Easter Eggs / Secrets

Hey just thought it would be cool to share little things we have found in the game.

On, I think, the mission where you extract the guy who made the bionic arm there was a cassette called afghan lullaby, Knowing old kojima I played the tape next to a guard with it on speaker and the guard fell asleep. this seemed to use up the tape however. Has anyone else found similar tapes with a different use?

*Update*

Found another special tape named 'recorded in the toilet'

Haven't found a use yet, if anyone finds out any more/how to use this special tapes let me know.

Edited by xxshadowboaxx
New info

*Update*

Found another special tape named 'recorded in the toilet'

Haven't found a use yet, if anyone finds out any more/how to use this special tapes let me know.

Not sure if your theory is right, but if it is that toilet tape might work if you hide in a toilet but they saw you go in.

Play the tape and it might make them leave you alone if it sounds like you are "in the toilet".

Just a thought, let us know.

Not sure if your theory is right, but if it is that toilet tape might work if you hide in a toilet but they saw you go in.

Play the tape and it might make them leave you alone if it sounds like you are "in the toilet".

Just a thought, let us know.

I'm totally gonna try this... Pretty genius idea... If it doesn't work I'm gonna be sad.. Because it totally should be in the game lol...

As for the lullaby tape, there was a similar song in MGS 4.. If played close to an enemy they fell asleep...

I'm certain we'll see a lot more Easter eggs and secrets, it wouldn't be a Kojima game without them.

I tried that with the toilet one, got a grenade as a present, so it didn't work, maybe if I am in the toilet and they are near but un-alerted they may be disgusted and run off? Not been in that situation yet though.

Anyone wanting to try the Lullabye tape out it is in the storage area across from the cell where you rescue the bionics scientist early in the game, once I used it I found it in the same place again.

Also the enemy get wise to your tactics, say you always infiltrate at night they will be more likely to use torches or have nvg, and if you always use headshots they will be more likely to get helmets, you can counteract this with combat deployment once you unlock it, by sending troops out on missions to sabotage enemy equipment supplies, this can include things like nvg or even weapon types such as machine guns.

Another tip that isn't exactly explained is that if you destroy the big radars in enemy bases with explosives. you can then use them as hot landing zones. great for completing some side ops quicker.

Another thing i found is that you can choose a song from the cassettes for your helicopter to play when you are deploying or evacuating, pretty sweet to be in a epic gun fight when suddenly you hear 'Ride of the valkyries' from the distance coming in to pick you up.

Lastly you can place any posters you find onto the cardboard boxes by pressing X when selecting them, soldier ones make the other soldiers salute and there are ones of women too.

In a slightly less exciting Quiet reference, you can overhead two guards in Mother Base talking about her and one of them will sarcastically mention that she could be a bioroid. This is what the Snatchers were known as in the game of the same name. The Ground Zeros mission Jamais Vu is also a huge Snatcher reference.