to obtain this achievement is to buy skins off the marketplace at a ridiculous £3.99 per pack!

Second of all there is 2 achievements tied to the annex game mode which is only playable in private matches, meaning unless you want to spend twice as long boosting with someone online you need to have a second controller which I'm sure a lot of people like myself don't have.

Add in the fact that this is a first party title and it doesn't even use the achievement tracker I can't help but feel this is an even bigger fuck up than judgement...

Just for playing right now you will earn the gold skins and I am sure they will have other plans in place to allow you to obtain they achievement, they aren't stupid. As for Annex it's almost guaranteed that it will be put into public playlists at some point in the future so you only need a second controller if you want it right now.

I agree with the achievement tracking, it's ridiculous for a first party game to not have tracking, and it's made even worse here because the game tracks it's own achievements like they always have but you are unable to check them in the menu like you used to be able to.

Lost Planet 2 had a top of the leaderboard achievement and Disney Infinity (the first one, not so sure about 2.0) required you to buy at least one power disc pack.

These both violated MS terms well after they were put in place, no one cared.

"meaning unless you want to spend twice as long boosting"

This just sounds like wining. You can still get it, it's basically a multiplayer achievement. Find someone that has a spare controller and you guys take turns playing the rounds, boom no twice as long boosting. Idle dummy player sits on losing team, you two go on the winning team.

I've made a note on the achievements about the current status of Annex.. but they are by no means unobtainable.

as for skins.. just playing this week, campaign or online will get you the gold skins.. i'm surprised there's no earning skins as you say.. 2 and 3 you earned as you played, or completed certain things.. i'm sure there will be more

there is an in-game tracker for certain things.. i've seen it for Nub Owner and what not.. but i've not seen it for other things.. which seems silly.. but a notepad and a pen have existed for a long time.. so make your own list and cross things out as you do them.. like kills with a weapon.. or win on a certain map

I've made a note on the achievements about the current status of Annex.. but they are by no means unobtainable.

as for skins.. just playing this week, campaign or online will get you the gold skins.. i'm surprised there's no earning skins as you say.. 2 and 3 you earned as you played, or completed certain things.. i'm sure there will be more

there is an in-game tracker for certain things.. i've seen it for Nub Owner and what not.. but i've not seen it for other things.. which seems silly.. but a notepad and a pen have existed for a long time.. so make your own list and cross things out as you do them.. like kills with a weapon.. or win on a certain map

There is an ingame tracker for all the achievements, there always has been in gears. The problem here is, where in the past you would be able to go to the war journal and look at your achievement progress now when you try to do that it opens up the completely useless achievement app that has no tracking.

Be cautious i played the campaign on casual offline then hooked up to the internet later. The achievements show unlocked but arent counting towards my overall gamerscore. The snap list shows i have 30 unlocked but the main achievement list says i only have 7 unlocked.

Be cautious i played the campaign on casual offline then hooked up to the internet later. The achievements show unlocked but arent counting towards my overall gamerscore. The snap list shows i have 30 unlocked but the main achievement list says i only have 7 unlocked.

just give that time.. that's more of an xbox problem than a game problem.. kind of your own fault for playing offline

just give that time.. that's more of an xbox problem than a game problem.. kind of your own fault for playing offline

Ya not everyone has online connection all the time its not his fault. Microsoft can't force you to be connected to a server. Always on is fucking bullshit. Thats why they are getting eaten up by Sony. Sony sells 2 PS4 to every 1 Xbox One. Seeing how the one has a much better first party line up I would say it related to the shitty ass system they released. I only play this system for Gears and other 1st party. PS4 whenever I can.

Ya not everyone has online connection all the time its not his fault. Microsoft can't force you to be connected to a server.
If they're multiplayer achievements, well yes they can force you to have to be connected. The whole point is that you're supposed to play with other people.

You're really bitching over a non-issue.

I had this same issue. I dont get why my achievements didnt pop either? I have been having router issues and live is also acting up when I swapped between 360 & 1.

I agree it's stupid there are no unlockable skins, but I wouldn't say either of these Achievements are unobtainable potentially. If you want the Achievement and didn't play the beta, buy some skins. If you want the Annex Achievements, take the time to play it with one controller.

I do agree no Achievement tracking is stupid and should be fixed immediately!

Ya not everyone has online connection all the time its not his fault. Microsoft can't force you to be connected to a server. Always on is fucking bullshit. Thats why they are getting eaten up by Sony. Sony sells 2 PS4 to every 1 Xbox One. Seeing how the one has a much better first party line up I would say it related to the shitty ass system they released. I only play this system for Gears and other 1st party. PS4 whenever I can.

Nice first post dude, how to make friends and alienate people in an instant, also your title "microsoft sucks the bigone", hey if you want to be a fanboy please use the sister site which is equally as awesome...hmmm I think there is even a link somewhere round here, oh yes in the top left corner, please use this http://www.playstationtrophies.org/

Ya I can state facts...and you can wine about it... I'm not here to make friends that what the real worlds for. You can play a campaign offline its unfair that Xbox wants an always on connection I travel for work and don't always have a connection in the mining towns I work in. Also thanks for the link but Im well aware of it. Like I said if xbox didn't have gears I wouldn't be playing an Xbox...and no I am bitching because someone posted for help and was told that his fault for playing offline. Cause you guys want to let Microsoft, or Facebook or whatever pry there way into your private lives. You might wanna read the fine print on some of the shit we have to accept to play a game online or own a profile. So fanboy or not Ill see you guys in Gears. :uzi:

I agree with tracking hopefully they fix. I did however play my campaign offline and when went to play online all achievements popped.

Edited by SALAD1N0

its unfair that Xbox wants an always on connection I travel for work and don't always have a connection in the mining towns I work in.

I did however play my campaign offline and when went to play online all achievements popped.

Make up your mind. Either it's 'always online', or it isn't.

OT, yes, it is extremely frustrating that the achievement tracker isn't working for this game... Hoping it will be released in a patch at some point!

I got to admit achievement tracker being not present is completely weird, first game i see on X1 that does not have it.

For Annex, weird decision sure, but i hope they make it avalaible in social/rank eventually. Its tedious to boost this but be serious, how many other shitty achievements you guys boosted?? lol

As for the skin... well i dunno... i have a bunch of them... its not the first time an achievement require you to own a different game/device to get it. Think R6 vegas for exemple with the camera thing etc