New GTA Online "Free Mode Events Update" - Tuesday 15th September 2015

Boomerang Cat

[ame]

[/ame]

Source: Rockstar Newswire

"The Free Mode Events Update in GTA Online is a new advancement in open world gameplay, giving players access to a range of seamlessly integrated games and challenges in GTA Online’s Freemode.

Taking full advantage of the latest generation of consoles and PC hardware, there are no menus, lobbies, or load times – just an open Freemode session filled with Friends, Crewmates, rivals, and randoms where spontaneous and chaotic new games and challenges will appear.

One of these events can kick off at any given moment while in Freemode, and you can customize your session to decide exactly which ones will happen – so you can play as much or as little of this new content as you like. With countless variations on each Freemode Event, there are tons of unique new experiences, each offering new opportunities for reaping GTA$ and RP in GTA Online.

Feeling locked and stocked? Look out for King of the Castle – an every man for himself turf war where you’ll need to ascend and claim the designated ‘castle’ as your territory – and then fend off everyone else as they go all out to dethrone you.

Form fragile alliances and work together in modes like Hunt the Beast, where one volunteer is temporarily transformed into a faster, stronger, beastly character who must escape relentless pursuers. Freemode Events also take the shape of insane stunt challenges, such as popping the longest wheelie, catching the most air in a land vehicle, or performing the most near misses in a vehicle without crashing.

Also included with next week's update are two brand new Adversary Modes. First, Hunting Pack: you’re part of a team tasked to deliver a priority vehicle rigged to explode if it drops below a minimum speed, while your opponents race, ram and batter to take it down.

Or try Cross the Line, where heavily-armed squads face off across a neutral zone – with the goal of having all team members strategically penetrate their opponents territory to claim victory.

The Freemode Events Update also brings the Rockstar Editor to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One with new features (also being added for current PC users as well) such as an ambient audio and sound effects library, Snapmatic integration, Director Mode updates and more."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Side Notes:

1. There will be no Story DLC for GTA 5.
  2. There will be no further Heists in GTA 5.
  3. Also the "Free Mode Events Update" is the last GTA 5 Update for those using older Generation XBOX 360 & PS3 Consoles.

To read the Article containing all of the above Information click Here

Edited by Boomerang Cat

Just have 3 achievements left myself. Very easy it's just a matter of unlocking and collecting things, I'd say 4-5hrs for completion assuming you already have all story characters unlocked!

Ah nice if you so say so bro, what about the ALL ANIMALS achievement with the Peridots? Do I have to collect them again, I already did the back then just for fun or will I be able to unlock it then straight away by just entering the director mode?

Playing on 360, I just loaded up GTA and there was no Update.

Does anyone know why?

Also it appears GTA Online has been "Hacked" for the last few weeks.

Some of the issues I've witnessed:

• Random explosions killing everyone in the Lobby.
  • Occasionally I load the Game and there is an explosion in my Garage which moves some of my stored Vehicles.
  • I've seen giant Windmill's near the entrance of the most expensive property.
  • Also a giant Boulder near the entrance of the most expensive property.

Because of my high Rank (440+) I keep getting asked "Are you a Modder?", as most people seem to think the person with the highest Rank in the Lobby is to blame and it's very annoying.

Anyone else experienced these things?

Ah nice if you so say so bro, what about the ALL ANIMALS achievement with the Peridots? Do I have to collect them again, I already did the back then just for fun or will I be able to unlock it then straight away by just entering the director mode?
I'm not sure about the animals achievement as that's all I have to do and meet a couple of those random characters! I assume it would unlock straight away as you enter director mode if they're all unlocked for you.

Playing on 360, I just loaded up GTA and there was no Update.

Does anyone know why?

Also it appears GTA Online has been "Hacked" for the last few weeks.

Some of the issues I've witnessed:

• Random explosions killing everyone in the Lobby.
  • Occasionally I load the Game and there is an explosion in my Garage which moves some of my stored Vehicles.
  • I've seen giant Windmill's near the entrance of the most expensive property.
  • Also a giant Boulder near the entrance of the most expensive property.

Because of my high Rank (440+) I keep getting asked "Are you a Modder?", as most people seem to think the person with the highest Rank in the Lobby is to blame and it's very annoying.

Anyone else experienced these things?

I don't think the DLC is available for 360.

I'm missing one of the story characters, it's for completing the Chaos mission with Michael which apparently has to be completed before the jewellery heist. My save file is at 100% so I'm pretty sure that screws me out of the achievement.

I freaked out over this too as I hadn't completed that Chaois mission either, turns outs all you have to do go to Dr Isiah Friedlander's house (speech bubble on map near beach) for one last session with him. After that mission you'll unlock his character!

[quote=Barad;666

4941]I'm not sure about the animals achievement as that's all I have to do and meet a couple of those random characters! I assume it would unlock straight away as you enter director mode if they're all unlocked for you.

I don't think the DLC is available for 360.

I freaked out over this too as I hadn't completed that Chaois mission either, turns outs all you have to do go to Dr Isiah Friedlander's house (speech bubble on map near beach) for one last session with him. After that mission you'll unlock his character!

That's a relief! Thanks for confirming that! :)